Author Topic: Donut Map  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This topic is/has been posted to death.
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005, 11:30:12 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
I never assume. Your the one who made the statement that the furballer were ruining the LandGrabbers fun, not me.

Incorrect. SlapShot asked how furballers could make LandGrabbers suffer.
I explained that. Nothing more, nothing else. I never made statement about my fun, about my position in this holy war between furballers and land grabbers, I never even told that I like or dislike something, at least in this thread.

I am no ones resource. Even with regards to my squad I fly when and where I want, not when and where someone else wants.

Your desires don't change the fact that your presence affects others. I don't tell you that should do or don't do anything, it is up to you. I do exactly the same what you do -  have fun and don't  think about someone else. Even more than you - I am not in squad.

As far as ENY, Perks, etc.. If you don't like the ENY, perk situation then change sides. It rarely effects me no matter what the numbers. If changing sides is not an option for you then to bad, live with it. You see, most of the people who switch to the 'winning' side are the land grabbers. So they are the ones effecting the ENY,Perk thing. Not the furballers. Most of the furballer will switch to the side w/out the numbers if they are want to switch.

I didn't say anything about what I like or what I don't like. I said that your presence on the arena affect others, and gave example to prove my point. Your reasonings about ENY just confirmed my point.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2005, 11:59:53 AM »
The FighterTown on the Donut Map is the best thing to happen to AH in the last two years.

It's a damn shame the war winners can't leave it alone and play their own game outside the mountain ring.

No field in FT needs to be taken to reset the map.

People who choose to furball are not "resources" for little Napoleons to use in their campaigns to reset the electrons.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Donut Map
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2005, 12:08:23 PM »
Blah bu blah bu blah bu blah wwwaaa wwwaaa!

whimper sniff.  :( :rofl :O :noid :rolleyes:
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
Blah bu blah bu blah bu blah wwwaaa wwwaaa!

whimper sniff.  :( :rofl :O :noid :rolleyes:

Come on guys...... To quote the Great Elvisius of Costellonia
"What's so funny bout' peace, love, and understanding?"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
I know all of that. I've been  flying here for a  one and half year almost  every day. And I agree with you, what you described happened, happens and will happen forever.
But you asked how furballers could ruin others fun. I told you.
Imagine the situation - half of the rooks take off on the far corner of the map where no enemies at all, and just fly in circles to train their wingman's skills. For others disbalance would be huge, but according to roster everything is even and ok. I think you woudn't be surprised if others ask that guys to log out , and train skills in DA or TA.
How this situation differs from 40 furballers chasing Shane and couple of other guys in FT? And I don't assume that. This is real situation happened two days ago, and most of the people here can confirm this.

If this is your example ...

For example, at Tuesday evening, when Rooks were going to lose the war there was very interesting situation - 40 rooks against 2-3 knights and bishops in FT, and just few rooks tried to defend couple of fields on the south against hords. I flied for the rooks in FT, and wouldn't say that it was much fun. Everybody just tried to steal others kills, that is it. And I could understand frustration of "win the war" guys who saw huge resources wasted for nothing in the FT.

you have no clue.

If I was amongst those 40 rooks (I fly for the rooks at the moment) having a blast (remember ... I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WINNING THE WAR) ... how is that making the other Rooks suffer ?  Where is the suffering/griefing in that ? Because I choose to spend my money as I see fit (without griefing others) I am causing them to suffer. Your stretching it just a tad too far for the sake of trying to make a point and in the end ... its not helping you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2005, 12:32:53 PM »
Oh I get it now ... its my presence that is "griefing" the toolshedders.

I see ... my presence is part of the ENY factor so if I am not wacking the crap out of stationary objects, then my presence in the ENY calculations causes it to go askew. zOMFG !!! QUAH !!! you have got to be kidding me.

The ENY sword cuts both ways. My prefered ride is the Spit V which is one of the first planes to feel the swift cut of the ENY sword. But OMG ... I am now forced to fly something else ... like am FM2, Ki, P-38, P-47, F6-F, F4U-1, C205 ... what am I to do ... :O

Meanwhile (at the same time) all the toolshedders have been stripped of their favorite rides and can't continue to take the fight to the enemy ?

Somehow I don't see the parity. I can tear a field/town up with a P-47-D25,D11,D30 or a P-38-J,G, F6-F, 110-G2, F4U-1 ... the list goes on ... and all of these planes hardly ever feel the cut of the ENY sword (things really have to be out of balance for these planes to get eliminated).

Find a better example as to how furballers "grief" the toolshedders.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
Donut Map
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2005, 12:51:36 PM »
Geez, are you BK's getting treatment in the same Hospital :rolleyes: ? Doctors should change medication then.

Again chris was trying to express his Feelings considering Map developments, maybe he got misunderstood because of his english spelling it gives nobody esp. not a B lue K nallkopf (couldn't hold it ;)) the right to jump on him and call him names.

I personally find Fightertown a great addition too.

@ Bruno: great pic :D.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 01:06:41 PM by maik »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2005, 12:54:59 PM »
ROFL, newbs be running their mouths off about how we are making them suffer, their war is put in jepordy because of us and our lame game play. Yet when I ask how, they shut em like good little newbs.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2005, 01:01:22 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
The FighterTown on the Donut Map is the best thing to happen to AH in the last two years..

yep
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2005, 01:05:10 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
If I was amongst those 40 rooks (I fly for the rooks at the moment) having a blast (remember ... I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WINNING THE WAR) ... how is that making the other Rooks suffer ?  Where is the suffering/griefing in that ? Because I choose to spend my money as I see fit (without griefing others) I am causing them to suffer. Your stretching it just a tad too far for the sake of trying to make a point and in the end ... its not helping you.

You make other Rooks suffer because you "don't give a crap" about achieving their goals. You don't like them, you don't want to participate in their efforts. Instead of help them to win the war you prefer to play in your own sandbox. They are deaming about how fast they would precipitate all their enemies if all that excellent fighter pilots who are spending their lifes in sensless furballs joined them. But dreams never come true... No, reality becomes worse and worse. If you at least sometimes helped  them in their efforts  on other maps just because you happened to be not far from their targets now you are sitting in the center of the map far from any " must to be capped" field, and just waste priceless ENY resource. Nigtmares, bad appetite, problems with co-workers and in family, suicidal thoughts... And you want to say that this is not suffering?

Please, don't make me suffer. I am starting to  believe that some people are very heartless which is obviously not true.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
MMMMM-K.
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »
Here's the bottom line, for me.

Furballers, I love you guys (in a manly sort of way).  BUT you are not the center of my universe.  Sometimes, I like to furball.  It's good, mindless, quick fun.  

Sometimes, I like to do base capture stuff.  It's fun, too, but in a different way.

DO I DELIBERATELY GO AFTER YOUR FURBALL, to "grief" you (that isn't really a word, by the way)?  No.  I don't even think about you when I am doing my base capture thing, except as something in my way--some kind of challenge to be overcome.  Part of the requirements (based on the game design) that I need to accomplish  

News Flash:  On Dar, it's very difficult to tell a furball from the usual base capture/defense conga line.  Hell, we're both (groups) attracted to the large darbar--I want to attack, destroy, and work my will over the base defenders (insert evil laugh here), and you are looking for targets and opponents.

I've seen and been in your "furballs", and frankly don't see the wonder of it all.  Typically, there are a bunch of planes down on the deck, wrapping around each other and trying to get the guns pointed at a target--any target.  Above this lower stratus, there is a group of opportunists--all looking for the moment when one of low-level guys loses situational awareness, and they can swoop in for a kill.  Above them are the cherry pickers, looking for the same thing.

All good fun.  Exciting, even.  Great for adrenaline junkies.  And, sometimes, an adrenaline rush is what I want.  Other times, I want something else from the game.

