Author Topic: V2.08 is bunk  (Read 1928 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »
Dbl click rotary 1, in the window that opens select Axis, then scroll down to the trim options.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Dbl click rotary 1, in the window that opens select Axis, then scroll down to the trim options.

From the clipboard I went Options/Controllers/Map Controllers. In that window I selected rotary 1 (dbl clicked), then in the window that opens when you dbl click there is no option to select an axis? I see the trim controls when I scrolled down. Selected the elevator trim, but it doesnt trim the elevator. /sigh

HiTech could you come to my house and show me how please? :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2006, 05:55:59 PM »
Ok, I got it. First I had to unmap the trim commands from a hat switch, then had to turn Combat Trim OFF before the rotary switches would affect my trim tabs.

HiTech, when I use the trim tabs mapped to a hat switch, merely using the trim tab turns off Combat Trim for me. Why doesnt it work like that with the rotary switches? I can (and will) get used to remembering to turn off Combat Trim before using my rotaries, just wondering.

Thanks for the help HiTech and Eagler. :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
when I active a rotor, it kills combat trim

I have combat trim set to the 'fire C' buton in mode one in my saitek profile

I turn combat trim back on with it after I re-center the trim
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2006, 07:09:31 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
when I active a rotor, it kills combat trim

I have combat trim set to the 'fire C' buton in mode one in my saitek profile

I turn combat trim back on with it after I re-center the trim

Hmmm, maybe I still dont have things *just right*? I too have combat trim mapped to a stick button.

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »
whay debate? this torques me to no end !15 buck to spend hours trying to fly and have joystick that will not do its job. i have x52 no function works one more try and i am deleting account .3plus years and then this!!!!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 12:33:49 AM »
Personally, so far, I think the old system was easier to set up than the new one.

Go easy on him Hub, lots of folks are having difficulty with the new system.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 05:29:55 AM »
Originally posted by jon
whay debate? this torques me to no end !15 buck to spend hours trying to fly and have joystick that will not do its job. i have x52 no function works one more try and i am deleting account .3plus years and then this!!!!

I have an X52......I run through the SST profiler...and I have complete functionality.  

At first, I got  a little scrambled but once I figured out the new interface..it worked great. Easier or more difficult I can't say. It is a different system

And now with  patch 2....I have my mouse panning back.  Had to set up my axis (axis's? axees? axi?) for the mouse in controller, but hey...I learned about re-mapping JS axis when 2.08 first came out