Author Topic: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns  (Read 3346 times)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »
I think that very few people would support a true "furball only" style of arena

Have you counted all the crybaby furballer's lately?The idea would so work.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
You speaketh factually my dear friend. :aok
Present example is Trinity. Since it started in the rotation late last week, Nit and Rook pounded the dog **** outa Bish... Fri, Sat, and Sun. Monday rolls along and Bish Hoard take much of our Default bases back and Nit/Rook cry foul. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Everyone here know good and well that in the big picture it's actually pretty well balanced out in the long haul. This is a WAR of sorts and to have balance in the long haul is the best that can be expected. PS...i only started feeling this way over the last two weeks when Bish finally got off their Butts and started working TOGETHER as a team again. (It wont last) :D

Maybe when bish actually stand up to fight rooks.  Last 2 nights, bish have not stood up to fight and rooks walk right on in and only thing bish do is pork troops. BORING.

So I think why not maybe knights will stand up for themselves and fight.  NOPE, just more time spent BORING myself. :mad:

Doesnt seem that anyone wants to fight these days, just pork.  Not sure if its the area or what, because when bish had 5 and 4 the fights were great.  Now its like a barren wasteland with no activity.  I have seen many times on this map where there have been great furballs.  Just seems that bish and knights dont like to fight rooks and just pork troops to keep anything from happening. Just once need a fight to stay going for more then a few minutes.  :furious
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:02:52 PM by Hoarach »
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »
Horach - you should just say:

"we rooks need the bish to keep upping from the feild so we can vulch... we got a 50 person line and were sick of waiting our turn to run down the runway."

223 didnt fall did it.....?

Even Stang was laughing at you guys in the vulching horde.

BTW the way - your little angry smilies are really funny....lol

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2006, 03:01:50 PM »
Dont get me wrong waffle I was laughing at the rooks as well.  While I went off to fight knights, as trying to see a fight with the bish to get big was pointless and a waste of time.  I see 2 hours later, they still didnt take it.  I said on country channel how long will it take you guys to take an undefended base.

If its going be a race to who can get the vulch I just go home even if I have a fully loaded 38.  But if they are upping quite a bit and are getting off the ground and are able to fight, then I will vulch especially if all the rooks die and im the only one there which happens a lot.  I will vulch dweebfires and lgays first as they pose the biggest threat when they get off the ground as they can get E fast.

But if there are plenty of rooks in the area and there are many upping I will wait for them to leave the airfield and fight.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »
:rolleyes: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHH

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2006, 03:05:38 PM »
Mars01: I feel a flight exchange comming up, thats about 20 mins from my airport 52F. Also great breakfast spot about 10 miles from there 3T0 .
Yeah no doubt about it.  If I get to nationals (fingers crossed) consider it done!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »
Originally posted by Hoarach
Maybe when bish actually stand up to fight rooks.  Last 2 nights, bish have not stood up to fight and rooks walk right on in and only thing bish do is pork troops. BORING.

So I think why not maybe knights will stand up for themselves and fight.  NOPE, just more time spent BORING myself. :mad:

Doesnt seem that anyone wants to fight these days, just pork.  Not sure if its the area or what, because when bish had 5 and 4 the fights were great.  Now its like a barren wasteland with no activity.  I have seen many times on this map where there have been great furballs.  Just seems that bish and knights dont like to fight rooks and just pork troops to keep anything from happening. :mad:

"Last 2 nights, bish have not stood up to fight and rooks walk right on in and only thing bish do is pork troops. BORING."
Thats because we had 85% of our force defending against the Nits mega hoard and even then we were ounnumbered on Nit front. We would put up a defense and they would NOE another base. We only had a few to spare to defend the back dooring opportunistic Rooks. ;)

And you are either Blind or just Plain full of chit. Not only did Bish Stand up and fight.. We also took many bases from Nits (IN THEIR FACE!) And we took 244 all while defending against the back dooring Crooks...err Rooks :rofl
The defense at 223 wasnt enough for you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
God...theres nothing wrong with discussion..but this total BS fabrication has got to stop.:rofl
And another thing.. What about Friday when Rooks NOEd 3 bases 221 , 219 and 217 from Bish..and Bish took them right back Above dar and in You Face?
Your memory is very selective indeed. Oh yeah...i almost forgot 218. Kev367th had it correct.
 Talk to the Hand.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:27:06 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2006, 03:45:31 PM »
Oh hey LOOK! Rooks being tough with another NOE to 219 as i type this reply. :rofl
Maybe you need to be discusing this with your own countrymen Horach?
We Bish have been fighting hard with Rooks for the last 4 hrs between 216 and 244. Now Rooks decide they will NOE 219. Its all the same no matter where Horach.  Its just too bad Film wont display Dar or the clipboard. I would love to post film of the Mighty fighting Rooks. errr Ducks :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:52:27 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Have you counted all the crybaby furballer's lately?The idea would so work.

I think that anytime you highly specialize an arena it sort of kills itself off after a few days.  AW tried it...didn't work, the other arenas in AH are dead at least part of the time too.  The MA allows for many varied styles of play and you can switch styles of gameplay easily from flight to flight.  This draws a crowd which then serves to draw that much more folks, since they are here to battle other people and not A.I.  Besides I'm not sure that there are that many true "furballers" out there who want to furball exclusively.    

I'm not really seeing that many "crybaby furballers" either to be honest.  This thread really started as "Please stop killing the fh/gv hangers in FT/TT".  Which really isn't crying...it sounds like a reasonable request as there are other alternatives available (with much more effective results unless the desired result is to disrupt others).

Zaphod

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:09 PM »
[SIZE=8]STOP [/SIZE][SIZE=8]GLOBAL WHINING[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Give peace a chance :aok

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »
Mugzee I have asked on country what the point of killing the FHs at a perfectly good fight is.  I was told to STFU and help the war effort.  Then someone said how much paypal I would take to leave the rooks.  Just cause I dont like taking bases and porking everything doesnt mean I have to go along with it.

I refuse to help buffs and just watch them get torn up by the man enemy planes in the area.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
LOLH Zaphod,

I thought it would have been clear enough for our thick headed friend from your last post.  You explained it quite well.  It seems there is no getting through to Autogranite.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:22 PM »
Happy1...

Thanks for the clear, concise and informative post. :rofl

Zap...

You deserve a cookie....good post. :)

Hoara...

Take the money and come fly with me. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy

Hoara...

Take the money and come fly with me. :D

Only if you take a shower first.  :p
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »
The MA allows for many varied styles of play and you can switch styles of gameplay easily from flight to flight

Then where's the problem?Low and behold someone takes out the  Fighter hangers then you can't vulch,oh what are we to ever do.Or: 6 on 1 fight and all 6 are HOing the 1 plane so intent on getting thier name up in lightz.

Really sad is what it is.That is why i continue to bomb fighter hangers in FT.

I knew the DA woouldn't sound appealing too you seeing as how that would be a fair furball oppurtunity and no chance of anyone being outnumbered.