Author Topic: israel in war  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »
Norway today decided to give 100million NOK extra to gaza.. that brings the total to 600mil NOK this year.

Before yall go nutz the money does not go to the government there, but to norwegian red cross centeres there and basic foods/ medicines for those.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2006, 01:10:01 PM »
Only problem with the *clever diplomacy* Nilsen is Hizbollah doesnt want Israel to exist. They would glady wipe out every single Israeli.....man, woman and child.  Sad, but true.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2006, 01:15:04 PM »
HHmmm seems to me to be interesting here. Isreal gets invaded and attacked with an unproviked surprise attrack that kills soldiers and kidnaps others. Now it's Isreal getting criticised about responding???? WTF is the criticism for the innitial attack, not to mention the other rocket attacks that happen in Isreali territory.

If lebanon was so freaking innocent, why did they allow a terrorist group to virtually fortify an area with arms then allow an attack on Isreal from their land?

Seems to me that you can roll over only so many time before you just have to kick the **** out of the person who won't leave you alone. The UN certainly won't hold them back so Isreal really has no choice but to defend itself.

I say good luck and good hunting Isreal. We need to fire up the logistics train and get ready to provide support for them. It's damn straight that syria, iran and lebanon aren't going to be very much of an ally of the US, we need to make sure we have a good and strong one in the ME and that happens to be Isreal.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Only problem with the *clever diplomacy* Nilsen is Hizbollah doesnt want Israel to exist. They would glady wipe out every single Israeli.....man, woman and child.  Sad, but true.

Oh yes.. no doubt about that.

But we all know that they do operate with the Lebanese governments """blessing""".  That government is not in love with Israel, but they do have some say in the movements of the hizbolla even if they may claim not to. Destroying their infrastructure will not help things.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
HHmmm seems to me to be interesting here. Isreal gets invaded and attacked with an unproviked surprise attrack that kills soldiers and kidnaps others. Now it's Isreal getting criticised about responding???? WTF is the criticism for the innitial attack, not to mention the other rocket attacks that happen in Isreali territory.

If lebanon was so freaking innocent, why did they allow a terrorist group to virtually fortify an area with arms then allow an attack on Isreal from their land?

Seems to me that you can roll over only so many time before you just have to kick the **** out of the person who won't leave you alone. The UN certainly won't hold them back so Isreal really has no choice but to defend itself.

I say good luck and good hunting Isreal. We need to fire up the logistics train and get ready to provide support for them. It's damn straight that syria, iran and lebanon aren't going to be very much of an ally of the US, we need to make sure we have a good and strong one in the ME and that happens to be Isreal.

Everyone here is against the Hizbollas initial action and if you belive that some support it then make this post a statement of the oposite.

Nobody here is saying that it is wrong for Israel to respond.... its the MASSIVE responce that we dont agree on.

Bomb hizbhollas camps... great (even if you may risk killing the captured soldiers.. they are prolly dead tho)

I strongly feel that the infrastructure and powerplants that supports the CIVILIANS is wrong. Over 100 dead civilians is not IMO a well preportioned response.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
Destroying the infrastructure puts pressure on the Lebanese gov't. Hopefully it puts enough pressure on them so that they actually take care of their side of the border like they are suppossed to.

The massive response from Israel is what it will take (imo) to force the Lebanese gov't to keep their side of the border from being one big fortified base for groups like Hizbollah.

And, I just read somewhere, that the Lebanese Army is preparing for a counterattack to push the Israelis out of Lebanon. The Lebanese army has no hope of beating the IDF in battle.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 01:28:53 PM »
Nilsen,

To win a war you must destroy the enemy, their ability or will to fight. In this case the infrastructure you are whining about happens to be exactly how they armed up the area and how they resupply. They also have been rather callous about setting up a military operation inside of the civilian populationliving space. Kind of hard to totally avoid civilian casualties when the enemy hides inside their cities and towns.

The absolute best way to get the conflict over with it to use overwhelming force and end it as fast as possible rather than draw it out by being overly cautious or overly concerned with how much force is used on the enemy. You can't win the war with kindness.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2006, 01:37:06 PM »
I strongly feel that the infrastructure and powerplants that supports the CIVILIANS is wrong.

Nilsen, that very same infrastructure and powerplants helps support the Lebanese gov't and Hizbollah. Destroying it hurts them too.

