Author Topic: Ann Coulter verbally assaulted in Connecticut university  (Read 1309 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Ann Coulter verbally assaulted in Connecticut university
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »
Originally posted by Sakai
"Max Cleland should stop allowing Democrats to portray him as a war hero who lost his limbs taking enemy fire on the battlefields of Vietnam," she writes, claiming that he "lost three limbs in an accident during a routine non-combat mission where he was about to drink beer with friends. He saw a grenade on the ground and picked it up. He could have done that at Fort Dix. In fact, Cleland could have dropped a grenade on his foot as a National Guardsman. ... Luckily for Cleland’s political career and current pomposity about Bush, he happened to do it while in Vietnam."

Oh, if only there was some large and possibly world wide database that one could search.

Let me know if you really need more.

;-)

Sakai

If she is right then she has a point.  

Either way, at their best these folks are no better than the worst of what they accuse her of.  Way to make a point:aok

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
The hatred campaigns are a specialty of the right, ...

never visited http://www.whywehatebush.com/
It's the first of the 21,800,000 hits google lists for "Hate Bush"

Yeah, lefties don't hate.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 12:14:26 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
"Meet the Press" is the only credible political talk show. All the others are pure garbage.

I agree.  I used to watch ABC's This Week but it got old watching Cokie Roberts and George Snuffalupogous talk over and interrupt people all of the time.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 12:15:14 PM »
On April 8, 1968, during the siege of Khe Sanh, he stepped off a helicopter and saw a grenade at his feet. He thought he'd dropped it. He was wrong. When he reached down to pick it up, it exploded, ripping off both legs and his right hand. He was 25.

Not quite how Coulter portrayed it.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
never visited http://www.whywehatebush.com/
It's the first of the 21,800,000 hits google lists for "Hate Bush"

Yeah, lefties don't hate.

Straw man argument, address the point at hand:  the GOP created the current political atmosphere of hatred and attack, they can't cry now.

I thought conservatives did not believe in moral relativism?  Oh well.  Odd how one week they espouse one belief, next week another yet it is always someone else's fault . . .

Like I said, I'll have my son count the embittered souls in 20 years.  I went through this with the right wing and Viet Nam, they were dead wrong then, they're dead wrong now.  And they're still crying wolf.
Why would anyone take guys like Hannity, Rove and the like seriously anymore?

Oh I forgot, 70% of the nation and the rest of the world doesn't.

But if we just click our heels together and say "There's no place like home . . ."

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 12:34:15 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
If she is right then she has a point.  

Either way, at their best these folks are no better than the worst of what they accuse her of.  Way to make a point:aok

According to Cleland's CO she is a damned liar.

Personally, I'll take the COs word over Ann Coulter's for what actually occurred in Viet Nam.  

I wouldn't let that stop certain folks from making excuses for Iron Annie though.  Me personally?  Never was one for thinking moral relativism was a cool creed to live by.

Peace out,

;-)

Sakai

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 12:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
See Rule #4, #5

speak for yourself , I'm not attracted by shemale.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 12:40:19 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 12:52:48 PM »
He normally screams at liberals who won't shut up or anyone (both sides) that is just spouting party talking points.

Obviously you don't watch his show often or you would know this.

And yes there is a time and a place for shouting someone down but it is not in a public forum when someone is paid to be there AND guest pay to hear her speak.

I don't think it was right when they did it to Hillary nor Ann.

It's funny  it almost always seems to be liberals who interrupt these forums. The more liberal they are the ruder they are.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 01:15:51 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that Ann Coulter is a *****.  I have come to this conclusion by reading her articles and listening to her speeches.  If people do not give her the opportunity to speak, they are not allowing themselves to opportunity to come to the same conclusion that I have. :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
It's funny  it almost always seems to be liberals who interrupt these forums. The more liberal they are the ruder they are.

As we said " il n'y a pas de pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir"
or if you prefer : "There are none so blind as they who will not see"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 01:33:54 PM »
Yelling over someone is a favorite tactic of many liberals who can not risk fact and reason being brought into an arguement against them.  James Carville is one of the very worst at this.  If he cant beat you with intelligence or fact, he just doesnt allow you to speak.  He is one snake headed horses ass.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005, 01:49:19 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Yelling over someone is a favorite tactic of many liberals who can not risk fact and reason being brought into an arguement against them.  James Carville is one of the very worst at this.  If he cant beat you with intelligence or fact, he just doesnt allow you to speak.  He is one snake headed horses ass.

Kind of like Sean Hannity.

But back to Coulter, she should have a thicker skin, she is nothing more than neocon Michael Moore.

They both stir the pot to sell more books or tickets and laff all the way to the bank, I'm sure they both take great delight in how easy it is to point and light thier respective non-thinking followers.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2005, 01:56:30 PM »
Straw man argument, address the point at hand:  the GOP created the current political atmosphere of hatred and attack, they can't cry now.

During the campaign of President Jackson personal attack was the order of the day, before the GOP existed.  

The political atmosphere of hatred and attack has been with us since and probably before the Roman Senate.

You criticize the right for hatred but give a pass on the left then call my post pointing that out as a straw man? Ignoring the facts is not a good tactic if you wish to learn the truth.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005, 02:03:31 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
During the campaign of President Jackson personal attack was the order of the day, before the GOP existed.  

The political atmosphere of hatred and attack has been with us since and probably before the Roman Senate.

You criticize the right for hatred but give a pass on the left then call my post pointing that out as a straw man? Ignoring the facts is not a good tactic if you wish to learn the truth.

No, and no one said that.

Also, there were lots of things people did two hundred years ago they don't do now--like own slaves so the Canard just keeps on growing doesn't it?

Sakai

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 02:08:26 PM »
That makes a lot of sense...:rolleyes:

I guess you didn't have an argument...