The way I see it, there's room for both groups in the game, at the same time.  If you think otherwise, then you are free to go somewhere else, as I am free to go somewhere else if I feel that your furballing is getting in the way of my desired game experience.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2005, 01:06:02 PM »
The only way furballers grief toolshedders is by shooting them down,  repeatedly.  How dare they fly into that twenty-plane horde and fight, and make the toolshedders try to find another undefended field to milk.  The horror.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2005, 01:32:03 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
You make other Rooks suffer because you "don't give a crap" about achieving their goals. You don't like them, you don't want to participate in their efforts. Instead of help them to win the war you prefer to play in your own sandbox. They are deaming about how fast they would precipitate all their enemies if all that excellent fighter pilots who are spending their lifes in sensless furballs joined them. But dreams never come true... No, reality becomes worse and worse. If you at least sometimes helped  them in their efforts  on other maps just because you happened to be not far from their targets now you are sitting in the center of the map far from any " must to be capped" field, and just waste priceless ENY resource. Nigtmares, bad appetite, problems with co-workers and in family, suicidal thoughts... And you want to say that this is not suffering?

Please, don't make me suffer. I am starting to  believe that some people are very heartless which is obviously not true.

And yet, we are the ones that will up base that is flashing to defend it.  We will up when vulchers are already there and try and bust the cap.  Where were the heros on the day you speak of?  I tried upping 10 times in a row, made it off the runway and got a couple of the attackers before being shot down.  The base was lost but at list I tried.  Where were all the WAR EFFORT guys?  What is the effort that you need help that we don't help you with?  Killing a building?  How hard is it?

Our squad text usually has messages like this one.   "A## is under attack.  Lets go" or "Good fight building at A##".

Whats on yours?  "FH up in 5 mins.  Hold your ord?",  "Fight at A##, lets hit the FH"?

Non of your efforts would be sucessful with out fighters killing fighters.  I've been acussed (yeld at) on vox by the war generals for not helping.  In reallity, they were just stupid.  I was keeping 3 or 4 fighters away from the town over the water while his goon was waiting at the town.  What do you think would hapen if I took his order to go an hit the church?  Would the Nikis go after me or him?  Just tooooooo stupid to get it.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Donut Map
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2005, 01:33:28 PM »
The only interference with the other faction comes from the toolshedders---why yu ask---cause furballers don't climb up but toolshedders come down---usually after they drop oradanence over the water when they see a bunch of low dots.

And I salute the whole works of em cause trying to shoot down B&Z is kinda fun.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2005, 01:38:08 PM »
You make other Rooks suffer because you "don't give a crap" about achieving their goals. You don't like them, you don't want to participate in their efforts. Instead of help them to win the war you prefer to play in your own sandbox. They are deaming about how fast they would precipitate all their enemies if all that excellent fighter pilots who are spending their lifes in sensless furballs joined them.

Man ... you just don't get it.

I do not log in to the MA to become your or anybody elses little puppet in the "WIN THE WAR" effort. That is not what I signed up for, and there is nothing in all of Aces High's Terms and Conditions that says that is what I MUST do. They can dream until the cows come home, but if I decide that I do not want to participate in their quest ... then so be it ... that is MY choice and mine alone ... not yours ... not theirs ... not anybody's ... its all MINE.

Listen ... I flew for the MAW for a couple of years ... I know all about the WIN THE WAR ... landgrab scene. I had fun with it but I chose to move on.

Never ... I repeat NEVER ... did I ostracize or "grief" those who chose not to participate in our activities ... nor, at any time did I feel that my style of gameplay (base-taking) was suffering at the hands of those who chose to furball. That is selfishness at it highest.

I'll tell you another thing ... when I do participate (and I do at times) in the land-grab scene ... I laugh at their execution (compared to MAW training). Most, when it comes to base-taking, could find their arse with both hands ... that is another reason why I very rarely partake ... talk about a waste of time. The intentions for the most part aren't to take the base, but to level everything in sight and then all scramble for the few vulches that may have gotten wheels up. Joy of joys !!!

Just so you understand ... I am a furballer only in the sense that I do not participate in land-grabbing and prefer the fight with an individual rather than a stationary object. I can only take so much of the twisting chaos of a true furball ... what I like to do is find a base that is under imminent attack or already under attack and slap the silly little toolshedders out of the sky and hope that there is someone in the group who can put up a good fight. In most cases ... this works for me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 01:40:30 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights