Author Topic: HT, Donut map FT  (Read 3813 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »
guess its time to follow up and take donut out of rotation.

Rooks have taken all of FT again, 3 bases and 25k mountains, make it
near impossible to retake. so 3/4s of clients now out of FT fun.

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:38:43 AM »
maybe some joint Bish/Kinght ops to return it back to normal this evening?
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
I'm in.

Lemme know.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 11:43:14 AM »
Originally posted by whels

And what would be improved by that? Still no FT Iīd guess

And by the way, the only reason those "heroes" (who turned out to be exactly the names I have suspected) capture FT bases is ATTENTION. If people wouldnīt cry without end whole day long, it would be no fun to them & it would happen less often. When FT is up, I fly there a lot. But when I saw how things went a few hours ago, I did not up (spoiling their vulches) and now I just fly elsewhere. I donīt like what happened, but i donīt let my fun be ruined  by a few *insert inappropriate language here*  If Iīd whine on 200, I would give them just the thing they are looking for...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Baylor

• Copper Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 11:50:28 AM »
ive switched countries twice so far to help put things back in order, let me know, im game.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 12:01:59 PM »
Some guy said in the morning after rooks captured all FT:" With 3 A-bases in FT, the rooks can't get reset, "

Is that true? how many bases reset this  map?:(

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »
Skuzzy could simply reset the arena and have FT start all over again ... very simple resolution.

That should be SOP ... one country takes all 3 FT bases ... as soon as Skuzzy finds out ... he reset the arena and it all starts over again.

Lusche ... there will always be FT griefers, regardless if you pay attention to them on not.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 12:41:36 PM »
Originally posted by whels

Rooks have taken all of FT again, 3 bases and 25k mountains, make it
near impossible to retake. so 3/4s of clients now out of FT fun.

Exactly what the air Quake, greifers want Whels.  Kinda tough with the inmates running the asylum these days :(
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 12:42:23 PM »
i'll be on about 530-6pm est. is that a good time to get things rollin?
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
Some guy said in the morning after rooks captured all FT:" With 3 A-bases in FT, the rooks can't get reset, "

Is that true? how many bases reset this  map?:(

Map is reset at 3 bases left, there is no tactical reason to take FT. It is just griefing, that is all.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Lusche ... there will always be FT griefers, regardless if you pay attention to them on not.

I wont disagree about that
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »
If one fails to defend bases, one loses same. With all the furballers that were at FT when I was I would think they should of been able to defend if they were so inclined. Unless they had all logged or went to other areas of the main of course so there was nobody to stop the toolshedders.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
If one fails to defend bases, one loses same. With all the furballers that were at FT when I was I would think they should of been able to defend if they were so inclined. Unless they had all logged or went to other areas of the main of course so there was nobody to stop the toolshedders.

So you'd qualify as a griefer then?

The notion of FT as I understand it, was a place where the fighter guys could duke it out with other fighters, generally on the deck in one big furball.  Having to contend with vulchers, toolshedders and formations of buffs wasn't really the idea.

Again it speaks to the crowd that is determined to ruin other folks fun just because.    FT isn't neccesary to capture the map so there is no need to take the bases, yet folks like yourself see some need to interfere there with the fun of others.

Your words speak volumes about the MA mentality these days however.  Kinda sad really.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 02:00:43 PM »
If it's so hard to capture, then how did a single country conquer the entire FT in the first place? Were your own horde guys somewhere else hitting empty bases? Pleas for help to defend FT fall on deaf ears?

*snicker* Man, it sucks, don't it?

Just like it sucks when people defending other bases asks for help to all the guys in FT to come down and help defend bases, and the FT guys just merrily ignores it all and have their own fun, leaving the rest of the country under the bloody grip of the enemy horde.

Comes around, goes around.

Like Nightshift says, just make a Bish/Knit Co-op and evict all them Rooks outta FT.

....oh wait.. this sounds like 'strat' thingy or 'tactical' thingy. FT guys hate strat/tactical stuff.. they like furballs, right? So FT lovers can't possibly start any organized co-effort to deal with a common enemy who took away their playground.

Yup, you guys are on the right track! When one country starts conquering FT with force, run straight to the boards and cry about it. Maybe the developers will instantly intervene and solve all the problems for all the FT lovers (who obviously don't love it enough to try and take it back with organized force of their own)

*snicker*

Man, my cynics hormone levels are way high tonight.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »
The notion of FT as I understand it, was a place where the fighter guys could duke it out with other fighters, generally on the deck in one big furball. Having to contend with vulchers, toolshedders and formations of buffs wasn't really the idea.

Like a bird sanctuary?

Again it speaks to the crowd that is determined to ruin other folks fun just because. FT isn't neccesary to capture the map so there is no need to take the bases, yet folks like yourself see some need to interfere there with the fun of others.

Because the birds can't defend their own nests? Geez, were they chickens?

Your words speak volumes about the MA mentality these days however. Kinda sad really.

Indeed. Perhaps we should ask HT to put an electrical fence around the bird sanctuary some folks like to call 'Fighter Town' . That'd protect all the chickens, since it is apparent the chickens can't do it themselves.

While we're at it, I want to ask HT to put around a force field around my plane. It's no fun when I get shot down. It seems somone always has some need to interfere with my fun. I mean, who are they kidding here? Do they actually expect me to protect myself from getting shotdown?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 02:09:44 PM by Kweassa »