Author Topic: Bring back dropping fuels to 25%  (Read 7909 times)

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bring back dropping fuels to 25%
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
Actualy after reading all this I got an answer to everybodies wishes.......

Have an arena setting that will allow everything go back to the old timey settings before all the newer settings for one tour every 12-18 months. That way everybody gets back to basics and can understand why some things are the way they are now.

Like I stated earlier I'd like to see fuel dropped to 25% again, but alas like on so many other things nobody can agree or agree to disagree on one thing. Each individuals way is the only way and everybody should play their way.

My perfect AH world:

All structures would have the hardness their structure portrays. Sheet metal doesnt stop much and will wilt under any machine gun fire. Concrete structures will take more than .50 cals to kill and fuel tanks will be constanntly on fire until the sea bees build them underground with access hatches for manual pumps.

All strat can be suppliable from players as well as AI. If folks want their fuel to keep flowing even though the field is fully up and the refinery is down, there will individuals that will find fun in delivering supplies to get it back up to get the fuel to the fields again.

I’ll go you one better.  Make a separate arena from the current MA.  They already have the back up arena in place.  In this arena reset the settings to what they were in AH1 as you suggested.  Keep the current planes of AH2 of course.  See where people go to play.  Or how about just keep one arena for one group and another arena for the other.

I sort of thought that the AvA arena was already set up for those that like “a fun fight”, but I really don’t see many people playing there.  I guess they don’t want to be restricted to the limited number of aircraft in there.  Still, there is seldom an opportunity to capture bases and no end of furball opportunity.  In fact the one they’ve going now in there has the rebuild time for all objects set at one minute forty nine seconds.  Ack, factories everything pops back up in 1’49”.

Your last paragraph is intriguing.  Might be nice, but I doubt the furball crowd will care for it.

Before anyone suggests it, I do not have anything against furballing.  I just don’t care to see the game oriented towards that at the expense of other aspects of the game.  It’s supposed to be a WWII game.  Not just a fighter sim with add ons.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
I'd like to see the same arena but more of a different thought process.

Furballers from side A want to mix it up with Furballers from side B.
Side A's base has a raid comming in. Raid includes furballers from side B.
Side A launches a deffense.
Side A and Side B's furballers meet somewhere int he middle and mix it up while the strat guys go to try and take the base.

Does it really matter to a furballer on what they kill as long as they get a kill and go on to see their names in lights and slap each other on the back for how uber they are?

A kill is a kill wheather its a bomber or fighter.

So at some point one of the fields will get porked and capped and then captured . WAAA!!!!

One of the most said things anybody has said about busting a cap is to take off and come in from another field. Furballers want an island all to themselves. Fine but in most cases it takes the same amount of time to climb to X amount of feet in any given planes wheather its on furball island or in between bases ABC and XYZ.

After any base is captured the guys who took it are always going to go somewhwere else. The guys whose base is going to be attacked are going to always attempt to up defenders.

The furballers will always have somebody to furball against. The strat guys will always have something meaningfull to attack and the furballers will be there to help in their own way with out being asked.

They all just have to meet in the middle. Everything else works out in the wash.

I will say this though, If the furballers dont like the way things go then they need to go to the DA and mix it up till their hearts content. Thing is though they wont. I think alot, but not all, of those who call themselves furballers are arrogant punks who like to take targets of opputunities and then talk it up of how good they are, how bad you sucked, and then run to HTC when things dont go their way.

To ask a furballer to go to the DA to furball on equal ground with another pilot where they wont get that easy kill they so desperatly want is like asking real Santa Claus to stand still so you can take his picture.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 09:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Just an anti-SpitXVI and La7 whine in shades.

And the problem is? :D

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
I like a lot of what you just said, wolf14, but I still would like to see a seperate arena with everything back to the AH1 settings.

I recently upped a Spit 16 at a capped field.  There were P38's all over the place, all sorts of different models of them, as well as several other nme aircraft.  I upped to get some of the several formations of low altitude Lancs they were creaming us with.  I actually drove off one P38, dodged two more and downed one of the Lancs before the trio on my tail finally got me.  I think they had fun.  Three on one seemed to suit them well.;)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2006, 12:34:50 AM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
If you've got an entire squad doing it, then I can see how an entire front would be crippled for at least one side.  But that's an entire squad.  They should be able to make an impact.  

A squad of 6 guys (and I have a certain squad in mind) would routinely shut down every field's fuel, shutting down game play for 2/3 of the arena.. half couldn't get to the fight, the other half didn't have a fight.

Yea, a whole squad of 6 guys should affect 2/3 of the arena hitting buildings that know really 'mad' acm.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2006, 09:18:05 AM »

I will say this though, If the furballers dont like the way things go then they need to go to the DA and mix it up till their hearts content. Thing is though they wont. I think alot, but not all, of those who call themselves furballers are arrogant punks who like to take targets of opputunities and then talk it up of how good they are, how bad you sucked, and then run to HTC when things dont go their way.

Wow, this is telling. Furballers don't play your way, and need to go to a different arena. Never heard that one before. :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »
You know what I wish for? that the constant griping between the furballers and tool sheders about what this game is or isnt or should or should not be like would stop. Aces High is the only game that I have played that this type of bickering has gone on that I have been aware of.  Before playing Aces High, I played War Birds and before that Air Warrior.  I started playing AW about 4 months before it shut down and left WB , like everyone else,  because of the price hike and in both games, I was under the impression that everyone felt that the objective of those games was to reset the opposing side.  Now some may not have felt like participating in the land grabbing aspect of the game i.e. bombing or base capturing from time to time, they just wanted to fly fighters but I don't recall them trying to change the game from the original objective set out by the developers.  I remember in AW, like fuel, the amount of ammo you could carry would drop in relation to the number of ammo bunkers destroyed.  If 50% of the ammo bunkers were knocked out, aircraft from that field could only take 50% of their ammo loadout. It was a PITA but it had some logical reasoning behind it. I guess people just played their game and kept their mouths shut.

You know who I feel sorry for? HT cause he has to deal with this crap.  He had the sole resposibility to sort out legitimate critisizisms from the whinny needs of the "Its all about me" crowd.  Why don't WE let HT design HIS game the way HE invisions it to be played and if YOU dont like HIS vision than YOU can go find another game to play or design one YOURSELF.

With that being said,  Whether any of us like it or not,  base grabing and war winning is a fucntion and an overtly obvious objective of this game that HE designed.  HE incorperated into HIS game methods, simular that used during WWII, denying the enemy the resorces to fight, that could be used to slow down or even thwart the attack of an opposing force, especially an overwhelming force, you know, the HORDES and thereby gaining control over the situation.  HT has tried to balance realism and the needs of his clients and at times has sacrifised realism to meet the wants of one group or another or to choose the wants of one group over another.  The fuel porking is such an occurance.  The original objective of being able to pork fuel to 25%, along with ammo and troops was to give each team another alternative to stopping an attack and preventing thier base from being captured other than shooting down fighters and bombers.  People, who were not interested in the land grabing aspect of the game and thereby did not like to fly for long periods of time before engaging the enemy complained that they had to fly farther. So HT changed it so that you could only pork fuel to 75%.  The People who were interested in the land grabing countered by dropping the fighter hangers.  Again the furballers complained and at least one individual tried to appease this group by developing at least one map with multiple bases 25 miles or less apart so that base porking became realatively worthless unless a large enough group of people could coordinate well enough to hit multiple bases at the same time.  HT has tried in different ways to please both groups. He's tried having different arenas but one group or the other didn't like it because it wasn't popular enough.  I think TOD is another attempt to some how successfully seperate the 2 groups.  I hope HT doesn't waist alot of time and resources for nothing.

In the mean time I suggest if you want to participate in the land grabbing aspect of the game, then have at it, but don't complain that others do not.  Even though I'm a land grabber at heart, there are many times i'm not in the mood.  On the same token those who only wish to furball, like the other group, have a ball, but don't complain when they pork your bases and you can't up your favorate plane or you have to to fly 50 miles instead of 25 miles to do battle.

As for my wish for something new, I would like to see Submarines or the B-29.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:56:29 AM by meddog »
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »
P.S. There were some interesting suggestions that may be worth concidering in an effort to balance the game between the 2 opposing camps but I have a preference for realism.  Maybe the strat or tactical aspect of the game needs to be overhauled concidering the increasing polarization of the 2 camps or am I over exaggerating?  BTW a big to HUBS

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
I really love Dedalos and I hope to be like him when I grow up

:rolleyes:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2006, 01:34:46 PM »

To ask a furballer to go to the DA to furball on equal ground with another pilot where they wont get that easy kill they so desperatly want is like asking real Santa Claus to stand still so you can take his picture.

Well, most of the times we don't call ourselfs furbalers.  The building fighters call us that.  I like the oportunity to defend a field.  For that, I may need fuel.  You g uys obviusly have a problem with that, so your solution is that I need to go to the DA and furball because I interfeer with your building war?

Who is really the arrogant punk here?  If you think you are an easy kill, thats your problem.  Go in the DA and practice.  What you people are really asking for is the ability to batle buildings without those pesky fighters around.  So, we call everyone that wants to play the game in a way different than us a 'furbaler' and ask them to go to the DA?  

Most people you call furballers, are really not.  They just like fighting, buffs, planes, gvs, chutes, what ever.  For that, they need fuel and FHs.  You are just complaing that you cannot stop them from doing that.

Yep, we are arogant punks alright.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2006, 01:36:50 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is that the war is, ideally, the premise for fighting. Without actual combat between players, there's nothing; the game simply becomes a huge target range. While in real, actual war where the lives of tens of thousands are on the line, denying the enemy the resources he needs to fight is imperative, this same strategy makes for intolerably dull gameplay when carried to MMOG's.

I personally would like to see a robust strat system, with worthwhile targets for bombers, as well as bombers that act more like bombers. What I do not like is people trying to get HTC to set the game up in such a way as to prevent the rest of us from playing, or allowing us only certain aircraft.
This is a situation which only benefits the side with a pronounced numerical advantage, which again, contributes only to a decline in the quality of gameplay for everyone else, which means more unhappy customers, and, eventually, fewer customers.

It's tough to work out a better setup that improves gameplay for everyone, and I personally don't like the idea of going back to setups that were worse than what we have now.

John, got that new PC yet? (lucky bastage, lightning strike=better pc :mad: )
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »
:O Oh my got.  omething is wrong with Hub.  Not only I was able to read his post, but he actually made sence!

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »
what ever works for a new computer right?   lol

I think it should be ready by the middle of next week.  When I went to the computer store on Tuesday, the tech said he would order the parts that morning and the venders should have them shipped out by that afternoon and should have start arriving yesturday.  So hopefully they can start assembly tomarrow (friday).  They'll spend a day or two testing so since they are closed on Sundays and Mondays, i'm looking at Tuesday or Wednesday before the blessed arrival.  In the mean time, i'm not handling AHII withdrawls very well  I see Bish and Rooks in my sleep, I think it's sleep, im not sure anymore:noid

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2006, 06:44:38 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
A squad of 6 guys (and I have a certain squad in mind) would routinely shut down every field's fuel, shutting down game play for 2/3 of the arena.. half couldn't get to the fight, the other half didn't have a fight.

Yea, a whole squad of 6 guys should affect 2/3 of the arena hitting buildings that know really 'mad' acm.

Show me the six pilots that could shut down 2/3 of the arena on a map like the Pizza!  It cannot be done.  The fields pop back up too fast.  If you’re talking about small maps, then the six might have a chance and they should.  Bombers, gv’s, boats and fighter aircraft are designed into this game.  Not just your favorite fighters.

How do you think it works in war?  You think they didn't bomb buildings to prevent the enemy from being able to fight?  Once again, this game was conceived as a war game.  Not just a fighter vs. fighter game.

The one arena that seems to be attempting fighter vs. fighter scenarios is AvA and that has a chronic shortage of pilots.  I have to think that there's something more to that chronic shortage than the planes offered for flying.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2006, 06:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Wow, this is telling. Furballers don't play your way, and need to go to a different arena. Never heard that one before.

Perhaps they don't need to go to another arena, but they should stop trying to sideline everything in favor of their favorite fighter rides.  It's pretty obvious there's something about the MA they enjoy.  Otherwise they would go to another arena.  AvA or DA are good examples.