Author Topic: Kerry's Latest Comments  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:07:32 PM »
I know the election is well over but I can't get over the fact that this guy ran as a vet being one of his selling points when has such a history of trashing our troops:

[referring to Joe Leberman's recent comments about real progress recently in Iraq.
Sen. KERRY: Let me--I--first of all, there is so much more that unites Democrats than divides us. And Democrats have much more in common with each other than they do with George Bush's policy right now. Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he's doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn't been working. We all believe him when you say, `Stay the course.' That's the president's policy, which hasn't been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

Now we're the terrorists....

Here's something from somone that's actually spent more than a few days there:

The danger American soldiers face on these raids is exacerbated by their great reluctance to use force when there are civilians around, compounded by the fact that there are children in nearly every home, including the homes of the insurgents. The average American soldier will do just about anything to avoid knowingly hurting a child, and will seldom even use flash-bangs (stun grenades) because of possible effects on children in the closed rooms.

Benjamin Morton is part of Recon's raiding patrol. He lives directly across from me on base. Everyone calls him "Rat" because he saves everything. Rat moves upstairs, training his rifle above him. Rat's the #1 man, in the most dangerous position. Two enemy men are hiding on the balcony, and one has an automatic weapon with a large drum of ammunition. As Rat comes round the corner, the insurgent sticks the weapon around the balcony corner and fires a long burst of about twenty rounds. Four bullets strike Ben Morton. His buddies come behind him and throw a flash-bang into the room, and return fire, catching a bed ablaze with tracers. They pull Rat out and call for medics. Despite everyone's valiant efforts, Benjamin Morton does not survive his wounds. Had they thrown grenades first, three women and four children would have died alongside the four men who were captured or killed that night. The men were elements of a car bomb cell.

I have participated in, perhaps, one hundred raids. I lost count long ago. In practically every Iraqi home, I have seen the Quran. Soldiers have been trained to leave the Quran alone. American soldiers rarely will even touch the green tome, they leave it where it sits, in special places in many homes. Nevertheless, one story—for which the magazine quickly apologized—spelled death.

Yet, against the wishes of the enemy, and even much of the media, somehow the Iraqis continue to progress. I am amazed at the strength of the Iraqi spirit. These people keep trying, and they love their children.

-Michael Yon

Look I dont want to start yet another why are we here arguments or wmd's but this is the kind of things we see from the left that I just don't understand.  This guy wants to beat republicans....OK I get it.  But at what cost?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 05:11:03 PM »
Context is good.... so what was the context of this quote?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 05:29:51 PM »
I thought only Janet Reno busted into people's houses at the dead of night to send a little boy back to a communist stronghold? (i.e. Elian Gonzales)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Context is good.... so what was the context of this quote?

Sorry, I should have posted the entire interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_120405.pdf

Here was the question.

SCHIEFFER: All right. Let me shift to another point of view, and it comes from another Democrat, Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut. He takes a very different view. He says basically we should stay the course because, he says, real progress is being made. He said this is a war between 27 million Iraqis who want freedom and 10,000 terrorists. He says we're in a watershed transformation. What about that?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 05:33:55 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
I thought only Janet Reno busted into people's houses at the dead of night to send a little boy back to a communist stronghold? (i.e. Elian Gonzales)

The little boy went back to his parent.

I thought the repubs were all about family values?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 06:31:46 PM »
Kerry is an stunninghunk, we know that, and he continues to prove it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 06:44:50 PM »
Here's a thought.

My sons AP Gov teacher Emailed him with this scary thought

"A glaring omission in presidential candidate viability predictions
was brought to my attention last night.

1968 - Richard Nixon, a who lost a very close presidential election
as the sitting VP to JFK and basically disappeared from 1962-1966,
made a historic comeback to win the White House against a teetering
Democratic Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and infighting.

2008 - Al Gore ( former VP),  after losing the closest presidential
election in history, disappeared somewhat from public view only to
re-emerge as the Democratic frontrunner to take the White House from
a Republican Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and
infighting.

If it hadn't been done already I wouldn't even consider it as a
possibility."
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 07:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Here's a thought.

