Author Topic: V2.08 is bunk  (Read 1928 times)

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« on: June 01, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »
:noid

I wanted to say worse but that's the only G rated term I could think of. My beef with this new version is this, My stick map no longer functions. I was able to use AH to sorta map it but most things would not work. No throttle or rudders also. What functions I was able to remap were lost after the Aces High crashed my computer. After a comp restart I would have to remap what I could all over again. I have done this 3 times so far. Now it's time to post my frustrations here on the board. I have a full CH Products HOTAS setup.

I'll keep an eye on the board in the hopes that someone posts a fix somewhere but I'm pretty sure that my "A" is riding the pine until V2.08 Patch 1 comes out.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:26:49 PM »
I had the same problem. However, in about two minutes, I figured everything out and got my setup exactly as it was in 2.07.

You just have to look around the settings to get a feel for everything.

Offline Teebox

• Zinc Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
Had to reset my jostick to default under mapping controls for it to recognize my throttle on the stick, then remap my buttons.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:03:33 PM »
I did that also. No joy. The buttons on the throttle can be reprogramed but the throttle itself doesn't work. Also just found that flaps are either 100%down or 100% up, nothing in between. Like I said in my first post, If I have to restart my computer it's back to square one.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Update help
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:11:12 PM »
I can figure it out but when AH puts a patch out they need to update the help page to work with the patch rather than us tryin to figure it out.  
  Or better yet tests would be in order, communications would be in order.  The last time we heard from AH was 4/25/06.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:31:14 PM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
I did that also. No joy. The buttons on the throttle can be reprogramed but the throttle itself doesn't work. Also just found that flaps are either 100%down or 100% up, nothing in between. Like I said in my first post, If I have to restart my computer it's back to square one.

the problem is the keyboard map is incomplete. map the keyboard keys & that will fix some of the problems & then set throttle 1 to Z-axis & the throttle should work. I have an X-52 & had to jump through hoops my man, most CH products are working well for folks.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »
There was a beta forum where you could download the new client and try it out. Bug reporting, strangeness etc.

Guess what, HTC is a small company; we are the testers. You can't seriously expect them to buy every joystick on the market let alone add in countless different drivers for each one.

It was great tonight to see the guys pitching in and sorting each other out, instead of "lolzor u n00b wtf u retard u cant config stick lolllzz!!!1111eleven!!!!!" one might expect from other games.

I know there are major probs with some sticks that AH just flat out refuses but there's allready been a couple of weeks when these issues could have been dealt with. So do your bit in future, grab the beta's and try 'em out!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »
Okay, hold on, take a breath. First we need to look at the basics.

You got a list of inputs. They include analog inputs (things that move) and buttons (things that just click). The problem is when it imports your old settings it doesn't do it right. You can still select the axis (the analog input) you want, and assign it the function you want. You can double click it or hit the MODIFY button. Assign it to what it used to be. Hit OK.

Then it works. See the box pop up when you double click (right side of picture)? You can scroll up and down in there and assign any of those to an analog input.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
Originally posted by Darkish
There was a beta forum where you could download the new client and try it out. Bug reporting, strangeness etc.

Guess what, HTC is a small company; we are the testers. You can't seriously expect them to buy every joystick on the market let alone add in countless different drivers for each one.

It was great tonight to see the guys pitching in and sorting each other out, instead of "lolzor u n00b wtf u retard u cant config stick lolllzz!!!1111eleven!!!!!" one might expect from other games.

I know there are major probs with some sticks that AH just flat out refuses but there's allready been a couple of weeks when these issues could have been dealt with. So do your bit in future, grab the beta's and try 'em out!

Guess what...I did. Guess what...no one answered my queries.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that Brenjen, Squaddie of mine is pulling his hair out over an X-52 too :furious - he can't even get the game to recognise button presses.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 10:22:31 PM »
Krusty - Yes, that will work. Sometimes. Not all of my functions can be set this way. For example, I have a SHIFT key on my stick. In V2.07, to talk on channel I press button 5 to talk on range I press SHIFT + button 5. The AH mapping routine doesn't have a SHIFT setting that I can see.  Also, having to re map every button each time I turn the computer on is a PITA

I did manage to log on with out crashing and up an ostie for a short time. You should see all the crying on country channel and hear it on range. One guy (with a history of crying) really had his panties in a wad. F'this...F'that....blaming HTC for everything from crop circles to his erectile dysfunction. LOL

Originally posted by Krusty
Okay, hold on, take a breath. First we need to look at the basics.

You got a list of inputs. They include analog inputs (things that move) and buttons (things that just click). The problem is when it imports your old settings it doesn't do it right. You can still select the axis (the analog input) you want, and assign it the function you want. You can double click it or hit the MODIFY button. Assign it to what it used to be. Hit OK.

Then it works. See the box pop up when you double click (right side of picture)? You can scroll up and down in there and assign any of those to an analog input.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »
My hat switches aren't being recognized in flight.....they are in the tower....

the keyboard numbers won't change views either...

and my mouse panning will not work..period.

frustrating as hell.

can anyone say   2.08 patch 1?

sure...I knew you could

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 10:32:16 PM »
HTC is a small company, that is correct. I, however, am not a beta tester. I'm just a guy that likes to fly WWII planes online because I'm to poor to buy my own P-51. Making your customers do your product testing is a bad thing IMHO. Just look at what happened to CANONDALE.

Originally posted by Darkish

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 10:44:12 PM »
HTC is a small company, that is correct. I, however, am not a beta tester. I'm just a guy that likes to fly WWII planes online because I'm to poor to buy my own P-51.

get a real job

Making your customers do your product testing is a bad thing IMHO. Just look at what happened to CANONDALE.

wtf is CANONDALE? Look what happened to Ultima Online... beta'd online, changed, porked, spindled, mutilated, sold, changed, spindled, mutilated, nerfed and it still makes money in it's beta? state  *sigh*

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
V2.08 is bunk
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 11:00:02 PM »
Booz...So by your remarks I take it your life has been economically fruitful enough that you have about 5 mil saved up to buy and maintain a P-51 for the next 10-15 years???????????  God I wish I could be like you:noid
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group