Author Topic: HT, Donut map FT  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2006, 06:52:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
hornet... I have no idea what you are talking about.. the early war planes are the best experiance...  Have you tried em in there?  

You have to come in low and head for a clump of planes.   you can easily dodge at least one or two of the timid la7 or spit 16 guys who then set themselves up to be chased down or picked by like minded timid guys.

I believe that the hurri, Fm2,109e/f, and hellcat do well down low as does the spit 5 and 8/9   I probly kill 2 or three la7's for every one that finaly gets that lucky head on shot or makes it's 3rd pass at me while I am engaged with 3 other cons.

The late war planes don't strain anything.... you either dive in and run away or you spend too much e and another late war plane that is higher e chases you down and kills you.

You are of course welcome to dive in and out of the furball in a late war plane or...  straff the runway...  but why bother?  you can do the exact same thing in the MA.

I guess if you are really worried about your score or stats then the FT is something different tho.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

If you want challenging fights it is better to encourage your enemies to fly the best planes available. Yourself upping in a slow early war plane makes sense - a high skilled thrillseeker would desire such a constraint - but if your opponent also comes at you in a similar early plane type...that waters down the challenge you face to win, as that airplane cannot kill you as easily as a Spit16 or Niki can.
Hornet

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2006, 11:05:36 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
e23576964  I am sorry but... there really is only a couple of ways to capture fields...  sneak or whorde.  To compare what the strat girls do here to chess is an insult to anyone who has ever played chess.
As you so often do, ignore the clearly spelled out point and throw an insult instead.  I expected no less.
The only legit comparisson is that it can be slow and tedious.  In a furball... you have to think much more quickly and you have to judge the e states of multiple enemies while knowing yours along with the performance parameters of all the planes involved.
I disagree with your assessment.  If you are in a fast and furious furball, you are not thinking, but rather acting and reacting.  If you stop to "think", you get picked.  I'm sure it took you a long time to get there, but you instinctively know what to do and just do it without thinking.  Good for you.  But for me, simply acting and reacting is not my kind of entertainment.  The "rush" wears off for me after a while.  

When planning / executing a base capture, you don't have any idea what you might or might not run into.  The uncertainty builds suspense/tension.  Maybe no one ups to defend, in which case the capture is routine and boring.  Maybe another squad ups to defend, and it turns into a 45 minute back-and-forth fight.  When we play base defense, will we outlast the attack, or will we get overwhelmed?  We don't know.  That is what is fun to me.  In Fighter town, you know what you are going to get - lots of planes to shoot at and who will shoot at you.  Again, fun as an occasional diversion for me, but not enough to keep my interest forever.
Why bother to have so many planes in the game if you were only going to do strat?   You would only need to know basic things about each and even less about how they compared.
You truly show your ignorance here regarding plane use in the world beyond the furball.  No need to elaborate.  Besides, if this was truly your goal, you would chose a plane that does nothing particularly well so you could put that knowledge to the test.  Instead you usually fly the plane with a tighter turn radius than the majority of the planes you find in FT, then stay low and slow inviting others into a style of fighting in which you have the advantage.  Pot meet kettle.
It just seems laughable that the strat girls and timid B&Z types all strive so hard to convince themselves and others that they are doing something that takes skill and some kind of machiavelian ability.....
Continuing with the show of ignorance.  There are plenty of good fights and good fighters in the "wider world".  True, some aren't willing to fight and run, but then, those usually aren't playing the base-capture game.  They're vulching and score-whoring, which is different.  And how would the "timid B&Zrs" differ from the cherry pickers found in the furball?  What is the "Machiavellian" skill required to furball at all?  Another pot meets kettle moment.

The one skill that is required for the base capture game is the ability to work with others.  Usually this means being civil toward them - something you show here on the BBs that you are not interested in.  In the furball you are free to do whatever you want regardless as there is no goal that requires cooperation to achieve.  Fine for some, others prefer interaction beyond shooting at targets.  It isn't an "earth shaking" ability, but one you choose to ignore.  Again, you limit yourself while accusing others of the same.
Time has shown that all these people eventually abandon those pursuits because... they are boring.
Your opinion, many have a different one -- something for some reason you are unable to accept.
The fight is the thing.... everything else is an excuse to get into a fight.
But you don't even need the excuse, which to me is one-dimensional thinking.  You enjoy the "action flick" of the furball, I prefer the "suspense thriller" of the base capture.  You enjoy the world against yourself, I enjoy the cooperation with others toward a common goal.  To each his own -- room for all.:aok  Again, why you can't accept that is beyond comprehension.

But, I don't even expect you to read this, let alone expect you appreciate there are opinions other than your own, so this is my last post in this thread.  I doubt I could make any of this any clearer, so no point in trying.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2006, 08:19:13 AM »
straffo...if you pretend to be a girl and I buy it...  I probly am a homo at that point.

e2569886557...    No, you are missing the point... even while you are part of it.    I have no interest in the field capture... what you think is gripping, suspense filled drama of "who will give out first" is nothing more than the "defenders" being guys looking for a fight.

so long as the fight stays decent... the fh's stay up and the field is not totaly capped.... I will take off and kill the attackers.   When it get's boring, I leave and go to another field and let you have it.

It is just as bad when I go to what looks like a good fight... I don't feel the tension you feel.... just bored...  when I get there after a long boring flight... I find that the big red bar is gone... nothing there but green planes and ded FH's and... some flaks..  If a plane comes in... it takes 5 or 6 of these machievelian "attackers" to mob him and kill him after taking 10 times longer than it should.

hornet...  the best planes in the FT are anti ft...  they simply do what they do in the rest of the MA....  It is easy to defeat one but difficult to dodge too many of em... they will without fail clump up and come at you Head on in a group all firing cannon or...  wait till you or anyone is tied up to take a sissy little kick and run.  

There is safety in numbers tho.. the fight stratifies...  the furball is low with a layer of pickers..   the pickers may or may not be able to set up a shot in the swirling mass but.. if he tries to use any acm... tries to turn... his late war monster becomes a coffin for the other pickers waiting... since he is much easier to pick for them than someone who can dodge.

I think it would be more fun if the FT were early war only...  the rest of the arena is allready nothing but late war...  and why not?   lots of areas in the war had less than the latest and greatest planes.

lazs

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Nope hasn't changed in the least, the exat same stuff was happening in AW when I started playing over 16 years ago.

HiTech

Amen your spelling impairedness.  Same ole crap just different idiots doing it.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.