My sons AP Gov teacher Emailed him with this scary thought

"A glaring omission in presidential candidate viability predictions
was brought to my attention last night.

1968 - Richard Nixon, a who lost a very close presidential election
as the sitting VP to JFK and basically disappeared from 1962-1966,
made a historic comeback to win the White House against a teetering
Democratic Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and infighting.

2008 - Al Gore ( former VP),  after losing the closest presidential
election in history, disappeared somewhat from public view only to
re-emerge as the Democratic frontrunner to take the White House from
a Republican Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and
infighting.

If it hadn't been done already I wouldn't even consider it as a
possibility."

for some unexplainable undocumented reason I think I could stomach a President Gore more than a President Kerry.

What I don't understand is this is nothing new for SOME democrats yet it's a perfectly exceptable thing to say.  Granted he's not directly calling our troops terrorists but ignoring a question and using it to insult our troops and try and take some kind of political jab here.

I mean look who their leadership likes to rub elbows with.

A great backround on "code pink" http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000463.htm
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:29:53 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
RE: The bolded statement
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

I dont know why you bolded this statement...Even bolded Red the "terrorizing".

Although I can see where your going. Bad Choice of Bolding. Every
Veteran I have talked too, Says this is what they do. And we do it because we have too. Regardless of religous customs, historical customs, women, children.

I know it doesnt sound good, but in reality that is what we do. Of course we do other things, but if you want to fight a counter insurgency, you have to break down a few doors, and nab suspects. Here in the states we operate the same way in our inner cities.

Its the only way to win a war like this, If you sit around and wait, you leave yourself open to attack. Maybe its a bad choice of words, But it is what it is.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »
I think he put it in bold to emphasize that the man is calling OUR troops the terrorists now.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 10:03:28 PM »
Kerry is a bad man.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: RE: The bolded statement
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 10:05:56 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

I dont know why you bolded this statement...Even bolded Red the "terrorizing".

Although I can see where your going. Bad Choice of Bolding. Every
Veteran I have talked too, Says this is what they do. And we do it because we have too. Regardless of religous customs, historical customs, women, children.

I know it doesnt sound good, but in reality that is what we do. Of course we do other things, but if you want to fight a counter insurgency, you have to break down a few doors, and nab suspects. Here in the states we operate the same way in our inner cities.

Its the only way to win a war like this, If you sit around and wait, you leave yourself open to attack. Maybe its a bad choice of words, But it is what it is.

You're wrong.  As much as we don't want to at times we are fighting the politically correct sensative war.  Read what I posted below that, it states the exact opposite.  Some times it's good to be culturally sensative but US troops put their buts on the line even more every day to prevent civilan/colateral casualties.  WE are the ones that make those pains, our enemys do not.  I know this because I've attended some of these classes.  I'm the one that once a year has to update my law of armed conflict and again Michael Yon who's spent 8+ months embeded with US troops documents this very well.  

Kerry makes a broad charaterization wich MIGHT represent the exception and definatly not the rule to take political jabs and I think it's wrong.

but what I THINK is even worse is that this type of talk on the left seems more and more to become the rule and not the exception.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:19 PM »
they sense weakness and are expoiting it for political gain.  When the time is right they will spring the trap and destroy the american military in Iraq.

Im not talking about terrorists here........
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 10:17:21 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
they sense weakness and are expoiting it for political gain.  When the time is right they will spring the trap and destroy the american military in Iraq.

Im not talking about terrorists here........

Yeager while it pains me to question the patriotism of our political leaders I really have to wonder what are they thinking?

And even more importanly how do they get away with this and who's side are they really on?  The troops are fighting Bush's war, a win in Iraq isn't a win for Bush, he's gone in a few years.  At what point will some of those that are beyond left of Kerry and Kennedy go because of their hatred of one president?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 10:45:54 PM »
The more I think about it, the madder I get.  Kerry would hang the US troops,  hand them over to the jihadist if it furthered his political ambitions, and some people were actually stupid enough to vote for that piece of chit.

I hope he gets some painful form of cancer.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"