Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6554 times)

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »
Ack- Ack give me the money to pay for school and ill gladly go.  And there are no interviews, i cant get my foot in the door when the illegals work for half of the money.  And i talk to employers and they tell me straight up, i cant really hire u and ur friends cause i can make way more useing these mexicans.  I cant get mad at them cause there just doin whats is best for them even though its freakin illegal.

Ack-Ack pay my bills and college tution and i will gladly go.  I dont collect no dam public assitance.  Theres a whole bunch of guys here that cant get back in to school not because they are dumb but becuase they aint got the money.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »
Report them to the dept of labor
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
How about getting yourself an education so you won't have to worry about an illegal getting hired over you.  Honestly, if you interviewed for a job and didn't get it because an illegal got it instead, I would think that would be a good wake up call to brush up on your job interviewing skills.

ack-ack

huh? They work for next to nothing, that's what gets them hired. They had a big write up in the local paper about illegals hanging on street corners and getting picked up for daily work. Alot of the time the contractor will stiff them and there is nothing they can do about it(who they gonna complain to?).

What it does is undermine the legit business. They throw in low bids for jobs cause they pay next to nothing for labor. I am with Lazs on this one, prosecute the business hiring the illegals, put them out of business.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2006, 08:31:36 PM »
I'm with Lazs on punishing the people who hire the illegals. Funny thing is that Lazs doesn't seem to want it to work both ways.

What are all those illegals standing on the corner doing? They don't have jobs. They need to be arrested and deported. Lazs seems to think of them as victims.

We have a new law in here in Maricopa county ( most of Arizonans reside in maricopa county)

It is now a felony to be caught smuggeling people across the border AND that ALSO applies to the people being smuggled as well. They get those people on conspiracy to smuggle themselves!

If the whole country had this law and enforced it, how many illegals do you think you'd see standing on the street looking for work?

ALL the laws need to be enforced. Screw the scumbag, sleazy, unlawful illegal alien and anyone who hires them or supports them.....including any government agencies.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »
If i get my hands on a camera i will take a picture of them standin in bunchs on street corners and at rent-a-truck places.  These illegals arent victims cause theyare aware of what there doin.

Give lazy welfare collectin america a kick in the bellybutton and make them work.

The fact that there smugglin people in to the country puts me at alert, i live in nyc and dont need no more terror attacks.  Im tired of walkin down the street and seein police in full gear with assualt rifles.  We need to protect our borders to the south aswell as the north.

Again a want to thank skuzzy for lettin this thread continue without lettin it be edited.  U never noe, this thread can be what startes the chain reaction that makes a difference.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »
Originally posted by Mr Big
What are all those illegals standing on the corner doing? They don't have jobs. They need to be arrested and deported. Lazs seems to think of them as victims.

Not victims, just doing what they can to survive, as anyone would. If they knew they couldn't be hired as illegals they wouldn't be there. The reason they stand there as illegals is someone will hire them, and that is the problem.

Try, if you can, to walk a mile in their shoes. If you lived across the border and had no money, and were desperate for money to support your family, and knew just across the border their were contractors just waiting to hire you, what would you do?

Desperate people do desperate things. We are all the sons and grandsons of desperate immigrants, who came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and hopes and dreams of a better life. Alot of us seem to forget where we came from.

Two things, enforce the law on business who hire the illegals, round up every illegal, one by one, deport him and take someone from the list who has applied to legally work here and put him in the job the illegal was working.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2006, 09:41:06 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence

Two things, enforce the law on business who hire the illegals, round up every illegal, one by one, deport him and take someone from the list who has applied to legally work here and put him in the job the illegal was working.

I agree 100%.

Also feel that the people coming here are doing what any person would do under the same conditions. These people are hard workers and they are good people.

It's sad that the world is so unfair, but it is what it is. Our country needs to be secured. We do a lot to help people, but we need to have a secure border AND then figure out how best to manage this problem.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »
Wait a second.

U cant compare the big immigration surge decades ago to now.  I understand what there tryin to do and im not some type of monster that wants to see people suffer. But what about the unemployed americans and what about our homeless people.  I see a bunch of homeless in nyc that live in the streets, why cant i give this guy a job. A friend of mine noes a another guy that owns a business.  I think it was a real estate place but anyway, bum comes up to him and says please i need work im starving, the boss hires him to do maintence now and the guy has somewhere to live.  We have to take care of our own before we open our arms.  Instead of givein the guy a hand out on thanksgiving i rather give him the means to support him self.   Bring down the unemployment rate and take the homless off the street ad i wont have a problem.  I would be tryin to get them green cards.

