Author Topic: The community lately....  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
The community lately....
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
Something else, when I read it thru some recent flames on the forum, it became more clear to me, that people do not actually read what other people write. The real problem is that people more concern about what they say, than what other people say.

Understanding is a rare thing in the world, and even more rare thing on this board. =)

What can be changed here? It is apparent for me, that the only thing I can really change in this world, is me. So, because I have nothing else constructive to say, I will just shut up. =)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 10:34:30 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
A couple of points, Batfink.  First, people quickly forget that Lazs has been around for years representing the best public interests of the BKs.  At one point years ago HTC requested that he stop posting in the general forum because he pissed off so many people and generated so much hostility.  Now, I think Lazs would punch me in the kidney if I suggested he was a gentleman, so I'll just pretend you didn't say that for your own sake.

Second, the BKs don't take the game seriously.  We have fun with it.  The self-admiring or apparent self-admiring is a joke.  It's hyperbole and sarcasm.  Does anyone honestly think I go around declaring that I am King of the Pwn?  It's a joke exactly because that's not me.  Maybe others don't get the joke, but we do, and that's what counts.  My advice is for folks to lighten up.

-- Todd/Leviathn

{batfink}  oh, and im not even saying this is what you ARE, its merely what you APPEAR to be to the rest of the community.

seems to me we are agreeing on this point atleast.

the term gentelman is more of a reflection on you general morals, how you fly, and your attitude to healthy competition.

............................. ............................. ..........

fariz, thats the best point anyone made this thread

{edited to save continuation of arguments}

I always have given people a fair start in life. I'm pretty sure if anyone doesnt like me its something about me they dont like and inevitable we wont get on. I have nothing against the Blue Knights,  or indeed any squad in AH (LTARs aside of course).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:45:44 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 10:40:13 AM »
Originally posted by Fariz
Something else, when I read it thru some recent flames on the forum, it became more clear to me, that people do not actually read what other people write. The real problem is that people more concern about what they say, than what other people say.

Understanding is a rare thing in the world, and even more rare thing on this board. =)

ROFL, god im glad someone else noticed this. I will watch a thread progress through 5-6 pages sometimes many more... And starting usually on page two or the end of one, more and more new players to the thread will start adding their opinions, opinions which have nothing, not a thing to do with the orginal post. (The birth of a hijack.) Then they start getting pissed off at one another. (The birth of flames and trolls). THEN hitech/skuzzy/pyro will enter, much like the sandman himself... And lock the thread. Suddenly you have 2,3 or 4 hell even 5 threads which spawned from the original thread that was locked because people in those threads have got BIG problems with what someone said, did, how they played, how they dressed on this one particular day way back when... (much like this thread)

Its not unlike the process of life. It seems like there is more of it now than ever. Well that's probably true, but there's also many more new players than ever before.

Fact is, many of you people take this game way too seriously. Waffle, dont tell me you havent trolled, and poked fun at anyone before... Have you forgoten about the JB88 thread? No one is perfect, nor should they have tobe in someone else's eyes. Take it with a grain of salt. Its the internet. You should not forget that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:42:59 AM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 10:46:36 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
seems to me we are agreeing on this point atleast.

We are in agreement in the sense (as Lazs will surely be along to note) that those who are humor-deprived or don't get the joke will believe what they want to believe.  Obviously some will get the joke, and the rest will think what they think for whatever reason.  There's not much I can do about that, nor would I want to waste the time trying.  I can say this with some certainty: the Blue Knights I fly with now are exactly like the Blue Knights I flew with years ago when I first joined the squad.  Many of them are one and the same.  So have the Blue Knights changed... or has everyone else?

We are, after all, just a bunch of vulching bullies.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 10:48:27 AM »
nope.   the fact is the joke is on going. and ongoing jokes soon become boring and tedious to those not involved.

remember...i see the joke, and it doesnt bother me i am used to it but alot of others wont even see it as you say, or wont want to put up with it when it is 100% of the time.

this is just for understanding the bigger picture. I feel pretty neutral towards it.

maybe its the joke that has increased in volume, not the squad its self??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:52:22 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
The community lately....
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:57 AM »
A couple of points, Batfink.  First, people quickly forget that Lazs has been around for years representing the best public interests of the BKs.  At one point years ago HTC requested that he stop posting in the general forum because he pissed off so many people and generated so much hostility.  Now, I think Lazs would punch me in the kidney if I suggested he was a gentleman, so I'll just pretend you didn't say that for your own sake.

Second, the BKs don't take the game seriously.  We have fun with it.  The self-admiring or apparent self-admiring is a joke.  It's hyperbole and sarcasm.  Does anyone honestly think I go around declaring that I am King of the Pwn?  It's a joke exactly because that's not me.  Maybe others don't get the joke, but we do, and that's what counts.  My advice is for folks to lighten up.

-- Todd/Leviathn

BINGO!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 10:59:35 AM »
nope.   the fact is the joke is on going. and ongoing jokes soon become boring and tedious to those not involved.

remember...i see the joke, and it doesnt bother me i am used to it but alot of others wont even see it as you say, or wont want to put up with it when it is 100% of the time.

this is just for understanding the bigger picture. I feel pretty neutral towards it.

maybe its the joke that has increased in volume, not the squad its self??

who the hell are you saposed to be? Geraldo?

