Author Topic: Question to the furballers.  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Question to the furballers.
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2006, 02:55:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
oldman... you had the non ava ct running for a couple of weeks?  with different planesets?

What planes did you use?
IIRC (I wasn't staff at that time yet) it was 2 bases with early war planes (1 base per country), 2 with mid-war and 2 with late-war... It was based on the fighter-town idea that was brought up here in general discussion a while (has it been a year already?) ago.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
So like I said, it's not Axis v Allies, it's a handpicked planeset to ensure the LW have at least parity, preferably an advantage.
Late 41 to mid 42 a PRIME example, they have adv and rightly so, Vb's v 190's.
Yet in 1944 to even/balance things out the 190D9 HAS to be introduced 3 months ahead of time....does double standards and hypocrasy leap to mind, IT SHOULD.

Wouldn't say never, but I have popped in to the A v A a few times.

One of the reasons I didn't bother going back was the 'handpicked' planeset. It's fine for the LW to have their advantage, but no-way can the Allies have theirs when ITS APPROPRIATE.

As long as it's continued to be run on the LW must have parity or an advantage at all times (even if it means introducing them months ahead of when historically accurate), can't see me bothering.
A v A was a good idea, skewed by the LW fans.

Dam hilarious how a 1943 LF IX with a Merlin 266 and 50cals causes people to wet their pants in their late war rides.

I have NEVER seen you in AvA.... Unlees you go by a different tag...

BTW you must be a puffychested Spit Ace eh???  Sure seems that way by what you post...  Why do you cry and nag so much about a spit16?

I'd love to see you in the AvA mayb you can show me a thing or two  :t
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 03:18:10 PM by Platano »
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2006, 03:11:09 PM »
Grupul 7 Vanatoare nose art? Looks cool ;)

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2006, 03:21:15 PM »
You need to chillax...Website is being updated....cuz you know a tour DID jus finish right??
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »
As long as it's continued to be run on the LW must have parity or an advantage at all times (even if it means introducing them months ahead of when historically accurate), can't see me bothering.
A v A was a good idea, skewed by the LW fans.

Dam hilarious how a 1943 LF IX with a Merlin 266 and 50cals causes people to wet their pants in their late war rides.

Originally posted by Bronk
Grits sorry I don't buy it . Either you strive for accuracy or you don't. It's that simple. All I read on this board is the whine about the XVI. Then come the corresponding chest thumping aww they aint that hard to kill crap.  Well which one is it?

Shame the Germans couldn't make the Brits stop flying it so the AvA could be more accurate.

I pose a challenge to you two guys. Come to the AvA when the LW have only the 109G-6 and the 190A-5 and fly LW against the Spit VIII or XVI for a whole week and see if your opinion is the same.

If after you do that, you still honestly have the same opinion then I will concede the argument.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »
Hey Kev I heard someone enabled a spit mkV to see if this would make you stop by...

Wudya say?  :t
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
cuz you know a tour DID jus finish right??
Ohh, you have different flower each tour? How nice!  :aok

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »
I have NEVER seen you in AvA.... Unlees you go by a different tag...

BTW you must be a puffychested Spit Ace eh???  Sure seems that way by what you post...  Why do you cry and nag so much about a spit16?

I'd love to see you in the AvA mayb you can show me a thing or two  :t

Not been in for a long, long time, and don't use some lame shades account.

I very, very, very, rarely fly the XVI, just don't see why if you fly allies its totally OK to be outmatched (Vb v 190), yet it's not OK for the reverse to happen.

As Laz said, it a personnel playground for a few certain axis squads.

Grits you should really take a look at the planeset -
When XVI is available, LW has :
G14
A8

Hardly the poor old G6 and A5 you mention.

2 days later you get the -
K4
and 3 months ahead of time the D9

HARDLY the week you mention either.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »
I'm not gonna waste my time with that uhh 2horny guy up there...

As for you Kev I have an Idea..tonight for the first time in I dont really care how many years why dont you stop by the AvA cuz there a spit in the hangar with your name on it...

And even you know that if a spit16's is enabled all allies will fly spit16's and that just makes it another MA which we try to stay away from...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 03:45:31 PM »
I'm not gonna waste my time with that uhh 2horny guy up there...
True, I was off-topic a bit. Eventually we could discuss flower topic in DA. I've heard you became very skilled in that flower-wagon-109E of yours (pretty ride) :aok

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »
As Laz said, it a personnel playground for a few certain axis squads.
None of the staff members are members of "a few certain axis squads" (myself excluded, I'm a Finn after all?), and the people who fly in the AvA don't decide the setups. But the help is appreciated (thanks to Sable for the RPS Schedule, and to Storch for the Tirpitz-setup). Maybe you could step forward and suggest a setup featuring Spit XVI with a few selected opponents on a historical terrain we have available here in AH? Or maybe we will have it (edit, the SpitXVI) on the next Italy and Tirpitz rounds...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »
I very, very, very, rarely fly the XVI, just don't see why if you fly allies its totally OK to be outmatched (Vb v 190), yet it's not OK for the reverse to happen.

Now I'm more confused than usual.

I'd thought you didn't visit the AvA because you were offended that it didn't feature the Spit 16 often enough.  But now you say you wouldn't fly it anyway.  What's the complaint?

I also thought this thread was directed to people who wished they could have an opportunity for more good fights, and were distressed by the prevalence of Spit 16s and La7s in the MA.  If you're one of them, wouldn't you want to fly where the sides were relatively evenly matched, and had at least more semblance of historical reality than the MA has?

Finally, if inaccuracies like the Dora being enabled two days sooner than it should have entered the RPS are enough to keep you away from the AvA, how can you possibly prefer the MA, where Doras fight Doras fight Lasz' FM2?
- oldman (stumbling around with eyes crossed)

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 04:05:59 PM »
last i heard it was "aces high" not the game of risk
just like i dont log into ww2 online and expect every 1 to be in fighters

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »
Interesting -if not outright hilarious thread.

:D

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

Finally, if inaccuracies like the Dora being enabled two days sooner than it should have entered the RPS are enough to keep you away from the AvA, how can you possibly prefer the MA, where Doras fight Doras fight Lasz' FM2?
- oldman (stumbling around with eyes crossed)

Cuz the MA doesn't claim to be historically accurate...unlike the Holy
accurate AvA.

Bronk
See Rule #4