Author Topic: Crump banned?? WHY  (Read 7102 times)

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:18 AM »
It would be really nice to know why was Crump banned from the forum. He was the guy that always backed up his opinion with HARD DATA. With proof.  

The guy was a FW-190 archive. :( :(  You could learn so much from his posts.

This is sad. :cry :cry :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:03:46 PM by JAWS2003 »

Offline Timofei

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »
He questioned the basic professional integrity and honesty of HTC.

And the "proof" can be debated as well. "Weird science" i would say.
Good riddance.
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred herewith."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »
Crump does have a large source of data to draw from.  No denying it.

However when someone continually makes personal or derogatory remarks towards members of a community, it becomes in the best interest of the community to part company with that person.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline HoHun

• Gold Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:01:03 PM »
Hi Skuzzy,

>However when someone continually makes personal or derogatory remarks towards members of a community, it becomes in the best interest of the community to part company with that person.

Good policy! I only regret it wasn't in place yet back when I was at the receiving end of personal and derogatory remarks.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
These are obviously HTC laws and we accept them when we subscribe. But honestly, there are a bunch of vocal player well skilled and used in attacking, hijiacking threads and offending others. Probably in a more subtle way but not less disturbing and annoying for educated people. Just a blind moderator cannot spot them. I'd like to see them banned as well. I dont like double standards. Sad.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:21:57 PM by gatt »
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »
Too bad , his 3D equations and his radio discution with Bruno where very entertaining.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »
"However when someone continually makes personal or derogatory remarks towards members of a community, it becomes in the best interest of the community to part company with that person."

I have seen this cleansing happen in WW2OL boards, too.

It only results in making the discussion and critique continue on other boards and I'm sure it is not very good advertising when it happens elsewhere than here, not forgetting the message it sends to potential customers on other boards about how HTC handles critique.

:aok

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 03:26:49 PM »
I think in Crumpp's case is was more about his frustration at seeing nothing change even when he presented hard data. And when dealing with people at a distance it's very easy to assume there are reasons beyond simple resource allocation why some things never seem to get fixed.

Unforunately, this is one of those cases where the Cone of Silence about ongoing development makes it look like HTC doesn't give a damn about issues that players are complaining about ... for a long time. And that leads to frustration for people like Crumpp, who finally let it get ahead of him and said things he shouldn't, and under other circumstances probably wouldn't.

-DoK (... always the voice of reason ... riiiiight ...)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »
Can't say I all broke up about it.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I think in Crumpp's case is was more about his frustration at seeing nothing change even when he presented hard data. And when dealing with people at a distance it's very easy to assume there are reasons beyond simple resource allocation why some things never seem to get fixed.

Unforunately, this is one of those cases where the Cone of Silence about ongoing development makes it look like HTC doesn't give a damn about issues that players are complaining about ... for a long time. And that leads to frustration for people like Crumpp, who finally let it get ahead of him and said things he shouldn't, and under other circumstances probably wouldn't.

-DoK (... always the voice of reason ... riiiiight ...)

:O :eek: :confused: :huh

Who are you and what have you done with the Master of Darkness.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »
Originally posted by Charge
"However when someone continually makes personal or derogatory remarks towards members of a community, it becomes in the best interest of the community to part company with that person."

I have seen this cleansing happen in WW2OL boards, too.

It only results in making the discussion and critique continue on other boards and I'm sure it is not very good advertising when it happens elsewhere than here, not forgetting the message it sends to potential customers on other boards about how HTC handles critique.

:aok

-C+
I have no problem with someone going to another board to complain how they were not allowed to abuse members of our community and got booted for it.  I rather hope they do.

It has nothing to do with being critiqued.  Check what I said.  There is a big difference between crtiquing someone and being flat out abusive or derogatory, especially after being asked not to do it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »
Too bad , his 3D equations and his radio discution with Bruno where very entertaining.

Thanks, I am glad some one enjoyed it...

The only LW plane that really needs fixing in AH is the G-14. Information was posted 2 months ago in the bug forum after testing by me and others that showed the G-14 to be underperforming.

Here's is the bug thread dated 11-15-2005:

Fth - 109g-14  

If the squeaky wheel gets you banned what's it take to get the G-14 fixed? Bribery..? :p

I don't get along with Crumpp or even like him but his banning seemed out of left field considering the conduct of some of the 'teachers pets' on this forum. They just get 'moderated' a lot rather then banned out right...

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »
In some ways it's too bad that he won't be posting here anymore, as he somtimes had some very interesting docs and info, and I had some good discussions with him.

But on the other hand, I can't say I'll miss the "dark side" of his personality:

Originally posted by Crumpp
I am not posting the documentation I have on these boards nor do care what "history" gamers present.  If it takes more than a few minutes of my time, it is not worth a reply on these boards.

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 04:13:52 PM »
Again, whats sad is that a medium BUT CONTNUOUS level of harassing is well tolerated by moderators. The single (well perhaps not single) burst by tired harassed people is instantly hit by a ban.

I remenber a thread where ppl who prefer to rtb were considered almost as idiots by a crowd of low professionist furballers of the "take-off, fly in circles, shoot, bite your own tail, die and take off again".

In my humble opinion it is not  a matter of thick skin. When threads degenerate freely in that way with such stoopid theories carried as the new laws of dogfight it means two things: "AH is the kingdom of the quake dogfight with moderators supporting harassers and indirectly those theories".    

Ah, where are DocDoom, Vigilante and all those old masters of the theory and practice of the best online fighting styles? :huh
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Crump banned?? WHY
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 04:37:35 PM »
Gatt: Do not confuse the ablilty and time to handle every instance (we do not ever have enof) with the desire to keep the fourm civil.

Also eveyone here is in MY house. Make absoulutly no mistake about that.

There is a difference between two guest getting into an agument in my house vs a guest impuning my integrity to everone else in my house.

I have to live here. But I do get to choose who is a guest or not.

HiTech