Author Topic: F-86 & Mig-15  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« on: January 07, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »
Bring them to Aces High release them in the MA and charge 600 perks for both.

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »
Er, no.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:08:49 PM »
Whaaaaaay?

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
mic15
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »
yes bring em on,,,,but give the GVs stingers.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »
Since when did they have stinger missiles in Korea?

I think they would need to put up some efffective ack,although the  88s we have in game right now are as effective as shooting down  slower prop planes  as they are a 262.(Believe you me I've been shot down a plenty by 88s)

I just think it would add something diffrent to the MA if we had some MiG or sabres streaking by a t 600mph    and at 30k. It would give the  Hi alt  Strat nazis something to think about. That and that  plane set would be much more balanced , there is  more info about the Korean Era Jets available since there are a couple of samples restored and flying,and some were captured and flown by the US in good flying condition,not captured damaged samples like those that were captured after the end of WW2 in  less than desirable conditions, with ground crews that were unfamiliar with  the  mechanics employed by the Germans.

IMHO it would give the MA something different, and heck it'd be fun just to fly in a Sabre against ww2 planes, that and  give use to the people that have been saiving perks for the past couple of years with nothing to use them for, at 500 or 600   a pop if you get shot down well  it would detract from the over all perk savings account people have in AH as of right now.

The plane  set would be much more balanced since there's nothing about hey this side lost or whatever , actually since Korea was a stalemate that ended right back where both sides started. Neither side suffered too much from quality control issues, because both of the respectives companies that made these aircraft  were well away from harms way.

So how about it a MiG-15 and an F-86A. If they're too uber put in the random factor of having a flameout in take off or landing, to limit their use :D

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Post-War Jets?
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »
F86 & Mig 15?  How about we do the WW II jets first - there are plenty we don't have yet:

Gloster Meteor G.41 - operational July 44
Lockheed P80 - operational Jan 45
Heinkel He162 - deliveries began in Feb 45, but supply shortages hampered elevation to operational status.

Try those 3 on for size first - even perked, these would be fun to fly, and they shouldn't unbalace the arena TOO much.  

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
Since when did they have stinger missiles in Korea?

Since when did they have Sabers & MIG-15's in World War II?

AH is a WW2 sim last time I checked.

I think we have enough holes in the plane-sets that need filled first before we start looking at Jets.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »
When HTC starts adding some jets if they ever do it won't be for a while and the P-80 would be before the F-86 or Mig-15.
http://www.aviation-history.com/lockheed/p80.html
:aok

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
Add them too , but add both of those as well albeit at a later time. I do not care Just bring more Jets to AH. and AH isn't a WWII but a Game that recreates ww2 planes in a Ahistorical arena.

Offline the Lazy ace

• Zinc Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 06:51:45 PM »
you can complain all you want, but like Jester said they aint gonna do it.

-guns dont kill people, the goverment does

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »
How many times will people ask for Korea era planes.

Ive lost count around million times...anyone got the latest number?

This is a WW2 flight sim and will stay a WW2 flight sim.

Just to go about other WW2 jets needed to be added all we need is the gloster meteor for people like me that couldnt hit a broadside of a barn with 30mms.
The p80 is too much of a POS to be added.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »
I 'm saying it would add somethign different to the MA and it would be nice to spend some perks in something :D

And I'm not complaining I'm just saying there is a fan base to be added it would be great if they would add those :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 02:38:44 AM »
Originally posted by Glasses
Bring them to Aces High release them in the MA and charge 600 perks for both.

Thumbs down on them being in the MA.

Big thumbs up on having a Korea era arena. It would go over rather big I think.:aok

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 03:56:10 PM »
< punties>

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Thumbs down on them being in the MA.

Big thumbs up on having a Korea era arena. It would go over rather big I think.:aok

I would agree. AND they could use it as an excuse to add some of the 'too late to play' and 'just missed the war' crowd. Like the Bearcat, or the Skyraider (mmmm, Skyraider *drool*). And then there are mutants like the Twin Mustang that would be too fun not to add. And lets not forget the AC-47, AKA 'Puff the Magic Dragon', with it's side-firing vulcans for all your ground attack needs :D
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)