Author Topic: Spit16  (Read 4244 times)

Offline gripen

• Silver Member
Spit16
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2006, 02:36:15 AM »
Well, as noted elsewhere the AH XVI is technically a LF IX; the 2nd FTH should be higher for the Merlin 266 than for the Merlin 66 (the difference being around 1500ft, not a big issue).

gripen

Offline Viper9th

• Zinc Member
Spit16
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2006, 07:15:41 AM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
it is uber and should be perked or something i meen i just can't understand how something with clipped wings can turn so well but yet die to my niki so easily hehehe better yet by my 38 every now and then.:D

Niki outturns spit 16.

Offline Viper9th

• Zinc Member
Spit16
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2006, 07:16:25 AM »
And as for spits, HTC ADD the 90 and 60 GALLON DROP TANKS!!!

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Spit16
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2006, 07:41:30 AM »
spifire 16 does not turn tight enough for me to fly it.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Spit16
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2006, 08:20:26 PM »
Originally posted by duh
spifire 16 does not turn tight enough for me to fly it.
:huh

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Spit16
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2006, 06:18:57 AM »
well, i was fliping through the channels, and I ran into this thing called spitfire ace, there supposed to simulate what it would have been like to train and fly during ww2. BUt when the showed the guy that was going to fly the spit, for some reason i said"what a dweeb".:lol

Offline Knegel

• Nickel Member
Spit16
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 01:46:36 AM »
Hi,

i miss the bad stall/spin behaviour of the CW Spit. Its fast, thats ok, it climb good, thats also ok, it roll good that for sure ok, but to make it a super forgiven stall fighter is against what i did read. Same like the La7, F4U(no matter which), Temp and Typhoon, i realy wonder where the incredible e-storage comes from.  Planes like the 190īs, P47īs, which had more weight(inertia) and same or more power(than the Spit) lose much more energy while a smooth upzoom out of highspeed.

The Spit16, like the La7, F4U-4 and Temp are in no way energy fighters in AH, they are incredible powerplanes, the pilot dont need to take care for his stage of energy. If he get attacked by a higher 190, P47 or P51 he only need to gain a bit speed, barrelroll, then he is almost same fast behind the former faster enemy, every turn of the enemy bring you fast closer, so that the enemy only can use its speed to run for distance. Only if the attacker is close to supersonic he can gain alt for the next attack, but then its almost impossible to gain a kill.
In this relation the Spit16 is less lame than the La7, Temp and F4U, at least i can outrun a Spit16 in most cases, same like the Ki84. ;)

Energy fights in fighters like the 190s, P51, P47 or P40 simply dont work vs this powerplanes, which hang on their props like a heli. Even the mighty Spit14 looks poor in this relation.  

No comment to the super US flaps. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what would the rookis do without very good planes?? Real good pilots dont use this planes very often cause its pretty boring after some time and rookis need this planes to keep their fun up.

Maybe the perk system should work the other way around. As better the pilot as less good planes are available. :D
Land a plane with more than 6 kills per default ammoload and the plane will get dissabled for you. :D

Greetings,

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spit16
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2006, 12:11:28 PM »
Whats wrong with the 16? I fly it because its the best weapon for main in the game. Handles E very well and can go toe to toe with anything in the hanger. Its the one plane that i can E fight and turn with a zeke. Does this make me a worse pilot i dont think so. Creton has the da down and his f4u is a monster in the da under the perfect merge. The 16 stands out in main with its great climb and guns. I feel better with people above me because with some time and great moves i can take that adv away and kill.  Any plane with a good pilot can be uber all it takes is some practice.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Spit16
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
well, i was fliping through the channels, and I ran into this thing called spitfire ace, there supposed to simulate what it would have been like to train and fly during ww2. BUt when the showed the guy that was going to fly the spit, for some reason i said"what a dweeb".:lol
What other a/c besides the Hurrie was available for the time period in GB? The time period being BoB.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Spit16
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
that flap/stall thing had an impact on all planes, get out of your 38 sometimes :noid
now posting as SirNuke

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Spit16
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by MiloMorai
What other a/c besides the Hurrie was available for the time period in GB? The time period being BoB.

wat?