Author Topic: HT, Donut map FT  (Read 3811 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Some one please dig up my comments about the map right after it was released, and see if my concerns at that time were well founded?

HiTech

Isn't the point for everyone to try to piss everyone else off? This means donut is good, right? :)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2006, 02:13:37 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
So you'd qualify as a griefer then?

The notion of FT as I understand it, was a place where the fighter guys could duke it out with other fighters, generally on the deck in one big furball.  Having to contend with vulchers, toolshedders and formations of buffs wasn't really the idea.

Again it speaks to the crowd that is determined to ruin other folks fun just because.    FT isn't neccesary to capture the map so there is no need to take the bases, yet folks like yourself see some need to interfere there with the fun of others.

Your words speak volumes about the MA mentality these days however.  Kinda sad really.

I only qualify as a griefer if you are one also. I was there in Ki-84s and Corsairs.
Unless you concider yourself superior somehow and all those that don't follow your Shining Path are a sub-level varient of a cartoon plane player. Yeah, I know...you do.

And now per Mars you get to be refered to As Holers.

Regards

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
I only qualify as a griefer if you are one also. I was there in Ki-84s and Corsairs.
Unless you concider yourself superior somehow and all those that don't follow your Shining Path are a sub-level varient of a cartoon plane player. Yeah, I know...you do.

Regards

cleary you don't know corky at all.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2006, 03:42:26 PM »
Semper in Excretio, Solumn Profundum Variat

eeeekkkk ! detch01 it's disgusting :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »
Proof is in the pudding.....
Corky is a well known AH Pilot with Honor and Class
You are.. ummm.. what's your name again??
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »
Never saw a design for the map.

Acctualy I didn't ever get a chance to see this map in any way until it was already being tested in the backup arena.

The not getting to see it is entirerly my fault, and is corrected for future terrains.

Some one please dig up my comments about the map right after it was released, and see if my concerns at that time were well founded?

HiTech

You did say ...

cav, if the donut map were to leave, it is because it creates sutch a rift between the different type of players.

In your comming in here saying the sky is falling, you will be exasterbating that issue, hence if anything you would be acctualy promoting the posible demise of the donut map.

Finaly Skuzzy does not make the dissions of what maps we use and do not use. There for skuzzy was not going to boot it. Nor would he have said he would be.

HiTech

and in the same thread ...

Some what true but My view point is now.

Give the customer what he wants, not what he asked for.

HiTech

So you made the right decision ... you kept donut and now you have  taken steps to prevent the griefing of FT ... WTFG !!!

You gave the customer what he wants.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Semper in Excretio, Solumn Profundum Variat

eeeekkkk ! detch01 it's disgusting :D

LOL it is - but it's also true.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
Btw as I've seen tonight this map doesn't solve the hording phenomenon it even accentuate it !

All I've seen was :

-3 hordes on each country (obviously not facing each other as it would have been dangerous for the horde-warrior).

-an hamster wheel in the middle.

Fortunatly Cerberos,Wilbus,Apar and Hajo where having fun in one part of the map,I killed , got killed and it was fun it remembered me  how this game was played before the AW invasion.

Salute to Cerberos,Wilbus,Apar,Hajo I had not such a fun since a long.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »
cav, if the donut map were to leave, it is because it creates sutch a rift between the different type of players.

I could be missing something but......the only rift I see being caused is by those who claim their countries *resources* are being wasted at FT. Those people are angry that others arent helping them to *win the war*.

You just dont see the FT folks screaming for the Strat folks to come to FT to help.

Those observations are from the game, not this BBS where discussions can get rather heated.

HiTech I hope you never take the Donut map away from us. Many of us love donut map and look forward to it in the rotation far more than any other map.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El

Regards

Having known Dan/Slack/+Tiff/Corky/Guppy35 for nearly 8 years now, at least, I can say you could not possibly be more wrong if you had gone out and made every effort. The guy is one of the few true gentlemen of the game and of the community. And he always has been. I count myself VERY lucky to call him friend. He's the LAST person I can think of who would be a griefer.

With regards to the subject at hand, there's no doubt at all who the griefers are in this situation. Anyone who would be so thoughtless as to capture the FT area of the donut map is without a doubt a griefer.

I play the game both ways, I play the base capture side as well as the furball side. What truly pisses me off is for people (and there are some here in this thread, and they know exactly who they are) to DEMAND that I go and do what THEY want to do with MY time, and those people who would intentionally try to prevent others from playing their side of the game by doing something so thoughtless and stupid as bombing, vulching, or capturing bases in a small area that contains 3 bases of absolutely no real strategic value.

To go and either bomb, vulch, or capture those three bases at FT because the people there won't do what you want only shows ignorance and arrogance.

