Author Topic: Donut Map  (Read 3184 times)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Donut Map
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 10:25:43 AM »
Blah bu blah bu blah bu blah WWWAAA WWWAAA!!!

P.S. Sniff
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2005, 10:26:12 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
It is unfair to arbitrarily assume that the real estate takers purposely seek out the furballers.

I know all of that. I've been  flying here for a  one and half year almost  every day. And I agree with you, what you described happened, happens and will happen forever.
But you asked how furballers could ruin others fun. I told you.
Imagine the situation - half of the rooks take off on the far corner of the map where no enemies at all, and just fly in circles to train their wingman's skills. For others disbalance would be huge, but according to roster everything is even and ok. I think you woudn't be surprised if others ask that guys to log out , and train skills in DA or TA.
How this situation differs from 40 furballers chasing Shane and couple of other guys in FT? And I don't assume that. This is real situation happened two days ago, and most of the people here can confirm this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 10:29:33 AM by Vad »

Offline NAVCAD

• Zinc Member
a bruised and beaten man once said "can't we all just get along"...
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2005, 10:30:40 AM »
Now that's funny....:)

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
Donut Map
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2005, 10:30:43 AM »
o/t

Chris and Maik I was looking through Luftwaffe im Focus and ran acros this picture (click on thumbnail):

I thought you and the other 9./JG54 guys may get a kick out of it. Does Kirin and St.Santa still play AH? If so pass it on...

The umbrella is made from parachute silk and the 9./JG54 art is painted on...

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: This topic is/has been posted to death.
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2005, 10:31:02 AM »
Originally posted by Vad
But let be honest, furballers can and sometimes do destroy others fun.

Please explain how that can be done? Just because 40 Rooks are furballing with a few Knit/Bish in FT does not mean that they are ruining someones fun? They are doing what THEY want.

If your crying that your getting hoarded on the last few bases of a map, well that's easily fixed. Stop defending them and the map will get reset.

So you lost a meaningless war. So what.

Everyone needs to grasp this simple concept. NO ONE IN THIS GAME IS ANYONE ELSE'S RESOURCE!

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2005, 10:35:42 AM »
Yeah I think MANY land grab guys have a misconception that if you stop the furballers from furballing, they will help in your glorious quest to win the war. Truth of the matter is, 90% will log or try to start a furball somewhere else. I have yet to hear a furballer say,"well they killed the furball, lets join a mishun!!!":rolleyes:
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Donut Map
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2005, 10:43:55 AM »
Originally posted by Vad
How this situation differs from 40 furballers chasing Shane and couple of other guys in FT? And I don't assume that. This is real situation happened two days ago, and most of the people here can confirm this.

Well, on that day I tried deffending the bases you speak of.  I stopped a couple of missions comming in to one of the bases.  It was easy cause they were more interested in delivering the bombs than actually having one of them keep me busy while the rest continued with their mission.  See, they were all squadies, but interested in their score more than their mission, so they tried to out run a 51 with their heavies.

After that however, I tried repeatedly to lift off again but could not due to the everwhelming number of vulchers.  So I went to FT and chashed Shane with the rest of them.

I guess, what you would want me to do is continue to get vulched untill reset?  The tool sheaders continued to fight the war because it was easy at that time.  It was a question of who is going to get the vulch first.  Maybe, those 40 guys you speak of (and it was nothing close to that number) had the only options of logging off, or going to FT.  So, having been pushed to FT from the toolsheaders and vulchers, the are now being blamed for ruining the fun of the vulchers cause there is no one left to vulch?

You guys are amaising.  You talk about figting a war when in rweallity it is all about scorring and safety.  If you really want to have a feeling of acomplishment, try taking a well deffended base.  That would be kind of hard though and require coordination.  Could lead to some fighting since you would have to kill the fighters, etc.  Cut the BS about fighting the war.  You are not "FIGHTING" anything but undefended buildings.   Really a chalenge eh?
 :p
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2005, 10:44:24 AM »
Originally posted by NAVCAD
Cliffra Jones:

My caffine suggestion goes for you as well....
As I said in my first response, this is just my opinion.  You (and apparently SOME of you furrballing bretheren) have taken it personally.  WHY?