Waffle has taken the roll of community saint. Or tried to.

I'll be the ******* who doesnt give a ****.

But you... Your role isnt quite clear to me as of yet.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »
you used to be a squad of highly skilled gentlemen. It just seems to most that you expanded into a squad of highly skilled over self admiring gamers.

It's all tongue-n-cheek Bat. The BKs' are probably the most loosey-goosey squad in all of AH (outside of the 13th TAS). We are here to have fun, fight, and fight some more.

We take great pleasure in parody and scarcasm to poke the eyes of those who take this virtual pleasure we call Aces High way over the edge. I guess some can't see the forest thru the trees ... oh well.

Without some sarcastic balance ... this place would meltdown.

Glad to see  you back around here again Bat ... haven't run into you in the sky yet, but look forward to it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 11:03:12 AM »
so we are argueing about argueing? :huh

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 11:04:52 AM »
I am no one morpheus, im am a faceless intardnet type font.

which gives me the right to play jesus christ or adolf hitler depending on my mood.

i think given this great power its a huge show of my character that i choose to play jesus :D

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2005, 11:06:26 AM »
I am no one morpheus, im am a faceless intardnet type font.

which gives me the right to play jesus christ or adolf hitler depending on my mood.

i think given this great power its a huge show of my character that i choose to play jesus :D

you should have went with geraldo, he was a badarse! He founded cops and went to war and did just about everything.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2005, 11:06:57 AM »
Originally posted by megadud
so we are argueing about argueing? :huh

Shut up.  Who asked you anyway?

:furious

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2005, 11:10:45 AM »
Originally posted by megadud
you should have went with geraldo, he was a badarse! He founded cops and went to war and did just about everything.

What would Geraldo do if he was here right now
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what Geraldo'd do

Geraldo...Talk... Geraldo.....FIGHT
When Geraldo was in the olympics, skatin' for the gold
He did two sowchows and a triple lutz while wearing a blindfold
When Geraldo was in the alps, fighting grizzly bears
He used his magical fire breath and saved the maidens fair

So what would Geraldo do if were here today
I'm sure he'd kick an arse or two, that's what Geraldo'd do

When Geraldo traveled through time to the year 3010
He fought the evil robot king and saved the human race again
And when Geraldo built the pyramids, he beat up Kubla Kahn
'Cause Geraldo doesn't take **** from anybody

NO WATCH OUT GERALDO THOSE CHICKEN WINGS ARE REAALLY SPICY, dont eat those...
IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings
IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wingsIVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings

Cause thats what Geraldo'd do

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2005, 11:14:44 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
you used to be a squad of highly skilled gentlemen. It just seems to most that you expanded into a squad of highly skilled over self admiring gamers.

It's all tongue-n-cheek Bat. The BKs' are probably the most loosey-goosey squad in all of AH (outside of the 13th TAS). We are here to have fun, fight, and fight some more.

We take great pleasure in parody and scarcasm to poke the eyes of those who take this virtual pleasure we call Aces High way over the edge. I guess some can't see the forest thru the trees ... oh well.

Without some sarcastic balance ... this place would meltdown.

Glad to see  you back around here again Bat ... haven't run into you in the sky yet, but look forward to it.

S! slapshot, been a longitime since we shot at each other indeed.

its not that I dont get the parodoxical statee in which the BK live, but you have to remember that theres a comunity of thousands who are just seeing a load of guys that never let them enjoy their game.

when a few guys who have only been here a while gang on say, morpheus(more than capable of killing up to 4 on 1 at least), and he gets one but the other two shred him say, hows about they enjoyed it and fought hard and only just logged in and then get some spouting on ch200 or PM telling them they should learn to fly, they suck, gangers, hoers whatever......long sentence i realise. (morpheus this is an example not an accusation). Then these players are not going to think much of morpheus, and certainly not note that he was infact flying very well in unfair circumstances.

If this behaviour is the only output a player gives back to the community then he/she is infact nothing but a disruption to the majority and unlikely tp benifit anyone but themselves..

once again this is the voice of reason, and not something that gets to me personaly to much extent.

the joke you speak of is now a squad touching max-out, so the ripple is getting wider.

this all started when Levi seemed taken aback by animosity to the BK remember.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2005, 11:14:52 AM »
What would Geraldo do if he was here right now
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what Geraldo'd do

When Geraldo was in the olympics, skatin' for the gold
He did two sowchows and a triple lutz while wearing a blindfold
When Geraldo was in the alps, fighting grizzly bears
He used his magical fire breath and saved the maidens fair

So what would Geraldo do if were here today
I'm sure he'd kick an arse or two, that's what Geraldo'd do

When Geraldo traveled through time to the year 3010
He fought the evil robot king and saved the human race again
And when Geraldo built the pyramids, he beat up Kubla Kahn
'Cause Geraldo doesn't take **** from anybody

NO WATCH OUT GERALDO THOSE CHICKEN WINGS ARE REAALLY SPICY, dont eat those...
IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings
IVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wingsIVE never seen a man eat so many chicken wings

Cause thats what Geraldo'd do

:rofl :rofl :lol :lol :rofl :rofl

1 of teh best song edits eva!  :aok