Author Topic: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns  (Read 3344 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2006, 12:02:52 PM »
Until these changes are implimented I think it would lower your stress level to come to Texas and give me some airtime in your Pitts. Just trying to help yaknow.
LOL Jax are you anywhere near nationals in Sept, in Texas Grayson County Airport - locator GYI, Denison, TX.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2006, 12:07:42 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
LOL Jax are you anywhere near nationals in Sept, in Texas Grayson County Airport - locator GYI, Denison, TX.

I`m fairly close. About 60/65 miles.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
Hehe Falc, you didn't get what I was saying I guess.  I was taunting both sides, I wanted the Rook and Bish hordes to actually run into each other instead of doing the cowardly dodge each other to mass horde an undefended field crap.  I was getting on the Rooks on country channel much more than I got on you guys.

:aok

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
HR...

Damn man!! Get a microwave and don't burn the house down! :)

The AW arenas did fail because of lack of traffic. However, plenty of folks said that they were needed. Of course AW's FT was an appeasement. Prior experience said that a seperate arena would fail.

Your common sense may be intact...I do still wonder about senility. :D

HR said...
You say its up to the players how its used. That's just not true and never will be.

Actually, a discussion about headons is where this came from. HT believes he has created an accurate and realistic gunnery model. He also said that he doesn't wish to compromise that model with unrealistic "fixes" to prevent headons. Bottomline, the model is realistic, it is the players use of it that is flawed. Keep in mind that he came from a game where such compromises were common place. Because of that, he has a major problem with doing it himself.

Actually, the MA is not funneled into one type of play. All types of play are available....but, no type of play is "protected" from the others. The division comes from people expecting that their "fun" should be exempt from interuption by the rest of the arena.

As for adding bases to FT....now THAT is a constructive idea. Each country should have at least 2 so that recaptures can be made. That is the reason for there being 6 gv fields in TT.

I have a microwave. But I still leave the burners on at least twice a day. No joke:(  

I hear ya on the headons being realistic..which is why I mentioned they are great for historical situations.
Email me your phone number. I lost it. I'll giva ya jingle. Longtime no talk anyhoo:)
lee-meadows@comcast.net

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »
I have alot of respect for ya stang...mebbe i didnt understand the purpose of your comments so sorry for the jab.;)

again when things are fairly even i prefer to up fiters and furball or intercept missions....

even though it may seem odd coming from the King of the Bops, I HATE basetaking.  Only do it to survive and help my teammates.  I can probably count on both hands the number of times ive been on and we "won" a map
in 4 years of this version.

bish seem to get most of the flak on this board for hording and toolshedding....would LOVE to see last year stats on who "won" the most maps...im redy to bet some money that it will show that the bish are NOT the toolshedding/base takers they are accused of being...if anyoone knows how to look that up please post it here.

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
I have alot of respect for ya stang...mebbe i didnt understand the purpose of your comments so sorry for the jab.;)

again when things are fairly even i prefer to up fiters and furball or intercept missions....

even though it may seem odd coming from the King of the Bops, I HATE basetaking.  Only do it to survive and help my teammates.  I can probably count on both hands the number of times ive been on and we "won" a map
in 4 years of this version.

bish seem to get most of the flak on this board for hording and toolshedding....would LOVE to see last year stats on who "won" the most maps...im redy to bet some money that it will show that the bish are NOT the toolshedding/base takers they are accused of being...if anyoone knows how to look that up please post it here.

Falc, come on...that dog want hunt.
Yea, I`m pretty sure we are on the low end of the totem in "won" scoreboard, but it`s because we suck at it. :rofl
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »
I gotta disagree with ya jack....

when i have been on and numbers even and spread across all fronts the bish do very well....log on at night and you will see why we have limited success...heck there is a always a rook buff run mission in the air (and i love it!! it keeps them off the frontline and we resupply in 5 minutes what it took an hour to knock down)

sure im a homer for bish...no apologies there:aok

but again my post was to suggest that we shouldnt be accused of being the worst landgrabbers when we dont win..doesnt make any sense:eek:

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2006, 12:32:42 PM »
I`m fairly close. About 60/65 miles.
We'll if I make it out there this year for Nationals, we'll set something up!

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Hmm.....because HT said I couldn't do that? :)

Hmm.....maybe I'm asking HT. :)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »
HOarach,

I agree and would love to see most bases uncapturable...mebbe the bases that could be captured would give cheap 262's:rolleyes:  extra ammo or something...some bonus.

and lets have a real fitertown..3 bases apiece so the vulchers cant play..all uncapturable and no ordinance...unkillable field ack.....a man can only dream....

i actually dont play at FT...too many vulchers and SA is not as important..i do better outside of there fitering...

ooh and take away check 6's from FT so noone can whine!!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Hmm.....maybe I'm asking HT. :)

Hmmm...then maybe you should direct your question to him, instead of just quoting me. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Hehe Falc, you didn't get what I was saying I guess.  I was taunting both sides, I wanted the Rook and Bish hordes to actually run into each other instead of doing the cowardly dodge each other to mass horde an undefended field crap.  I was getting on the Rooks on country channel much more than I got on you guys.

It's fun when either -

1) Two NOE missions run into each other

or

2) When a high alt mission runs into an NOE one.

Just doesn't happen often.

The only consistent one is when a buff mission inbound to HQ is met by a mission from the defenders.

As for the hoard in general, all three sides do it without exception.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:17:19 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2006, 01:52:29 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
We'll if I make it out there this year for Nationals, we'll set something up!

Great. I`ll keep that in mind.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
It's fun when either -

1) Two NOE missions run into each other

or

2) When a high alt mission runs into an NOE one.

Just doesn't happen often.

The only consistent one is when a buff mission inbound to HQ is met by a mission from the defenders.

As for the hoard in general, all three sides do it without exception.

You speaketh factually my dear friend. :aok
Present example is Trinity. Since it started in the rotation late last week, Nit and Rook pounded the dog **** outa Bish... Fri, Sat, and Sun. Monday rolls along and Bish Hoard take much of our Default bases back and Nit/Rook cry foul. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Everyone here know good and well that in the big picture it's actually pretty well balanced out in the long haul. This is a WAR of sorts and to have balance in the long haul is the best that can be expected. PS...i only started feeling this way over the last two weeks when Bish finally got off their Butts and started working TOGETHER as a team again. (It wont last) :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »
Mars01: I feel a flight exchange comming up, thats about 20 mins from my airport 52F. Also great breakfast spot about 10 miles from there 3T0 .