Author Topic: The community lately....  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
The community lately....
« on: October 12, 2005, 05:50:50 AM »
Is it just me, or has the quality and substance of threads here become significantly lower within the last several months. Pretty much every thread here is filled with an idiotic replies, written in so called “elite” speak. There’s very rarely a sublime tongue-in-cheek joust – it’s just pretty much “quah” this, “pnwd” that with a healty dose of personal attacks. (BTW, I believe Spork42 is to be blamed for this “qauh” thing.)   But I digress…..

The foolish debate about furballing vs base captures…has to be one of the worst culprits of causing the normally sane, intelligent, well-spoken people of the Aces High COMMUNITY to lose all their facilities and drone on and one about “play my way…no?...you suck (insert your standard low-brow attempt at insult here)”

If I was new to the community instead of watching it evolve over several years, I don’t know if I would like it. Just some of the arrogance and lack of intellect and respect from certain cliques of people would be enough to leave a bad taste. Granted, it is an online game, and there will be some element of “quake kids” in it, but Aces High is so far above games like that. Here you have to think, react, use strategy, have teamwork and cooperation.
Well unless you’re furballing – then we’re back to “air quake” and “you ho’d me because I wont admit that you killed me due to a nice front quarter shot, and my internet persona can’t handle getting shot down, cause I’m still better than anyone here.”

What i find odd is that you can’t get a fair fight in the “so-called” fighter town. Even if you engage a con, or turn the tables of one attacking…you’ll be jumped by 3 or more others. Good luck finding the great rush of a good 1 vs 1 that last 8 to 10 minutes – a type of fight that leaves you with a pounding chest because you forgot to breathe in the last minutes of the fight. I would fight more in fighter town if you could find those more often, but all you have is score rubes in a horde circling and waiting for you to get engaged so they can come in for an easy kill. Then they run off to base believing they are a good “virtual pilot”

Oh well if you like beating your head on a wall.....

I would love to see the results from that player base questionnaire HTC had a few months back when you logged in. At least then I could know if it’s just smart-alec kids or adults that have simply lost their mind.

To the vocal vain minority..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:54:19 AM by Waffle »

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
The community lately....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 06:56:21 AM »
This  "elite" speak is  mostly  kids.  I have tho seen many adults typing this on this BBS and on the game.    Its rather immature.     Just my opinion.    

I think its the "young" armchair warriors  who run their mouths more than the adults.    It is getting old Waffle, I agree.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 07:15:06 AM »
QUAH is QUAH.

FT is FT.

You're right, good luck finding a 1v1 there. When it was still a back up MA map and we had 10 people in there... There were NO 1v1's. That's why they call it a furball. The fun of it is seeing how many  you can kill before they kill you or before you run out of ammo. There hasnt been furballs in the MA like there has been in FT in a loooong time. One massive constant all night long furball.

If a 1v1 lasts 8-10 minutes its probably because you're both too girlish to engage and get the job done, neither have ammo, one is running (which is considered fighting by many these days) both are blind and cant land a shot, or drunk.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
The community lately....
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 07:21:04 AM »
I am extremely disappointed about myself, that I lost control, and went into that discussion. I have to agree that nowaday it is very hard to find a good interesting post on this board, and level of the posts are much lower, than they were few years ago.

I decided to stay  stay away from this board, and minimize my participation in anything which involves interaction with AH community. It does not includes old time AH friends and squadies, they always can find my support and I am always happy to give them my time for anything.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 07:58:31 AM »
See Rule #4, #16
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:23:11 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
The community lately....
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:02:03 AM »
Originally posted by SEgunner
This  "elite" speak is  mostly  kids.  I have tho seen many adults typing this on this BBS and on the game.    Its rather immature.     Just my opinion.    

I think its the "young" armchair warriors  who run their mouths more than the adults.    It is getting old Waffle, I agree.

Oh... I dunno.... I'm 47 years old and I think it's pretty funny.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
The community lately....
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:08:47 AM »
wow - I need to go to the track today and place some wagers....I'll hit the daily double for sure...

Figured within 5 post someone would post with something trivial and non-productive..even in elite speak...

Nailed that right on the head.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:27:14 AM by Waffle »

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 08:11:29 AM »
Maybe there needs to be a little more moderation on the boards, pun intended.

I agree WRT fighter town too, thought it was the best thing in AH for ages at first, but it is starting to pall now. Sometimes I circle near one of the enemy bases, a little away from the conveyor belt route to the lake. It is very hard to tempt a lone con towards you though, even co alt. They just want to pull you back to their friends or they come at you mob handed.

Killing the dar with rockets and extending away from the lake and beyond icon range has worked a couple of times. Players feel safer behind their own base and feel less threatened by jabos.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: The community lately....
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 08:11:38 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Is it just me, or has the quality and substance of threads here become significantly lower within the last several months.  

It's you, I think.  The furballer v. toolshed warrior fight, in particular, has been going on forever, and usually breaks down on the same lines ("Why do you want to ruin our fun, you unskilled dweeb?" v. "I can play any way I like, you mindless airquaker").  Glad I don't have to fly there.

- oldman

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 08:14:44 AM »
you are absolutely right waffle! it is a disgrace! I BLAME CANADA!!! :furious :mad:

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 08:20:43 AM »
How did I know this would turn into yet another Blue Knights bash thread?  If you're not part of the solution, Waffle, you're part of the problem.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
The community lately....
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 08:20:44 AM »
Well put waffle.

Although I did take a Hurri MK1 into FT and managed to get 2 kills but I had to call in the rest of the squad to clear my butt so I could land those 2 kills. but thats kinda sad when you have to have the back up of the BOPs just to go land some kills.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 08:24:27 AM »
The thread started out good....but unfortunately it too turned into a rant itself. Its part of the game. Someone gets beats, their only recourse is to sputter on here. I see it on ch200 all the time.

Pilot1 - "You're lucky you had so much E!"
Pilot2-  "Lets go DA then."
Pilot1-   "Later...Im busy"

Its just how some people handle defeat. As if they think when they die a sign pops up for all to see that says he was killed by so and so. And he tries to defend his death.

If a new guy came here and saw the rants, chances are he would ignore most of them. He'd either think he didnt have an opinion yet, or he would be too busy in the game rather than on these boards. But Im sure even the new guy...will voice his opinions in due time.

Best thing to do is ignore it if it bothers you. Somedays Im in the mood to say stuff..other days I just shake my head.

~AoM~

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
The community lately....
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 08:26:42 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
How did I know this would turn into yet another Blue Knights bash thread?  If you're not part of the solution, Waffle, you're part of the problem.

-- Todd/Leviathn

yeah - your right... should've kept that to myself and just snickered....but it wasn't a BK bash / rant....

I think you're wanting it to be.

Btw I edited my post.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 08:47:10 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

-- Todd/Leviathn

I don't see any mention of the BK in Waffle post.
Put if you find it fit your squad behaviour ... perhaps is he not far from truth ?
what do you think ?