We live in the united states of america and we shouldnt have people that are homelss or unemployed.  This is a country that if u hav the desire to be great nothin can hold u back.  But now unemployment is all over, are childerns education is mediocre and nobody here can simply agree on anythin to get somethin done.  The fact is it should hav never got to this point, this thread shouldnt exist, our elected officals arent doin there job.  U cant blame bush alone becuase that not fair, he's one man.  Theres all types of different department that are supposed to handle ther end but now they stay quiet and everybody point that finger at bush.  Like the big hurri that hit new orleans, nobody said nothin to the mayor everybody jumped on bushs ass.  I remember the terror attack on 9/11, nobody here liked Guiliani but the way he steped up and took charge of the city changed everyones mind.  Bush isnt the best but nobody around him is helpin him neither.  Our elected officals are sittin on there hands, someone needs to stand up and do whats right.  They need a good swift kick in the ass.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2006, 10:14:54 PM »
I have often thought about filming a drive by any local Home Depot here. I think most people on the bbs would be amazed at the blatant mass of illegals begging to jump into any p/u truck passing by.

I don't think that most people understand the scope of the problem in our border states, nevermind  the whole "enchilada"

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2006, 10:18:05 PM »
I have often thought about filming a drive by any local Home Depot here. I think most people on the bbs would be amazed at the blatant mass of illegals begging to jump into any p/u truck passing by.

I don't think that most people understand the scope of the problem in our border states, nevermind  the whole "enchilada"

Just curious...

How many of the American "homelss or unemployed" that  bkbandit speaks of will your video show?

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2006, 10:19:57 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Just curious...

How many of the American "homelss or unemployed" that  bkbandit speaks of will your video show?

probaly none. not pulling your leg.

If I went downdown, I could find maybe a few.

You'd be amazed Nash.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2006, 10:20:56 PM »
where's michael moore when yah need him?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2006, 10:31:21 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
xmarine.... let me ask you this....

Who will round up all the illegals and send them back to mexico?   Who will build a wall for hundreds or thousands of miles?

What the hell do you mean "who"??

Yes, "who" considering police & Sheriffs dept in California are forbidden to get involved in immigration issues. When the INS did a raid to free some slaves, my dept stood by 1/2 mile away and did nothing, per policy... and thats typical.

That also means the local attorneys & DAs office DO NOT prosecute FEDERAL immigration laws in local courts.

So we are left with the Feds, and only the Feds.

Politicians / community activist pukes argue if illegals fear a local uniform officer can deport them, they wont report being victims of crimes, ergo will be easy targets for criminals. They will also fight like hell, run, and take more drastic measures to avoid arrest, even for minor infractions which politically motivated police associations will tell you results in more cops being hurt.

Nobody knows better where the illegals are than the local beat cops, and they are forbidden to assist the Feds in any way re: immigration... cant even share info openly.

While I am all for locking them all up, the Feds dont have the law enforcement / court resources to get the job done right, and its just felony stupid to exclude the state sworn police from helping... but thats our country.

Before you can start throwing the book at people, things need to change and/or be done a-lot differently because the current set up will choke. Getting to trial on immigration issues could take 3 to 5 years in the very slow moving Fed court system.

If its gong to be the Feds, deploy the military at the border and free up the INS agents to go after employers in state or fed court... or create a separate immigration court. I'd rather pay a battalion of Marines to train at the border than a few hundred miles north in the Stumps.

Or maybe the Feds should let the State protect their own border, perhaps using National Guard or creating a new State police agency to focus on nothing but immigration... although any idea of state sworn officers patrolling the border will be met with bigtime opposition.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2006, 10:34:49 PM »
You'd be amazed Nash.

It doesn't surprise me, actually.

The homeless in NYC that bkbandit was talking about are way beyond gone. It's sad, but it's a constant, in that every society in every century has a set of people that just aren't equipped to deal. They were there 2,000 years ago, and they will be amongst us 2,000 years from now. It's less about motivation and will than it is about mentality and circumstance. It really doesn't add anything to the immigration debate to make mention of them.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2006, 10:37:41 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
It doesn't surprise me, actually.

The homeless in NYC that bkbandit was talking about are way beyond gone. It's sad, but it's a constant, in that every society in every century has a set of people that just aren't equiped to deal. They were there 2,000 years ago, and they will be amongst us 2,000 years from now. It's less about motivation and will than it is about mentality and circumstance. It really doesn't add anything to the immigration debate to make mention of them.

I agree.

I still think that most people here would be amazed if they saw what we are dealing with here, with the illegals