Author Topic: US bashers  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
US bashers
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
I don't know of a single person that I deployed with that assumed a foreign nation would take American dollars.  I do know that upon occasion, with high dollar purchases, the request was made.  Usually, though, a visa card would suffice.

BTW, I'm quite suprised that military personel in Amsterdam were in dress blues.  Usually, those areas are civilian attire only even for those stationed there.

AKDejaVu

DejaVu,
The were here  for a "Tops in Blue" show, which I agree with you, they travel enough that they should know better.

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a UNIX user to show you how it's done."

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 01-26-2001).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
US bashers
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »

OH and BTW the U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on prettythangholes .. I see them all the time here (college town)

Quack  

Dude.. you live in Eugene.  THEY are talking about YOU

AKDejaVu
-The only thing worse than the dislike between Euros and the US is the dislike between people from Portland and hippies from Eugene (Oh.. except maybe the French/British relationship... they do have history on their side)

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
OK your beloved German engine had to be completely remanufactured after every 20 hours of flight, I don't think the P/F-80 had that same problem, in ww2 we supplied the Russians with p39s, the British, we leased them P-51s, and I cant remember when this started but the all mighty luftwaffe still flys f4 phantoms, the I.A.F. flys our F-15s and F-16, japan has an order with Boeing for a 767-200 awacs, and they fly a number of U.S. fighters. Thewobble, I totally agree with you man, there is not a single other country with stealth technology. and I hate to remind you all of this one,..................................... IT WAS A AMERICAN WHO WROTE THIS GAME YOU ALL LOVE SO MUCH. hahahaha

------------------

[This message has been edited by jato757 (edited 01-26-2001).]

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
jato! LET US SMILE AS WE BURN SIDE BY SIDE ON THE FLAMING CROSSES!!!

crosses will probably be made in america aswell  

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
I just got around to reading this thread, and am posting a reply to a MUCH earlier post:

Someone said that Americans are arrrogant because we call ourselves "Americans".

What else can we call ourselves?  "Citizen of the United States of America" doesn't abbreviate too well and is awfully long to say.  And, if we used the particular state we live in to identify ourselves, things would get confusing pretty fast.

"America" might include more countries than the USA; however, the USA is the only one with "America" in its name.   The residents of Mexico or Brazil or Argentina or El Salvador don't NEED to use "America" when identifying themselves.

But, what else can those of us from the USA call ourselves?   I don't think we call ourselves "American" out of arrogance, but out of lack of a better term.  

But I DO see how it sure LOOKS like arrogance, especially in the impersonal world of the INTERNET.

J_A_B

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
C'mon Jab, you know as well as everyone that if Americans were held to a standard that wasn't attainable by anyone but god that just wouldn't be fair.  We cannot speak without being arrogant or stupid, and of course silly we cannot defend ourselves against the Eurofunk because then it would be US who are bashing them, and god knows that saying something about them make you a racist bigot pig.. come on man get with the program, you are making the rest of us idiot arrogant pigs look worse.

Offline Jack55

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
Americans = USA?

Well lets look at another example:
The United States of Mexico.

Does anyone have a problem with calling citizens of that nation Mexicans, or informally calling the nation Mexico. I doubt it.

There is a North America, a South America, and a Central America.  When it is just America, then that is the USA. When the whole North and South American land mass starts to be refered to as America then there may be an issue.  

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
Thats a missprint in my "from" column , its
Bluegene , Oregon ...
damn Portland crack heads  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
Heheh, the Swedes and French beat the US with having a 4th generation jet fighter out in operational units  .

Helmet mounted sights, thrust vectoring on short range missiles, IR targetting system, inexpensive space launches. The US is doing very well, but it ain't the best at everything. "Just" a lot.

Good thing yanks got the F-22, or they'd get some serious spanking as the Russians start exporting their latest aircraft.

Now I am gonna see if i can spot more of those American F-16's flying in formation; saw a flight of four doing low level exercises yesterday. Woodie time  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
US bashers
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »

Know that whole AIM 9X hoopla ? Thrust vectoring air to air missile ? Russians had it operational for over 10 years now  

Hoopla is it..

Who was it that designed the first AIM-9 again?  

The 50's were the Hay-Day for American design and enginuity.  SR-71, AIM-9, U-2, Flying Wing... just some fricking incredible things.

AKDejaVu

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2001, 09:18:00 PM »
the russians couldent even make a decent long range bomber capable of carrying a nuke, they had to STEAL 2 american b-29's and just made clones of them.

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2001, 09:24:00 PM »
Also, you can have all the thrust vectoring missles ya want (if they exist) but they wont hit a damn thing if they cant see it, I.E. stealth.  Why would we need those missles, we already have the best pilots, best planes and best intel system, on a side note I cant find any mention of thrust vectoring missles anywhere on the net.  But if they do exist im sure we have them..or something better.

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2001, 09:41:00 PM »
oh yea forgot about all them, hahahahahahaha

------------------

jato757

US bashers
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2001, 09:52:00 PM »
hey guys look at this, in the center good old American technology, in the background leaving contrails, Im sure you know, hehehe P.s. the bird is safely cruzin away at 300,000 feet, that is cool

------------------

[This message has been edited by jato757 (edited 01-28-2001).]

Offline Quiet109

• Zinc Member
      • http://...changing...
US bashers
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2001, 11:34:00 PM »
Ohhhhhh BOY!!!
That one's a hotty!

I agree with both Wobble and JATO...

If it's war you want....