Author Topic: Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2005, 05:05:04 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
by asking if he is wotan, you are assuming he is american.  why do you americans always think others are americans and america is best.  why didnt you ask if he was any other nationality.. :mad: :mad:

:D

Uhh, because he listed his location as Florida, USA?

He's from the same general location as Wotan, uses Wotan's patterns and mannerisms, and doesn't even deny being Wotan.

But what the Hell, I'm just a stupid American, what would I know?
:rofl
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:07:25 PM by Captain Virgil Hilts »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
:p

@skywolf : my location is in my profile

I know where you are Straffo... you are one of the more interesting posting types here and you have always had your location listed. I'm just curious about all the others who don't. I'm just wondering what the reason might be. I don't see anything wrong with doing it... I don't think anyone will hunt me down here in Sunny Florida....though it might be interesting if they did.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2005, 06:09:55 PM »
Actually Savage I think you are wrong , after knowing Wotan since about 4 year and having strong (pleonasm :D) discussions with him I can't think he is the kind of people using a shade account.

In fact the only think I'm sure of is you own him an apology.

Wotan=Batz=Helvik=Wotan. What didnt you understand the first time I said it?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2005, 07:44:35 PM »
In Straffo's defense, he likes to think the best of people, even me sometimes. Also, considering the difference in language, he might not spot a shades account as easily as some do. Straffo is an okay guy, we've had our differences, but he's alright. Even if he is French.:D
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2005, 08:11:38 PM »
Wasnt intendeed harsh to Staffo, even if he is French:aok

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2005, 08:12:36 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
"Just out of curiosity, why is it that so many of you are reluctant to put your location in your profile?"
And why is it that so many are eager to put their location in the profile? Like it matters? Maybe they don't put it because of stereotypes? Like if you're from FL you don't know how to vote?

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2005, 10:12:46 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
Wasnt it said that 90% of a/c in WWII were shot down where the pilot didnt see his enemy?

I've read that it was 3/4 or 4/5 (25% and 20%) figures. Actually, I doubt anyone has the exact statistics.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2005, 11:41:25 PM »
Originally posted by Fariz
I've read that it was 3/4 or 4/5 (25% and 20%) figures. Actually, I doubt anyone has the exact statistics.

Sure , dead pilot don't fill report form ...

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2005, 11:49:19 PM »
Sure , dead pilot don't fill report form ...

The one who shot them down do though =) Still to get exact figure you need to analize 1000s forms from all war theaters.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2005, 12:11:49 AM »
Cripes almighty people. Take a vacation or something.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2005, 05:34:32 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
i thought it was great..god forbid americans salute their countrymen in this day and age. I lived in europe for 3 years and I have never seen as many patriotic flag wearing people as i did in the netherlands..they have an image of us as Jerry Springer lovin rednecks...Europeans look down their nose at us as we cheer for our country while they are more nationalistic than anyone. Dont worry though we will be there..AGAIN... when you need us.

..by the way wasnt america founded by europeans? hmmm..  

man jaxxo i had you down as slightly more incitefull and inteligent than this.

I'm sick of people consistantly playing this stupid America vs the world rubbish.

get over it or come and destroy our countries so you can claim you are the worlds greatest nation.

America: if you're gunna remain our allies, then stop with this crap.

Everyone else: unless you plan on waging a terrorist war against America, then stop with all the anti-US rubbish

we are all friends and though we may disagree, we are fighting for the same ideals.

And Morpheus, for a smart lad your're not showing us that there is much acitivty in that head of yours
:rolleyes:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2005, 07:07:51 AM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
And why is it that so many are eager to put their location in the profile? Like it matters? Maybe they don't put it because of stereotypes? Like if you're from FL you don't know how to vote?

Heh... that's pretty lame dude. I'm the first one to jump on the "we can't vote" bandwagon. You can't actually tell me you are worried that someone will make fun of you based on a stereotype? Why would you care? Is your psyche that easily dented?  If all I wanted was to do was to  make fun of you then I'd make some jokes regarding the actual size of your "horn"... 2"Horn or something along those lines. Would you get all bent out of shape? I REALLY just want to know because I'm interested. I mean, if you are in the witness protection program or something then fine by me.....but If I'm talking to someone then I'm interested in their perspective and from whence it comes. I'm not looking for ammo to hurl at you.

storch

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2005, 07:35:48 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Heh... that's pretty lame dude. I'm the first one to jump on the "we can't vote" bandwagon. You can't actually tell me you are worried that someone will make fun of you based on a stereotype? Why would you care? Is your psyche that easily dented?  If all I wanted was to do was to  make fun of you then I'd make some jokes regarding the actual size of your "horn"... 2"Horn or something along those lines. Would you get all bent out of shape? I REALLY just want to know because I'm interested. I mean, if you are in the witness protection program or something then fine by me.....but If I'm talking to someone then I'm interested in their perspective and from whence it comes. I'm not looking for ammo to hurl at you.

actually we vote just fine in my beloved florida.  perhaps those northern transplants that move here to die should be suspected of continuing bad habits. the problem we had in 2000 is that the democratic party continues to believe that the ends justifies the means.  john kennedy was elected in 1960 in a close election where democratic voter fraud was thinly veiled.  richard nixon, to his great credit chose not to pursue the issue for the good of the nation unlike the shameful al gore.  once internet al decided to whine the richard daley chicago/boss tweed tammany hall new york method of vote counting happily kicked in to oblige.  the 2000 election was a triumph for the people.  a breif respite from limp wristed national government.  furthermore it openly exposed how far out of touch with the common citizen the elitist democratic party has become.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2005, 11:17:30 AM »
Originally posted by storch
actually we vote just fine in my beloved florida.  perhaps those northern transplants that move here to die should be suspected of continuing bad habits. the problem we had in 2000 is that the democratic party continues to believe that the ends justifies the means.  john kennedy was elected in 1960 in a close election where democratic voter fraud was thinly veiled.  richard nixon, to his great credit chose not to pursue the issue for the good of the nation unlike the shameful al gore.  once internet al decided to whine the richard daley chicago/boss tweed tammany hall new york method of vote counting happily kicked in to oblige.  the 2000 election was a triumph for the people.  a breif respite from limp wristed national government.  furthermore it openly exposed how far out of touch with the common citizen the elitist democratic party has become.

Holy Feces Batman.....what brought that on? I'm a 4th Generation Floridian and even I don't get that worked up about stuff. Florida actually IS kinda funny... and like you said... most people here are from somewhere else anyway.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2005, 11:34:03 AM »
"man jaxxo i had you down as slightly more incitefull and inteligent than this."

Ahh this is the part where im supposed to ba ashamed of my country and not say anything pro-american. These threads seem to indicate only a "few" Americans are obnoxious therefore validate all claims that we are flag toating warmongers..I never suggested anything having to do with "destroying" other countries and taking them over? Where did that come from? I think ive earned the right to be proud of our country and its feats. Mechanic that attitude is exactly what i didnt like about SOME Europeans..as soon as I even mentioned I was from the U.S. i got the rolling of the eyes and the same look from people..You know the one that sums up exactly who I am because Im from the U.S.. I was expected to lower my head in shame for some reason. My remarks were pointed at a few individuals..I dont understand the attack from you but I expect it came with you rolling your eyes while typing.