Author Topic: Donut Map  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This topic is/has been posted to death.
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2005, 01:41:04 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
Incorrect. SlapShot asked how furballers could make LandGrabbers suffer.

Are you pscytzo or what? This is the 3rd post you put up saying you did not say what you obviously said. I don't have time to quote them all but here is the short form of some.

Furballers can make the land grabbers suffer.
Stilll have not answered that.

Our presence effect the land grabbers due to ENY/Perks
I answered it. It is a BS argument.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2005, 01:54:24 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
And yet, we are the ones that will up base that is flashing to defend it.  We will up when vulchers are already there and try and bust the cap.  Where were the heros on the day you speak of?  I tried upping 10 times in a row, made it off the runway and got a couple of the attackers before being shot down.  The base was lost but at list I tried.  Where were all the WAR EFFORT guys?  What is the effort that you need help that we don't help you with?  Killing a building?  How hard is it?

Our squad text usually has messages like this one.   "A## is under attack.  Lets go" or "Good fight building at A##".

Whats on yours?  "FH up in 5 mins.  Hold your ord?",  "Fight at A##, lets hit the FH"?

Non of your efforts would be sucessful with out fighters killing fighters.  I've been acussed (yeld at) on vox by the war generals for not helping.  In reallity, they were just stupid.  I was keeping 3 or 4 fighters away from the town over the water while his goon was waiting at the town.  What do you think would hapen if I took his order to go an hit the church?  Would the Nikis go after me or him?  Just tooooooo stupid to get it.

Of course, you are hero! And I am sure you are one of the best fighter pilots in this game.

Just one question: why do you write "you" in your post? I just checked my stats: since May I have made  about 1900 sorties , and it was about 80 (4%) in attack mode, plus 14 (0.7%) in bombers.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2005, 02:08:29 PM »
Think of "you" in the collective, not individual sense.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2005, 02:13:26 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Hey dipchit, you havent answered the question at hand here. HOW do we make you suffer? There is your group and my group. mmmkay?

So your group plays with eachother, and our group plays with eachother. I in now way will go out of my way to help you people win the war.

Guess what genious? There is no war for me. I log on to fight the other plane. If the other plane wants to fight a building rather than me, can I help that? I can shoot him down but we've dont that already. And its no fun clubbing baby seals time and time again.

The age old saying. I'll play my way, you can play your way. Are you that arogant that you are going to sit there and ***** about me not playing your way? When we've already told you we dont give a **** about your war, taking your base, helping you drive troops, bomb your FH's and towns. So what dont you get about that? There is plenty of toolshed tards in the MA for you to grasp hold of and use for your ultimate goal.. Which is winning your "ALL MIGHTY WAR". Its really too bad for you that you wont get everyone. If your going to **** in my sandbox Im going to make sure you cant eat, thus you wont be able to take a **** where I play. I promise you when I come back on line you tards will have no bombs available near by where Im playing. If you say I make you jerkoffs suffer, so be it. I'll make you suffer.

You are wrong. It is not me, it is you who are sitting here and cry about your holy wars with "real estate" or good fights with other planes.

I am busy, and have no time to waste. I am here to practice my English which is even worse than my flight skills.
What do you think is it clever to agrue with Land grabbers? There are just few posts from them here, and you guys replies so fast that I have no chance to  add my comments. To argue with you is much more effective.

Enough for today.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Well Howitzer you've proven to be one of the reason people have started bashing the BK's as of lately. Too bad all the BK's have to suffer for what some people do. :rolleyes:

You're 100% German but born in the US, do you speak German? Just interested. Often the people who bash peoples spelling are the same people who can't speak any other language. Guess they feal inferior...

Well Wilbus, I'm sorry you feel that way, because I'll reiterate one more time that I wasn't bashing anyone.  It was just friendly teasing.  Each member of the BKs is their own person and are responsible for their own actions, so I'd appreciate it if you would simply point all of your snide comments about me directly to me and leave them out of it.  

I am happy that you take an interest in my dialect abilities, hopefully we can use this as a gateway to resolve our little misunderstanding and by next week we can take the next baby step and try trading baseball cards or maybe you can come over and we can play GI Joe's or something.  Anyway, I speak some german and some spanish, but I am not fluent in either, but I have family members who are.  

Again, instead of trying so hard to find the fault in what people type on this board, maybe you should try and look at it in a different light and realize that sarcasm and teasing without implied hostility are indeed possible in this environment.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2005, 02:26:15 PM »
I never intended to bash the BK's, nor do I think I did. I simply said that comments like what you typed above is probarly the reason that the BK's have been bashed lately. You missunderstood this, there are quite a few BK's I like and whom I enjoy flying with.

I didn't see no sarcasm in what you typed, all I saw was bashing, not friendly bashing, just bashing. Remember, when you type, you will need to clarify even more that it is sarcasm, we can't look at your face to see how we should read/understand it.

I am happy that you take an interest in my dialect abilities, hopefully we can use this as a gateway to resolve our little misunderstanding and by next week we can take the next baby step and try trading baseball cards or maybe you can come over and we can play GI Joe's or something.

