Author Topic: Texas 41 -USC 38  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »
AAHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAA!!!

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »
:rofl

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:02:36 AM »
YES!!! :D

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 12:38:06 AM »
what is up with leinart!  WHY WOULD HE HOLD ON TO THE BALL THAT LONG!  He knew there was 8 seconds on the clock and he ***** footed around! yeah he was looking for the end zone, but damn man....NFL coaches/players will never tolerate watermelon like that

PS-  anyone ever notice reggie bush always seems to be "jumping" into the end zone lol
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 12:40:15 AM »
USC still has the far better team.

There were some dumb plays along with some totally inexcusable held penalty calls on Texas' side.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 12:58:04 AM »
Originally posted by Fruda

There were some dumb plays along with some totally inexcusable held penalty calls on Texas' side.

I wouldnt say far better team but there is some truth to this.  Texas's second touchdown should have never been.  The guy's knee was clearly down.  Either way they won.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 01:43:03 AM »

BS, Texas was the better team, and they proved it. The Texas defense had to face multiple threats, the USC defense had to stop Vince Young, one guy, and they couldn't do it. The guy was a one man show, rushing for 200 yards, passing for 267 and scoring 3TD's. What a great performance, incredible. Tell me his draft stock didn't just skyrocket, he just made millions.

They were interviewing Leinhart as he walked off the field, not sure what he said exactly, but it was something like this "he was great, that's why he's the best quarterback in the nation"
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 02:00:58 AM »

And thats why they won............. oh wait.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 02:02:49 AM »
I think both teams seemed pretty equal. Could not ask for a better game.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 02:20:14 AM »
Originally posted by cav58d
what is up with leinart!  WHY WOULD HE HOLD ON TO THE BALL THAT LONG!  He knew there was 8 seconds on the clock and he ***** footed around! yeah he was looking for the end zone, but damn man....NFL coaches/players will never tolerate watermelon like that...

The NBA has tolerated Chris Webber for 12 years

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 02:22:39 AM »
There were bad calls on both sides, but to blame the officials and discount the TD is ridiculous.  Young had gotten the first down.  Who's to say that Texas wouldn't have scored on the very next play?  

It was a great game between two great teams, incredible to watch.  Congratulations Texas!

BTW, i saw the interview with Leinart afterwards.  His comment was that USC was still the better team, Texas just made the plays.  :rolleyes:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 02:42:24 AM »
Originally posted by Cougar68
BTW, i saw the interview with Leinart afterwards.  His comment was that USC was still the better team, Texas just made the plays.  :rolleyes:

I thought that was rather piss poor, but who likes to lose? Was a great game and Im damn glad I saw it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Don't Mess With Texas!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 05:57:37 AM »
awesome game

this one and the Orange Bowl are the way bowls should be
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 06:47:25 AM »
Coaching 101:  Final Exam:  Essay

Scenario:  Your team is engaged in a bowl game with the national title on the line.  You have the ball on the opposition's 45 yard line with less than two minutes to go in the ball game.  It is fourth and one.  The enemy quarterback was a viable Heisman Trophy candidate during the regular season, and he has ripped your team's defense for more than 500 yards during the game.

The options available to you, the coach, are to punt the ball and try to pin your opponent deep, or to go for it on fourth and one and risk turning the ball over to a dangerous quarterback in the middle of the field.

What decision should you make?  Justify your actions.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Texas 41 -USC 38
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 07:02:30 AM »
I don't blame the USC coach for going for it, and trying to keep the ball out of Youngs hands. I thought Mac Brown should had gone for a couple of 4th downs in the 3rd, and 4th quarters when they were in USC territory to try and keep USC's offense off the field .When USC  was scoring every time they had possesion.  Instead he got missed FG's.  USC was not going for the pin, they were going for the win. Another foot, and it would have been called  brilliant, and gutsy coaching. A great game.

Hook Em Horns:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV