Author Topic: V2.08 is bunk  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 06:37:52 AM »
Originally posted by Fruda
I had the same problem. However, in about two minutes, I figured everything out and got my setup exactly as it was in 2.07.

You just have to look around the settings to get a feel for everything.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate. I ran the update, and everything transferred over. I had absolutely nothing to do but go flying.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 06:48:37 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I guess I should consider myself fortunate. I ran the update, and everything transferred over. I had absolutely nothing to do but go flying.

My regards,

Widewing

Ditto.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 08:08:05 AM »
I guess I was fairly fortunate too.

All I had to do is

A) Remember to load my Saitek Profiler
B) Remap the keyboard keys to what they were by default (wonder why the change here?)
C) Re-set the Axiis in the Stick area.

Took me 15 minutes and it actually seems to control BETTER than ever before. I dunno.. might be my imagination but it seems that my controls are smoother and more "where I want to go" than they were before.

I also don't seem to be having the framerate issues. Granted, it appears there's a cap at 60fps now, but I haven't seen as many dips as I used to get. *shrug*

Hope that they can help you guys out quickly that are having problems, but remember, they're human. Everything takes time, and insulting them does nothing but raise thier stress levels and likely lowers production (I know I work better when happy than when stressed out).
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »
i got my X52 working in no time at all... it was neat taking off at max power when my throttle was at 0%.... any who... the only thing i have a problem with is multimapping... for example.. on my throttle i have my calibration, bombsite set, and doors open/ close buttons... i use the same door button when im in the M3.. well now it wont work in GV mode.. my engine button only starts aircraft engines not GV, and the buttons i use for auto angle and auto level used to double for my shift up and shift down while in GV.. from what ive heard, you can only get one mode out of 4 to work.. i havent messed around with it since so i dont know if it works not or not.. all i can say is that the X52 has like 300 buttons.. just got to get used to the new mapping.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »
with my X45 it took about 5 minutes to get it back to normal ...

assign the peds to rudder axis
then make sure the commands are assigned the keystrokes the saitek profile was created with then assign the rotors to the trim axis of your choice

I think the issue is an ID10T error that sits behind the jstick, not in the app itself
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
with my X45 it took about 5 minutes to get it back to normal ...

assign the peds to rudder axis
then make sure the commands are assigned the keystrokes the saitek profile was created with then assign the rotors to the trim axis of your choice

I think the issue is an ID10T error that sits behind the jstick, not in the app itself

I could never get the trim tabs to work properly on the rotary switches of my old X45. I could get the trim tabs to go one direction, but not the other. Example: When I mapped one rotary to the elevator trim, I could get the trim tab to go *up*, but could only bring it back *down* to it's original position and no farther.  Same thing with my X52.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Update help
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 04:39:57 PM »
Originally posted by SPIKER
I can figure it out but when AH puts a patch out they need to update the help page to work with the patch rather than us tryin to figure it out.  
  Or better yet tests would be in order, communications would be in order.  The last time we heard from AH was 4/25/06.
Uh, This was up in the Help section before I left work last Friday afternoon.  it needs some tweaking, but I thought it would have helped.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »

My regards,

Widewing

For me, everything except my hatswitch views transferred over. I had to remap my hatswitch views and everything was fine, condsidering some of the problems others have had, I too, consider myself fortunate. :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 07:21:27 PM »

My regards,

Widewing

I think I only had the problem because I have an old flight stick. Everything else was fine --- my keyboard settings and rudder pedals were unchanged.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
I could never get the trim tabs to work properly on the rotary switches of my old X45. I could get the trim tabs to go one direction, but not the other. Example: When I mapped one rotary to the elevator trim, I could get the trim tab to go *up*, but could only bring it back *down* to it's original position and no farther.  Same thing with my X52.

if you are using the satiek profile software you have to band the rotors into three bands with the center band being null, without any command. then the top band set for whatever key you have programmed in ah for up trim and the bottom band as the key for down trim. Now while you are in either the top band or the bottom band, the trim will continue to go up or down until you center the rotor to the dead band in the middle. that stops the trim.
or
you set the rotor inside ah as elevator trim and then calibrate the full range of motion of the rotor so ah sees its entire movement window

the rocker on the x45 works best as aileron trim when setup as described using the saitek profile method as it self centers when released

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Re: Update help
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 03:10:35 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Uh, This was up in the Help section before I left work last Friday afternoon.  it needs some tweaking, but I thought it would have helped.

Thanks Skuzzy, youre great. :)

I didnt even need that setup help. I think the new controller mapping interface is almost self explanatory (only thing i needed to figure out via trial and error was the fact that pressing a button on stick highlights it in the list). The rest was simply a matter of remapping all buttons. Admittedly i had to get used to the fact that now my buttons are named wrong, instead of numbered (X45 here), but hey, were young and flexible.....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline used2bz

• Zinc Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »
If you had a shift key working before, I'm with Krusty, it was because you were using the CH control manager software.  I have full CH setup and I use the in game setup with no problems.  Can you try programming your sticks in game after turning off the CH control manager?

ztrx

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 04:16:58 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
if you are using the satiek profile software you have to band the rotors into three bands with the center band being null, without any command. then the top band set for whatever key you have programmed in ah for up trim and the bottom band as the key for down trim. Now while you are in either the top band or the bottom band, the trim will continue to go up or down until you center the rotor to the dead band in the middle. that stops the trim.
or
you set the rotor inside ah as elevator trim and then calibrate the full range of motion of the rotor so ah sees its entire movement window

the rocker on the x45 works best as aileron trim when setup as described using the saitek profile method as it self centers when released

I just used the stick mapper in the game, the Saitek profiler is waaaay to complicated for me. :D

I did try to calibrate the rotary switches in AH, that didnt work either. All AH would see was what I described before. Dunno why though....

On the X45 I used the rocker switch as my rudder since I dont have pedals.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 05:08:02 PM »
maybe you have the wrong axis for the wrong trim ..
this is how mine is setup

with rotor 1 being the one near your left thumb and rotor 2 the one at your left forefinger

when you finish calibration, always end in the dead zone in the middle of the rotors (centered) before you click ok
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:10:40 PM by Eagler »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »
On my X52 I have both rotary switches calibrated. Now how do I map them so that it says *analog inputs trim elevator* and *analog inputs trim aileron*. All I see as options for mapping the trim is elevator up, elevator down etc. I gotta be missing something here, just dont have a clue as to what it is though.

*edit* ok, figured out how to get it to say....analog inputs trim elevator....but.....when I use the rotary switch for elevator trim the elevators dont trim.......gah!!

Why cant stuff just be simple instead of annoying horse poopies?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:41:07 PM by Elfie »