I know, it hurts innocents as well. I don't like that fact anymore than you do. The innocents only have the Lebanese gov't and Hizbollah to blame. Although they will probably blame Israel instead.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Nilsen,

To win a war you must destroy the enemy, their ability or will to fight. In this case the infrastructure you are whining about happens to be exactly how they armed up the area and how they resupply. They also have been rather callous about setting up a military operation inside of the civilian populationliving space. Kind of hard to totally avoid civilian casualties when the enemy hides inside their cities and towns.

The absolute best way to get the conflict over with it to use overwhelming force and end it as fast as possible rather than draw it out by being overly cautious or overly concerned with how much force is used on the enemy. You can't win the war with kindness.

Thats were we differ.. first of all i dont whine, im just like so many other times here pissing against the wind :D I try to do it in a civil manner without tossin insults around (not pointing the finger at you this time Mav). Its just that every time civilians are hurt then the pity always falls on those that are you "our/your" side but those on the "other" side are just inevetable casualties of war.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2006, 01:44:27 PM »
Nilsen, that very same infrastructure and powerplants helps support the Lebanese gov't and Hizbollah. Destroying it hurts them too.

I know, it hurts innocents as well. I don't like that fact anymore than you do. The innocents only have the Lebanese gov't and Hizbollah to blame. Although they will probably blame Israel instead.

Yup the attacks hurt the hiz and the government that may support them... yet the first and majority of casualties are always innocent. They are reduced to pawns in a game were they always loose.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2006, 01:49:47 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Yup the attacks hurt the hiz and the government that may support them... yet the first and majority of casualties are always innocent. They are reduced to pawns in a game were they always loose.

Isnt that the case in every war Nilsen? The innocents are the first and majority of casualties and pawns in a game they always lose. War sucks for everyone.

They should all sit down and have a hamburger together imo. Maybe share some bbq'd ribs. Hard to kill the guy you just ate lunch with.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
Isnt that the case in every war Nilsen? The innocents are the first and majority of casualties and pawns in a game they always lose. War sucks for everyone.

They should all sit down and have a hamburger together imo. Maybe share some bbq'd ribs. Hard to kill the guy you just ate lunch with.

That is the policy of our government actually and they have recieved plenty of ack for it. We accepted officials from hizbholla and many other organisations that are labled terrorists. Its their polity to never deny anyone a place/forum and try to start a dialogue. We have never bowed for international preassure for this policy. The results are ofcourse not revolutionary, but every party in any conflict know by now that they have a medium on neutral ground to try and mend things. The so called Oslo treaty from many years back worked.....for a while. The secret talks between the Tamil Tigres and the govenment in Sri Lanka worked... for awhile and there may stil be a shread of hope there..

The point of the government is to never close channels however grusom the partys invoved may be.

This policy will always be an unpolupar one by many, but I beilve its the right thing to do.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
Now im on my way to becoming drunk (enter lazs for the usual comment on my "alcoholism" :D ) and my mood is great. Its the last day of my holiday and tomorrow ill take the family sailing home. Its been 14 great days sailing out of our summer house but its over for now.

Have a nice day and enjoy the hot summer nigts. I wont discuss this any more until im sober so this is my closing statement for tonight.

I have a bottle of glenlivit 15yo and plenty of ice to last me way into the wee hours. :) The missus and I have put Mia to bed and the BBQ is cooking some nice salmon.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »
Nilsen

You must adopt me soon before you open that bottle.... Did I mention that MY daughters name is Mia?  Well Michelle, but she goes by Mia... she 24, stunningly attractive....

Don't open the bottle yet.

I can fax adoption papers and be on a jet in 1 hour.

Mac

Always wanted to see Norwie, Norweign.. watermelon Finnland.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
israel in war
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
I'm trying to remember the last time a Jewish Militant walked into a Palistinian market place and exploded a bomb... or when a Jew attacked a Palistinian Airport lobby,  when was the last  time Jews had captured Palistinian Olympic Members and killed them?  (Munchen)

Please read your History. Prior to 1948 no Middle Eastern Country wanted anything to do with the Palistinains.. they were rebuked by Egypt, Syria and others.  No one wanted to be associated with them... they were nothing until the Jews were reestablished in 1948.  Returned to they're land..

There was a great Documentary on this.. I wish I could find it again.

But in all in all... Israel is protecting itself and I wish them well, supportive.
Irans President needs to drop the opium pipe.... So far he's claimed the the Holocost never happened and it was a lie. That Israel need to be wiped off the face of the Earth... Syria has laffed in our face by supporting and sending insurgents from Syria into Iraq to disrupt all.

North Korea is just like a chained up stray dog, barking and growling to get attention.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mac

How about the massacre in the Ibrahimi Mosque in 1994?

A nut is a nut no matter what nationality.