Author Topic: Ann Coulter verbally assaulted in Connecticut university  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ann Coulter verbally assaulted in Connecticut university
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
I have come to the conclusion that Ann Coulter is a *****.  I have come to this conclusion by reading her articles and listening to her speeches.  If people do not give her the opportunity to speak, they are not allowing themselves to opportunity to come to the same conclusion that I have. :D

I don't disagree with you.

The issue is should she or anyone be interupted by hecklers everytime they speak?

My thought is "No". If someone wants her to come speak she should be allowed to without interuptions. Same goes for Hillary or whom ever.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2005, 03:06:33 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
As we said " il n'y a pas de pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir"
or if you prefer : "There are none so blind as they who will not see"

Funny someone from France telling me I'm somehow missing something! Your country can't even tell when there is a riot going on.

As we say France "Home of the blind!" or if you prefer La France  "La terre de l'abat-jour !".
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2005, 03:19:28 PM »
Cannot resist a bit of country bashing ?

bahhh ... you're so weak I pity you.

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 03:21:14 PM »
One question....

When was the last time a Liberal had people arrested for protesting them, arrested for attending a speach where they talked/'protested' out of turn?

It's pretty easy to find republican examples.

Kettle, Meet Pot.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2005, 03:32:34 PM »
I guess some of you think it is alright for a few foolish liberals to drown out Coulter while ignoring the rights of all the others who paid to hear her speak?  So what if they paid money and wanted to hear her, whether they agreed with her or not?  If your a liberal, you get to decide and the heck with everyone else.

Typical arrogant pompousity of the left.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2005, 05:26:53 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
I don't disagree with you.

The issue is should she or anyone be interupted by hecklers everytime they speak?

My thought is "No". If someone wants her to come speak she should be allowed to without interuptions. Same goes for Hillary or whom ever.

I agree with you on this Mighty, but I will say I didn't mind the NYPD and FDNY shouting down Hillary.  I figured they earned that much.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2005, 05:30:03 PM »
Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
I agree with you on this Mighty, but I will say I didn't mind the NYPD and FDNY shouting down Hillary.  I figured they earned that much.

Well some would write that off as arrogant pomposity of the left.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
Originally posted by BluKitty
One question....

When was the last time a Liberal had people arrested for protesting them, arrested for attending a speach where they talked/'protested' out of turn?

It's pretty easy to find republican examples.

Kettle, Meet Pot.

OK...find republican examples. Link them. Show that the people detained were NOT trying to completely disrupt the event and were merely arrested for being there.

Here's one for the commies.....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40929

Charges were eventually dropped, and now the philly DA's office is being looked at for collusion with the gay organizations to illegally limit the public free speech of the Christians.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2005, 10:17:03 PM »
Here's one for the commies.....

Ahhh yes... my favorite conservitive response.  

If you dissagree, you're un-patriotic.
If you call attention to a mistake, you're un-American.
I could go on... But I'm waiting for the ghost of Joseph McCarthy to come by... he seems to be in the area  

:noid

Apparently this nation only belongs to people that go to the right church, voted for Bush, and never ever ever listen to the opinions of the 5 Billion other residents of this planet.

Talk about arrogance... :rolleyes:

My friends on the Right... I know there are a million things we progressives do that drive you nuts... like advocate for workers rights (enjoy your weekend off by the way), defend civil liberties (The ACLU even defends the 2nd Amendment...who knew?), and lead the free world to victory in the largest conflict in human history (Thank you Presidents Roosevelt and Truman) all while developing a social insurance program that has kept millions of senior citizens from abject poverty...(what a bunch of commies)

But please... for the love of God (or for the love of the higher power of your choice... or for all you athiests out there - whatever it is you hold dear... spoken like the good progressive that I am :rofl ) ... stop attacking us by questioning our love and devotion to our country just because you don't like what we're saying or you can't come up with a decent rebuke.  Its as infuriating as it is pathetic.

Now...back to what this thread was about.
It was wrong for those students to drown out Ann...  she should have been allowed to speak.  If they wanted to protest her, they should have done it without cramming it down the throats of those who paid to hear her.  She has a right to speak her mind... and I think the ACLU would agree with me on that one... :aok

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2005, 10:30:32 PM »
Originally posted by gnubee
Talk about arrogance... :rolleyes:

My friends on the Right... I know there are a million things we progressives do that drive you nuts... and lead the free world to victory in the largest conflict in human history (Thank you Presidents Roosevelt and Truman)

You left out Churchill...  he was a member of the Conservatives and I believe had something to do with wartime leadership.

And while not leading the free world, Stalin and his country certainly carried the brunt of the european war for the first three or four years.

I think there may be enough arrogance to go around.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2005, 10:52:23 PM »
Progressives...I love that word, for never was there a word that was so erroneously applied to a group of people. There's nothing progressive about "progressives". Instead, they want to revert to the failed ideas of the past.

And if you don't like "commies", how about just "communist", you know, like a great number of your political action groups like ANSWER?

And as far as this nation, it belongs to, and is responsible to, the citizens of this country, not to the "other 5 billion" people. For someone to think that this country owes to the rest of the world simply because it is rich and successful is in itself the height of arrogance and presumption. How dare you take whats mine and offer it to somone else?

I won;t question your love of country, but I ask that you think of your country before you think of the rest of the world.

Finally, I ask that the "progressives" live up to their high ideas about free speech, and alllow conservatives to speak, especially where its most needed, in that bastion of politically correct progressive thought, the American higher education system. (to return to the original point of the thread)
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2005, 10:53:03 PM »
Wow.  You folks do realize that this happened at a university, right?  That this was likely done by a bunch of students who are young and prone to doing whacky stuff without thinking?  What percentage of the disrupters do y'all suppose really care about Ann Coulter one way or the other?  ...or knew who Ann Coulter was before her visit was scheduled?  ...or even heard the name Ann Coulter before?

OK, I understand that a lot of you are looking hard for anything to justify your intense hatred of "the other side", but maybe you're just getting worked up over nothing here.  Don't worry though, this doesn't mean that you're wrong about the [democrats/conservatives/liberals/republicans] (circle one or more of your choosing) being evil and hating America, Mom, Apple Pie, and Jared from Subway...you're absolutely right about that.  So, soldier on!

:noid
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2005, 10:54:12 PM »
Well, I think everybody hates Jared, so no conflict there :)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2005, 11:02:28 PM »
I hate you, SOB.

Hey what is in Neapolitans grave?  Old ice cream or a bunch of people from Naples?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!