Why? Because you come in here making statement you cannot back up. HOW DO WE MAKE YOU SUFFER?

Your the one who brought up,
1. Not helping take a base.
2. Blaming furballer for you getting your prettythang shot off.
3. Telling us (like you are some kind of general) to go to the DA.

So, because I'm off furballing and your getting your prettythang shot off, I'm making you suffer. I'm ruining your game play. Spare me.:cry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 10:48:41 AM by Clifra Jones »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2005, 10:48:18 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos

You guys are amaising.  You talk about figting a war when in rweallity it is all about scorring and safety.  If you really want to have a feeling of acomplishment, try taking a well deffended base.  That would be kind of hard though and require coordination.  Could lead to some fighting since you would have to kill the fighters, etc.  Cut the BS about fighting the war.  You are not "FIGHTING" anything but undefended buildings.   Really a chalenge eh?
 :p

So true. Many a time I've been at a field with these types and when the resistance does come they melt. Then you see them attacking some other undefended field far off on the map.

Freakin' heroes!

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2005, 10:52:01 AM »
What exactly is the diffrence for the win the war crowd if the furballer furball somewhere on the map or in the da?

They dont help win the war this or that way.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: This topic is/has been posted to death.
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2005, 11:00:24 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Please explain how that can be done? Just because 40 Rooks are furballing with a few Knit/Bish in FT does not mean that they are ruining someones fun? They are doing what THEY want.

Everyone needs to grasp this simple concept. NO ONE IN THIS GAME IS ANYONE ELSE'S RESOURCE!

I explained this in my next post.
And please, don't "ASSUME" (c) that  I am "win the war" guy. I, as all   other furballers, chased bishops and knights in FT in 10v1 fights.
BTW, you are incorrect about resources. If you are not resource than you presence or not presence on the arena shouldn't affect anybody. But in reality your presence is affecting others ENY limit, perk cost, etc. I agree, it is insignificant, but your statement is not absolutely correct.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Donut Map
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2005, 11:07:05 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I guess, what you would want me to do is continue to get vulched untill reset?  :p

Of course not.
Looks like I was much clever than you, I didn't even try to get vulched, and spent that evening in FT :).
But it was boring too. About 12 EST it was 10v1 fights.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This topic is/has been posted to death.
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2005, 11:09:38 AM »
Originally posted by Vad
I explained this in my next post.
And please, don't "ASSUME" (c) that  I am "win the war" guy. I, as all   other furballers, chased bishops and knights in FT in 10v1 fights.
BTW, you are incorrect about resources. If you are not resource than you presence or not presence on the arena shouldn't affect anybody. But in reality your presence is affecting others ENY limit, perk cost, etc. I agree, it is insignificant, but your statement is not absolutely correct.

I never assume. Your the one who made the statement that the furballer were ruining the LandGrabbers fun, not me.

I am no ones resource. Even with regards to my squad I fly when and where I want, not when and where someone else wants.

As far as ENY, Perks, etc.. If you don't like the ENY, perk situation then change sides. It rarely effects me no matter what the numbers. If changing sides is not an option for you then to bad, live with it. You see, most of the people who switch to the 'winning' side are the land grabbers. So they are the ones effecting the ENY,Perk thing. Not the furballers. Most of the furballer will switch to the side w/out the numbers if they are want to switch.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Donut Map
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2005, 11:18:20 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I think when I come back I will devote a tour to porking strat. Ord, troops, you name it. I'll recruit some of the heavy hitting strat dweebs to help me on my mishun to ruin the fun of you toolshed furball-fight wrecking terds.

The hell with taking your bases... I dont give a rats bellybutton about them anyways. I'll take your bombs, and presious troops away...

count me in.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Donut Map
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2005, 11:23:57 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
[SIZE=25]Hitech please hurry up and finish ToD so sphynchterII can have his arena filled with guys  who like to win the war and doesnt have his life ruined by losers who just want to fight. [/SIZE]

Now isn't that just so cute. HiTech will know you mean business now.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs