Author Topic: Islam is going Nuclear  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »
That's some really hilarious stuff.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2006, 01:00:22 AM »
Yeah, it is kinda funny...kinda.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »
Here's something for ya Nash.

Even cuter, though, and more thoughtful, was the Huggable Atomic Mushroom Cloud by the British design duo Dunne and Raby. As their website says, the Mushroom "is for people who are afraid of nuclear annihilation. Like treatments for phobias, they allow for gradual exposure through different sizes."
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 01:14:36 AM »
lunatic

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Is there any such a thing as a purely "tactical" nuke?

Was there ever?

Insane gibberish. Use a nuke, and it's automatic strategical. Automatic political.

But who needs nukes anyways?

Scrape all of these 101st Fighting Keyboardists up off of their Lazy Boys and chute 'em in the desert. That should do it.

Take radical measures to hydrate them....  Give them the sacred object of their precious 2nd ammendment, point 'em in the right direction.... and go back to reading the sports section and wincing every time you come across an article that points out how bad things are going with them.

Hello and welcome to your foreign policy.

Yup tactical nukes where designed to help fend off a soviet armor invasion into germany.  Most where small enough to be deployed by medium to light attack air craft and even artillery as well.  In Alaska the defense plan was to use tactical air to air and surface to air nukes to fend off massive russian bomber formations.  In a military sense all of these weapons posed a "tactical" use.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2006, 07:15:42 PM »
Thread title reminds me of an old tune a local DJ did here. We had a DJ named Carl P. Mayfield (http://www.carlp.com), and he had a group called Carl P. Mayfield and the Rich and Famous Band, several big name southern rock musicians sat in on a regular basis. During the Iran hostage crisis, he did a song called "Let's Make Islamic Atomic". Not really politically correct, but it was really funny.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:17:46 PM by Captain Virgil Hilts »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »
Originally posted by ramzey
Pakistan is Islamic country, right? Thy are our allies and they have nukes?right?

So why you generalize Iran as all Islam people?

Dammit ramzey you libral!!  Next, you'll be asking why is pakistan our ally when they are harboring bin laden?  See, my child, you just dont understand politics:huh

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 09:54:16 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Yup tactical nukes where designed to help fend off a soviet armor invasion into germany.  Most where small enough to be deployed by medium to light attack air craft and even artillery as well.  In Alaska the defense plan was to use tactical air to air and surface to air nukes to fend off massive russian bomber formations.  In a military sense all of these weapons posed a "tactical" use.

Guns,

Don't you realize that nash with his extensive military experiance is an expert in military matters? how DARE you question his absolute mastery and long distinguished service in uniform.... in some uniform..... well maybe he saw a uniform once, but he is still the emminent expert in military matters especially the part about volunteering others to do what he has not. Don't you realize that it is far more effective to merely complain from the sidelines and point out the foibles of others rather than make any contributions of your own? I mean really, shame on you Guns! :furious
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 10:33:51 PM »
I simply said, Maverick, that a so-called "tactical" nuke becomes both a "strategic" nuke and "political" nuke, the minute that the "tactical" nuke gets launched.

You don't think so? No? Explain how it wouldn't be, please.... I'd love to hear it.

We're not talking about "fending off a soviet armor invasion into germany" here, mmkay?

Nice little write-up, by the way, on how you need to wear a uniform to spot the difference. Appearently it aint helping you out much.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 10:56:36 PM »
Scrape all of these 101st Fighting Keyboardists up off of their Lazy Boys and chute 'em in the desert. That should do it.

Take radical measures to hydrate them....  Give them the sacred object of their precious 2nd ammendment, point 'em in the right direction.... and go back to reading the sports section and wincing every time you come across an article that points out how bad things are going with them.

Hello and welcome to your foreign policy.

Point of order, Mr. Chairman.

Our foreign policy doesn't involve the use of our civilians. We do have a professional military.

As they said, "Iraq went from the fourth-largest army in the world to the second-largest army in Iraq in 100 hours". They were soundly defeated in fourd days.

In round two, it was Baghdad in three weeks.

Second point of order, Mr. Chairman.

Some of those that you deride here as "101st Fighting Keyboardists "  served during this or previous wars or during the Cold War.

In your attempt to demean others, you demean yourself with those words.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Point of order, Mr. Chairman.

Our foreign policy doesn't involve the use of our civilians.

Hmm... You might want to tell your Secretary of Defence about this new rule.

Originally posted by Toad
Second point of order, Mr. Chairman.

Some of those that you deride here as "101st Fighting Keyboardists "  served during this or previous wars or during the Cold War.

Some, not all....

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:35 PM »
And those "some" might be offended as I am. I am tempted to offer you the opportunity to...let's see... pc would be "byte me".

As for your intimation that civilian posters here should be sent into combat to fight our wars, I'll say again we don't do that. It's a volunteer force right now and, as I pointed out, quite competent.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 11:16:15 PM »
Okay, so you concede, contrary to your "point of order" post, that your entire military is run by a civilian.

And all this in the name of a post by you defending Maverick's assertion that you need to wear a uniform to understand the consequences of launching nukes. I think you picked the wrong fight here man.

I do maintain that if you believe strongly in a war, you should man-up and fight it, if possible. I sure as hell would - I kid you not.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 11:21:43 PM »
I do maintain that if you believe strongly in a war, you should man-up and fight it, if possible. I sure as hell would - I kid you not.

You are such a work of art!

Fighting wars cannot be avoided, it's human nature and a fact of our existence. You better start using your brain.

Hey, didn't "war" defeat the Nazis?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Islam is going Nuclear
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 11:23:43 PM »
Huh?