As a Rook myself, I'm saddened that some Rooks did something like that, but knowing some of the Rooks and how upset they get because this map comes around and some of us like to spend OUR TIME at FT, it does not surprise me at all. I will say there are Knights and Bishops that would do it if they had the chance. I hope none of my friends were involved.

I'll say this, I'll be the first to say that if/when I do get time to come back, if the same thing happens again, I'll be among the very first to help organize as many furballers, or "a"holers, as possible to conduct retaliation raids.

Like I said, I play both as a base taker and as a furballer. I'll be damned if I'll tamely submit while some griefer decides to force me to play the game he/they want.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
from wat i hear the FT was reset.  When the TT at 25k is taken it isn't reset.  On that map there is almost no other GVing.  That means that a portion of the AH comunity is being left out for the 6-2 next days.  Is there some way that we could get resets if TT is taken.

I'm not good with map names but there is a small map with a land mass in the middle.  If i'm correct each team has a large base and a vbase that spawns to a town in the middle.  On this map could we have ord disabled at the large airbases.  I get tired of being bombed with 300ft lancs.  Even if we can shoot them down they come right back because of all the kills to be had.
Can u disable ord at those base and possibly troops. TY

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »
Straffo.......you and Wilbuz had me in tears I was laughing so hard.  Then...I read on text chk6 from cerberos.  LOL It was a great time.

Gents...if you want proof of griefers here is some that will be backed up by Wilbuz.  

Wilbus, Cerberos and I were on at the same time.  We asked where each other was and we decided to find a Bish and knit base close so that we could fight.  Now mind you the decision on which bases we were going to up from were on channel 200.  The bases were 199 Knit and 36 Bish.  After a few minutes of having great fights Lancasters show up to hit the Fhs at Bish A36 field.  Wilbuz and I both over 200 berated this person for spoiling a fun time away from anyone else on the map.  Apar logged on then it became a two on two...then Straffo showed and JEBUS for the knits. Now we have a great 3 0n 3 battle......until.......until ...on this isolated part of the map....someone decided we were having to much fun.  All of us logged in disgust.  A36 fhs were down and the field was vulched.  Party over.

I don't want to dictate how the game should be played.  Not my style.  Everyone pays their 15 dollars to play and should use the game as they see fit.  Want to horde...do so.  Want to capture bases hell go ahead your money.  Consideration?  Priceless.....and very rare.  

Consideration....example..... you've a flat tire on your automobile, you're not upset because people pass by and don't offer help.  You don't expect any. You know they've got important things to do.  Besides...you can change the tire easily.  Then...from nowhere someone stops to offer help.  Not asked for, they just offered their help.  Consideration.

I guess this sometimes is a me first community?  All styles of play are available.  Play as you like....but consideration for others in the game would be nice also.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:21:42 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »
I DID like Kweassa's idea about an FT with just early war planes :aok
Also--the maps with the big gv fights in middle consume a similar % of each countrys' peeps, it's just that there is no dar-bar to advertise it--and the same azzwipes come in and capture all the bases to try and force the 'non-contributors' to come down and help them battle buildings. As does Virgil, I do the strat thing some days, dogfight in jug other days-- and if some 14 year old puke tries to FORCE me to help him battle buildings by taking away my fun--I'll log or join other side for remainder of evening.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »
I'm not good with map names but there is a small map with a land mass in the middle. If i'm correct each team has a large base and a vbase that spawns to a town in the middle. On this map could we have ord disabled at the large airbases. I get tired of being bombed with 300ft lancs. Even if we can shoot them down they come right back because of all the kills to be had.

Slayr

The map you are talking about is D'Isles.

The problem at D'Isles is that all the airbases that fringe your TT area are tactically important and very much so.  To do as you ask is in fact taking important flexibility from a very large player group and would be intolerable. The situation you have described is one of the reasons Donut was designed like it is.

The Hole in the Donut is totally different.  There is absolutely no tactical advantage in capturing or operating from the bases there in any normal circumstance, so disabling troop carriers inconveniences no player with what I would perceive as an ordinary interest in the game.

The other map that features a Tank Town is similarly handicapped.  The designer made the vbases there tactically important by allowing gvs to spawn out.  This means to a strat player they represent a threat or opportunity depending upon circumstances.  Simply removing the outward spawns would render its TT completely harmless and it would be gladly ignored by the regular Strat players.

The TT on D'Isles was an addition as it was upgraded to AH2 standard.   It was an add-in attraction or bonus that can't be isolated without a major reworking.  I could design a map that would cater to TT and FT afficionados as well as strat players but believe me that won't happen in any hurry.  The whole experience is sooooooooooo negative but I won't bore you with that.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
HT, Donut map FT
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:18 AM »
Ummm Dantoo please look at my map in the "It's been a bit but I'm back at it"

I've tried to make it all fit togeather let me know what you think. And anyone else...    I should have included (New map) in the title :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!