Author Topic: F-86 & Mig-15  (Read 6050 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: F-86 & Mig-15
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
Okay, relevant to the question, how does the MA have "absolutely nothing" to do with historical accuracy?  Hasn't HTC strived to maintain a historical plane set within WWII?  I'm not saying all fights in the MA are historically accurate but am I wrong in saying the planes in the MA flew in WWII?

This might be getting a little off-topic though because I believe Glasses isn't proposing we have Korean-era jets fly in the MA, right?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »

You're wanting a small staff with limited resources to cover the history of flight from Kitty Hawk to Iraq to satisfy some inner need to say "oooh cool"...has nothing to do with consideration for HTC's business model, practices or monetary gain.

You're saying things I have not. I don't care about modern types as it would be contrary to the essence of AH which is essentially high performance aircraft before the introduction of A-A missiles, where it was men maneuvering to get to an advantageous point where they could get a guns kill(basically )  . The Korean Era is in fact,at least for the early part, in the spirit of such fights, encounters, etc. If we went about "oooh cool" then why don't we play  using wire frames  from 1992.

It takes nothing to ask and consider it for a later time if time is available, just like the 4 WW1 planes we have although the  Korean Era Jets would be  much more complicated but I'm sure the team can do it, as they have before on other aircraft.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:06:18 PM by Glasses »

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »
Okay, relevant to the question, how does the MA have "absolutely nothing" to do with historical accuracy?  Hasn't HTC strived to maintain a historical plane set within WWII?  I'm not saying all fights in the MA are historically accurate but am I wrong in saying the planes in the MA flew in WWII?

This might be getting a little off-topic though because I believe Glasses isn't proposing we have Korean-era jets fly in the MA, right?

Yes I'm proposing just that but in a segregated arena.

The plane set itself can be considered "accurate" but the engagements, settings, and countries are not.  As Ack-Ack has said.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 03:18:27 PM »
That's not what you said before.

Just make a smaller arena 50 max players all aircraft from WW1 to Korean Era.

Considering the home page for AH has a big picture of an F4U with the words "Welcome to the Internets Premier WWII Combat Experience"...it is a WW2 game.
Again this is not a WW2 Game , but a game that has WW2  planes,and WW1 planes as well mind you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
That's not what you said before.

WWII Combat Experience"...it is a WW2 game.

Experience as it is inspired by ww2 using the aircraft of the era  not historical WW2 engagements, settings, countries.

You want a WW2 Game play WW2OL. Axis vs Allies the game itself and the in game arena.

Then why would we have a WW1 plane set. Shouldn't it have been  just ww2 planes. Strictly, so not ever straying from that.

The good thing about being human is that you can correct yourself and or provide ideas on how to implement it in the first place something I didn't do when the thread was first made waaaaay back when.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:35:23 PM by Glasses »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
The good thing about being human is that you can correct yourself and or provide ideas on how to implement it in the first place something I didn't do when the thread was first made waaaaay back when.
I noticed...hence the reason I'm jumping on your idea so bad.  :lol

I grew up building models of Korean and Vietnam era jets...always thought it would be great to play a combat flight sim with those aircraft in them...so I'm not completely against the idea...but I would rather see a more complete set of WWII era aircraft.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:20 PM »
I noticed...hence the reason I'm jumping on your idea so bad.  :lol

I grew up building models of Korean and Vietnam era jets...always thought it would be great to play a combat flight sim with those aircraft in them...so I'm not completely against the idea...but I would rather see a more complete set of WWII era aircraft.

Fair enough.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 03:40:38 PM »
NO DAME!!! IT'S WORLD WAR II!!! :furious :furious
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »
Bring them to Aces High release them in the MA and charge 600 perks for both.
Fail
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »
Fail

By the way when I originally posted this there was only one Main Arena.  Thus why I now consider it would be better to just have one arena like the MA with entire plane set be playable with flexible numbers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:46:34 PM by Glasses »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
Would I enjoy flying Korean era jets made by HTC? Definitely.

Would I fly in a Korean arena? Probably much more than I am in the WWI arena now.

Is it the right time for HTC to create them? I don't think so, there is plenty of work that can be done on the WWII MA now.  It seems like a never ending job however, given that the game is constantly changing and improving.

Ever? Who knows.  Soon? No
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52:42 PM »
Chuck Norris Roundhouse kick.

>In b4 welcome to 2007<

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »
Bring them to Aces High release them in the MA and charge 600 perks for both.

Well Yeah but no perks and and only available in a Korean War arena.  Heck, even one of my grandsons (6years old) , knows that the F-86 and Mig 15 weren't around in WWII.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 03:19:10 AM »
-1 would have the same amount of people in it as WWI and there are MANY other games out there with these planes
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
-1 would have the same amount of people in it as WWI and there are MANY other games out there with these planes

You don't know that really. No, there aren't many games with Korean era Jets right now,most are extremely old.

To the other person read the entire thread second page forward.

"They weren't DOUBLYA DOUBLYA  Tweeow" Has been addressed already.