Author Topic: US judge rules wiretaps illegal  (Read 4248 times)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
US judge rules wiretaps illegal
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »
Rule #3247

You cannot complain about deaths in Iraq but dismiss other deaths by terrorism through auto fatality comparisons.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I heard about it. They were wrong.

And they're still wrong.

Despite court orders to do so, they are not returning the firearms. The city was just rejected on an attempt to dismiss the lawsuit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »
And when the judge rules to give them their firearms back, GW can give the generic quote:

"I would say that those who herald this decision simply do not understand the nature of the world in which we live"
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »
I suspect that's something Ray "there ain't no 2nd Amendment in N.O." Nagin would say.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2006, 08:47:41 AM »
sandie does have the simple solution... get a friggin warrant.

I would have to say that the normal cop must be pretty dumb or brave or both then if he goes around bare faced for all of us to see.

He arrests the same drug dealers and thugs and crazed rave murderers as the ninjas do.

How many of the ninjas have been hunted down by crazed rave attenders and been murdered in their sleep?   How many citizens have the ninjas murdered serving grenade greeting wee hour warrants?

I really think that there is little use for mask wearing secret police in the U.S.   I think that federal marshalls could handle anything that came up.

lazs

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I suspect that's something Ray "there ain't no 2nd Amendment in N.O." Nagin would say.

Did he actually say that ?

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2006, 09:18:26 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Question: the 'people of Middle Eastern extraction' that we keep finding buying masses of cell phones--- the obvious intent here is: use the phone...1-2 calls, throw it away. (They have bought over a THOUSAND that we KNOW about) Following current wiretap rules, I don't believe we will be able to legally eavesdrop on any terrorist cells using this method inside our country..., be they citizen of foreigner....does that bother anyone?

Those cheap-o phones are also used to remotely detonate IED's...

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
Those cheap-o phones are also used to remotely detonate IED's...

Yes as well as sold  to gas stations so they can make money...

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Heres fascism for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJxf6iLbsk&mode=related&search=

From those simple 4 words, you've proven that you do not know what fascism is.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2006, 11:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Did he actually say that ?

That is not a quote, it's a misuse of quotation marks.