There ya go again, being all silly and immature about it.

Again, instead of trying so hard to find the fault in what people type on this board, maybe you should try and look at it in a different light and realize that sarcasm and teasing without implied hostility are indeed possible in this environment.

Like I said, I saw no sarcasm in it, I didn't see it as teasing and I still don't even though you've explained. I just see it as bad manners.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
way to take it with a grain of salt and stay on topic. :aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2005, 02:54:53 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
Think of "you" in the collective, not individual sense.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2005, 03:00:27 PM »
Topic? Do we still have a topic? ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2005, 03:35:15 PM »
Topic? Do we still have a topic?

Hey dipchit,

Guess what genious?

If you say I make you jerkoffs suffer, so be it. I'll make you suffer.

No, I don' think there is a topic anymore. Just the usual. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2005, 03:40:19 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
I never intended to bash the BK's, nor do I think I did. I simply said that comments like what you typed above is probarly the reason that the BK's have been bashed lately. You missunderstood this, there are quite a few BK's I like and whom I enjoy flying with.

I didn't see no sarcasm in what you typed, all I saw was bashing, not friendly bashing, just bashing. Remember, when you type, you will need to clarify even more that it is sarcasm, we can't look at your face to see how we should read/understand it.

There ya go again, being all silly and immature about it.

Like I said, I saw no sarcasm in it, I didn't see it as teasing and I still don't even though you've explained. I just see it as bad manners.

Well once again you are taking it too seriously.  You've proven you can't joke around and you take offense to everything.  I think that you refuse to take a lighthearted approach to this conversation and you simply enjoy finding fault with others.  I cannot help you to understand any further than I already have, so if you want to continue being mad don't let me stop you.  But I think that you will find that quite a few folks know me in game, and I'm not a person who enjoys bashing others for fun.  I do however like to tease and laugh about things lightheartedly.  

But rest assured you will go down on record for really putting me in my place with your stern comments and unwaivering attitude.  If you catch me ongame sometime or even in PM we can talk about it again, but if you don't care, then you don't care and I can accept that if you can...   :aok

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2005, 03:43:29 PM »
Wilbuz, my apologies.  Howi, check squad forum messages ASAP.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Re: MMMMM-K.
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Here's the bottom line, for me.

Furballers, I love you guys (in a manly sort of way).  BUT you are not the center of my universe.  Sometimes, I like to furball.  It's good, mindless, quick fun.  

Sometimes, I like to do base capture stuff.  It's fun, too, but in a different way.

DO I DELIBERATELY GO AFTER YOUR FURBALL, to "grief" you (that isn't really a word, by the way)?  No.  I don't even think about you when I am doing my base capture thing, except as something in my way--some kind of challenge to be overcome.  Part of the requirements (based on the game design) that I need to accomplish  

News Flash:  On Dar, it's very difficult to tell a furball from the usual base capture/defense conga line.  Hell, we're both (groups) attracted to the large darbar--I want to attack, destroy, and work my will over the base defenders (insert evil laugh here), and you are looking for targets and opponents.

I've seen and been in your "furballs", and frankly don't see the wonder of it all.  Typically, there are a bunch of planes down on the deck, wrapping around each other and trying to get the guns pointed at a target--any target.  Above this lower stratus, there is a group of opportunists--all looking for the moment when one of low-level guys loses situational awareness, and they can swoop in for a kill.  Above them are the cherry pickers, looking for the same thing.

All good fun.  Exciting, even.  Great for adrenaline junkies.  And, sometimes, an adrenaline rush is what I want.  Other times, I want something else from the game.

The way I see it, there's room for both groups in the game, at the same time.  If you think otherwise, then you are free to go somewhere else, as I am free to go somewhere else if I feel that your furballing is getting in the way of my desired game experience.

Good post Shubie.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2005, 03:50:05 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
.  Where were the heros on the day you speak of?  I tried upping 10 times in a row, made it off the runway and got a couple of the attackers before being shot down.  The base was lost but at list I tried.  Where were all the WAR EFFORT guys?  What is the effort that you need help that we don't help you with?  Killing a building?  How hard is it?

The next time you up at a capped field 10 times, film it and post it.  You don't have the stats of a guy that does that--not enough deaths, by far.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2005, 03:50:51 PM »
Hehe, putting you in place? No, atleast I understand your sarcasm and irony when it comes to those lines ;)

It was never my intention to put you in place nor did I do it. I gave you my opinion and my view on your post, the way I (and I guess some others aswell) understood it. Simply saying if you're gonna be sarcastic, maybe you should overdo it.

You can joke as much as you want around me if it does indeed show up as a joke. I don't get offended very easily but I don't really take it lightly when someone makes fun of one of my squadies (sarcastic or not) because of their spelling.

But I think that you will find that quite a few folks know me in game, and I'm not a person who enjoys bashing others for fun.

Sounds good too me :)

The discussion is ended, you know what I mean with the post and I know what you mean. Period.

Cu in the virtual skies :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson