Author Topic: Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2005, 09:14:58 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why is it that so many of you are reluctant to put your location in your profile? It would be interesting to have a better idea of who we Americans are offending. Is it just being overly "Internet cautious" or is it because you do not want people to know? I think it's great to "discuss" things with people from different places.

"Americans" aren't offending. It is a certain "American", or "one or two Americans" who turned this thread into the crap-barge it is now, and I find it highly interesting the way you automatically prefer the term "we Americans" and associate it as if it was your own matter, which, it is not.

Most people here including me had no beef with any of the Americans or their dinky TV shows in the first place.

Then someone mentions that he didn't like the show because it only showed American pilots.... and then suddenly all hell breaks loose. Accusations of disrespectfulness, unpatriotic behavior, unthankfulness, using shade accounts, begin to fly from those few people. And then those guys suddenly start personal attacks and name-calling to any who might show differing opinions in this matter. Totally uncalled for. If anything might get people banned or moderated in a BBS thread for bad conduct, I'm seeing such stuff in here.

So how would you expect anyone to "discuss" anything in this kind of blatant hostility? Just because someone didn't like a show, or others thought it emphasized too much stuff on only one country?

I wouldn't know. Do you?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2005, 09:19:31 AM »
and then suddenly all hell breaks loose. Accusations of disrespectfulness, unpatriotic behavior, unthankfulness, using shade accounts, begin to fly from those few people.

Actually genious, the only shades acct was the tard that started bashing americans.

You know its funny, i'll bet you actually live in the US and stick up for the ones that hate us because we're "better than the rest of the world.":aok

"Its not their fault they hate us, look at where they come from..."

Understandably so.

waaa waaaa.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2005, 09:35:15 AM »
Here`s an idea.
When the repeat of this show comes on.....turn it on if you are interested. Don`t turn it on if you are not.
If you start watching it and it gets boring, uninteresting or doesn`t set well with your anti-American sentiment....turn the sucka off.
In the words of that great American Snoop Dog..."Ain`t no big THANG"

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program "Preschoolers Gone Wild."
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2005, 09:51:37 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
[

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program "Preschoolers Gone Wild." [/B]

:rofl  :rofl

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2005, 09:53:51 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
"Americans" aren't offending. It is a certain "American", or "one or two Americans" who turned this thread into the crap-barge it is now, and I find it highly interesting the way you automatically prefer the term "we Americans" and associate it as if it was your own matter, which, it is not.
[/B]

I guess you are directing this at me as well, since I called Wotan on the shades account, and I really just don't like the way he disrespects a certain group of people, some of whom happen to be friends of mine. I find you to be incredibly amusing, sad, but amusing. That fact that you are "offended" (cry me a river) doesn't bother me at all. I spoke my mind. Go sit wherever it is you are (that you are so proud of that you don't tell anyone about it) and whimper about being offended.

Then someone mentions that he didn't like the show because it only showed American pilots.... and then suddenly all hell breaks loose. Accusations of disrespectfulness, unpatriotic behavior, unthankfulness, using shade accounts, begin to fly from those few people. And then those guys suddenly start personal attacks and name-calling to any who might show differing opinions in this matter. Totally uncalled for. If anything might get people banned or moderated in a BBS thread for bad conduct, I'm seeing such stuff in here.
[/B]

He said the show sucked, and used "Ami", Wotan's pet term of disrespect and disdain for U.S. pilots. I called him on it, if you don't like that, well, that's just too bad. It most likely IS Wotan in a shades account, acts like him, posts like him, uses his favorite terms and attitude, and the same location. By the way, I see you still didn't answer the question about YOUR location. Figures. If you have to use a shades account, or you can't post your location, I guess you must have "issues".

So how would you expect anyone to "discuss" anything in this kind of blatant hostility? Just because someone didn't like a show, or others thought it emphasized too much stuff on only one country?

I wouldn't know. Do you?

Wotan, or his minime, started the hostility. He implies there were no great air battles shown because there were no "Amis" (theres his favorite term of disdain and disrespect again) in any great air battles, and said the show sucked because it showed only "Amis". Evidently he didn't even SEE the whole thing because there were others besides the "Amis" shown and mentioned. I really find his use of the term and his manner to be very annoying, since I know some of those "Ami" pilots personally, they are my friends. I don't take kindly to his attitude towards my friends. If you don't like that, well that's just too damned bad. If you don't like me calling him on that, well that's just too damned bad too. If you want to cry about hostility, start with the clown who started it. All I did was call him on it. While you're at it, grow a pair and tell us all where you're from. Unless, of course, you're too ashamed to tell the truth.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2005, 02:31:36 PM »
Actually Savage I think you are wrong , after knowing Wotan since about 4 year and having strong (pleonasm :D) discussions with him I can't think he is the kind of people using a shade account.

In fact the only think I'm sure of is you own him an apology.

storch

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2005, 02:54:58 PM »
I agree with straffo wotan probably would not use a shade account.  It would be out of character.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2005, 03:07:27 PM »
Here's an idea; let's ask him.

Bruno, are you Wotan?

Simple yes or no will do.

Thanks!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

storch

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2005, 03:12:30 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Bruno, are you Wotan?

Thanks!

lol what a novel and practical solution

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2005, 03:16:44 PM »

Bruno, are you Wotan?

Thanks!

by asking if he is wotan, you are assuming he is american.  why do you americans always think others are americans and america is best.  why didnt you ask if he was any other nationality.. :mad: :mad:

:D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2005, 03:17:50 PM »
I have pretty good reason to believe he is Wotan, that's why.

I'm only asking a simple question and nationality really doesn't bear on that.

But if he WAS Amurriken, I'm sure he'd be the mostest, bestest, shadiest shade evar.

:)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »
But if he WAS Amurriken, I'm sure he'd be the mostest, bestest, shadiest shade evar.

I'm sorry but I must say (with all my respect) that it's the definition of a french citizen ...

well not all French citizen but me (and I'm still modest)

storch

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
I'm sorry but I must say (with all my respect) that it's the definition of a french citizen ...

well not all French citizen but me (and I'm still modest)

I had something french once, I got it on my shoe but I was able to wash it off with a garden hose.  :D

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

Well... ok.. it's not my matter.
But you never answered the question.
"Just out of curiosity, why is it that so many of you are reluctant to put your location in your profile?"

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2005, 04:55:44 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I had something french once, I got it on my shoe but I was able to wash it off with a garden hose.  :D

:p

@skywolf : my location is in my profile