Author Topic: Proof from HTC that Hispanos are accurate. plz dont ignore  (Read 8928 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Proof from HTC that Hispanos are accurate. plz dont ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2000, 09:04:00 PM »
yes you can torque i filmed one of thse fights 900yds you hit me good

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2000, 10:06:00 PM »
Every round lands somewhere.  

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
Umm, dunno if this has occured to anyone else but... Buerling may have been bsing or maybe he couldn't judge range too well. Any pilot in WWII could have said 'I got kills at 800+ yards', theres no proof though.

Didnt want to say it....But it occured to me. He was known to embelish a little.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Every round lands somewhere.    

They should Toad, but alas in AH they don't...
Fire hispanos straight down from 15,000ft and they never reach the ground... lol  range of them things is 5000yrds in RL

just sayin..

AKskurj

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2000, 12:13:00 AM »
Yanno, hard to believe the M-16 MGMC's opened up at over 4,000 yards. I've heard thats why it was so much more effective then the M-15a1, probablity of hitting was much higher.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2000, 03:02:00 AM »

How does the pilot know exactly what the range of his cannons/guns are? How does a pilot know how much to lead in virtually every situation? Is it cannon uberness or is it experience.

It's neither.... it's the fact that AH pilots have something real life WW2 pilots never had .... laser ranging eyeballs which can measure the distance to an enemy aircraft accurately to the YARD!

Long range deflection shooting becomes nothing more difficult than, "He's at 500yds, so I need to put his nose right on the edge of my gunsight".  No skill involved.

Get rid of the ranges inside 1000yds and you immediately bring the fights in closer.  Then all the argument regarding 'uber' guns etc becomes academic.

Think of this.  We have a Year 2000 game using the same icon system that was in use in AW back in 1985.

Introducing this game play killing joke of a fighter plane was a watershed event in my opinion and AH has not been better off since.

Hmmm I remember hearing almost exactly the same comments when the 4-cannon armed F4U-4 was introduced into Warbirds.

------------------
=357th Pony Express=
Aces High Training Corps

[This message has been edited by Jekyll (edited 12-20-2000).]

Pepino

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2000, 03:55:00 AM »
I second that Jeckill. Only I would extend that range up to 1.5 / 2k. I think that with an average puter, playability due to sight limitations only is an issue over 2-3k. Range finder should not exist within 1.5/2k.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2000, 04:37:00 AM »
Yeah, I remember what a mess was the WarBirds main arena when they brought the 4x20mm F4U-4. There were those blue monsters buzzing all around and spraying everything with cannon shells  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2000, 04:56:00 AM »
Gatt you say that like it's a bad thing, now where is the nice Sig of your?

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2000, 05:21:00 AM »
Torque,
promise me that you'll take me aboard for a ride when you get the 4x20mm F4U-4. Then I'll give my account data to AXE. And then we'll shoot down GATT in his spaghetti-camo C.205V  
You Pony Express stop shooting me down, its XMAS!  

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2000, 05:50:00 AM »
Hey those Sigs keep getting better, Heh ya it does look like spaghetti cheers. Merry Xmas

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Range icons...

here's my latest suggestion
range within 1k, just - if he's closing, + if the distance is widening
range over 1k
-<2  indicates a range of less than 2k,(greater than 1k o course) and that he is closing. +<3 indicates he is within 3k and range is increasing.  From my time in the MA at least I think the range icon must show to 5k.  Between 3 and 5k its real hard to tell (if at all) whether or not that bogey is closing. (17" monitor 1024 res 16bt colour)

jus an idea

AKskurj