Author Topic: Question to the furballers.  (Read 1952 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Question to the furballers.
« on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:42 AM »
Hey guys,

There is one thing that I just cant grasp.

The guys and gals who want to furball and not be part of the MA hoard constantly ask for changes to the MA, DA and BUMA inorder to create a environment that is focused around fighter to fighter combat. I can fully understand this desire.

What I dont understand is why dont you guys just play in the AvA instead of the MA????

The AvA is primarily about fighter to fighter combat and it has maps where bases are closer.

Is it because it doesnt have full plane sets and you cant always fly "your" fighter?

If that is the case then it really doesnt make sence to me because the ones of you who are most vocal about changes to MA, DA and BUMA inorder to create a more fighter friendly env are also the ones who are most vocal about MA only beeing full of Spit16s and LaLas.

Is it me that is missing something or isnt the AvA and its gameplay what the furballers are asking for all the time????

Tex

Ps. Please dont make this into a furballer vs toolsheder debate. I just wana know why furballers arnt attracted to the AvA in a bigger extent Ds.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:22:46 AM »
Why don't you non-furballers go to the AvA instead?

Edit: and no, the AvA isn't at all what I consider ideal.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:26:13 AM »
waste of time.

sort one thing out and the world will find another problem to grumble about and point the finger at something.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »
Yeah the AvA is a fun diversion from the MA and when the MA maps suck the AvA is the only place if there are enough people in there.

The problems are:

1)  Limited plane set.  Yeah after a few hours the same match ups get stale.  RPS helps a lot tho.

2)  You don't get the shear numbers.

3)  Side balancing can be lame, rare tho.

4)  Guys are not always in fighter mode.

5)  Sometimes it's tough to see where the fight is actually happening depending on the numbers.

6)  Guys like Hub LOLH.:D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:06:13 AM »
The basic problem with the A v A is that in their quest for a nhitorically correct "balanced" planset divided upon Axis v Allied lines it is almost always one side that has faster B&Z aircraft while the other side has slower T&B aircraft.

It is "historically correct" and that's their goal. However, what you find is whichever side has the T&B getting Bored & Zoomed to sleep.

That's the primary problem and it is the antithesis of furballing.

Remove the restriction on A v A and it'd work fine... but that is EXACTLY what they don't want to do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »
I would like to see a couple DA rooms for 40 guys at most can join. Call it furball heaven. You have the MAIN AVA TA DA FH sounds good to me. I would drop in before i hit main every night. AW had a room like that..

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:11:37 PM »
We do and its called H2H but only 8 can join.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
The basic problem with the A v A is that in their quest for a nhitorically correct "balanced" planset divided upon Axis v Allied lines it is almost always one side that has faster B&Z aircraft while the other side has slower T&B aircraft.

It is "historically correct" and that's their goal. However, what you find is whichever side has the T&B getting Bored & Zoomed to sleep.

That's the primary problem and it is the antithesis of furballing.

Remove the restriction on A v A and it'd work fine... but that is EXACTLY what they don't want to do.

What  are you talking about? Do you even know who "they" are?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 12:55:46 PM »
Spits vs 109s = TnB vs BnZ?  Hardly

Yaks vs 109s = TnB vs BnZ?  Hardly

F4U-1 vs 109s and FWA-5 = TnB vs BnZ?  Hardly

Tell me ONE of those matchups, which pretty much covers the last .......... 2 months?  (ish).......

Which one is TnB vs BnZ only.  

We've had at least 3 repeats of the BoB RPS that I can think of since we switched to AvA instead of CT for the arena name.  There is a breif point (couple of days maybe?) where the Luftwaffe only has FW's, but thats pretty short out of 2 weeks for the planeset.  

Italy can go sort of BnZ to the allies, but the Axis have FW's as well and the allies have P-40s.  Show me someone that spends all their time in a P40 BnZing their prey and I'll show you someone with a short lifespan.  

Tunisia?  109s vs Spits.

The ONLY maps I can think of where you have mostly BnZ on one side and mostly TnB on the other side is the Pac maps.  We have had ONE installment of Okinawa I believe in the last several months.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong?  And that one was only 1 week I think.  My memory may be confused though, in which case we have had NO Pac setups recently.  

You need to get out more Toad.  Either you have come in on the wrong days, or you havent been there in a looooooooong time and dont know what you are missing.  The staff has been working really hard to make the AvA a place where you can always find a good fight.  And it shows.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
The ONLY maps I can think of where you have mostly BnZ on one side and mostly TnB on the other side is the Pac maps.  We have had ONE installment of Okinawa I believe in the last several months.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong?  And that one was only 1 week I think.  My memory may be confused though, in which case we have had NO Pac setups recently.  

The Ki-84 made a huge difference in the BnZ only PAC sets. That and the way the Hogs can TnB, problem solved as far as Im concerned.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:44 PM »
Well, I did say MOSTLY.  :)

And yes, we'd LOVE to have any of you MA furballer types come to the AvA.  More the merrier.  Just leave your HOs at home.  Well, I take that back.  VWE hasnt been around in awhile, we have room.  lol
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:18:36 PM by StarOfAfrica2 »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:17 PM »
hehe:D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Question to the furballers.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 01:42:58 PM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
Hey guys,

There is one thing that I just cant grasp.

The guys and gals who want to furball and not be part of the MA hoard constantly ask for changes to the MA, DA and BUMA inorder to create a environment that is focused around fighter to fighter combat. I can fully understand this desire.

What I dont understand is why dont you guys just play in the AvA instead of the MA????

The AvA is primarily about fighter to fighter combat and it has maps where bases are closer.

Is it because it doesnt have full plane sets and you cant always fly "your" fighter?

If that is the case then it really doesnt make sence to me because the ones of you who are most vocal about changes to MA, DA and BUMA inorder to create a more fighter friendly env are also the ones who are most vocal about MA only beeing full of Spit16s and LaLas.

Is it me that is missing something or isnt the AvA and its gameplay what the furballers are asking for all the time????

Tex

Ps. Please dont make this into a furballer vs toolsheder debate. I just wana know why furballers arnt attracted to the AvA in a bigger extent Ds.

I enjoy downing La7's in a Spit5 or a Hurry Mk.1.   No debate needed, planeset means nothing to me.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
AvA
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »
AvA is the best aranea for fighters hands down, you just need numbers, but when you get the numbers the fighting is outstanding and challenging.

My 2

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »
Last time I went to the AvA, about a month a go, it was SpitV versus A5. There were six Brits and one LW on so I went LW even though I hate flying their hardware. Flew over the channel and was berated for not T&B'ing with multiple Spits.

Yeah THAT was fun!

I've had fun in the CT before, but there needs to be at least 30 folks on at one time in order to hold my interest for long.