Author Topic: Foley-gate congressional perv  (Read 2961 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Foley-gate congressional perv
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
IMO this should transcend party lines. If it becomes known people (in any party) covered up for this guy, they should be removed from office and possibly prosecuted. End of story. Maybe Clinton did get away with things as morally reprehensible. It doesn't give anyone else a free pass, Foley or any who covered up for Foley.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
IMO this should transcend party lines. If it becomes known people (in any party) covered up for this guy, they should be removed from office and possibly prosecuted. End of story. Maybe Clinton did get away with things as morally reprehensible. It doesn't give anyone else a free pass, Foley or any who covered up for Foley.

I've read that when it was reported to him the speaker reported it to the authorities. What more should he have done?

Clinton got away with worse imo but that excuses no one.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 04:55:33 PM »
Comparing Clinton to Foley is like comparing JFK to Michael Jackson.

Who really gives a crap what grown adults do, so long as they aren't making advances or having sexual episodes with underage kids?

The fact that Clinton lied under oath about sex with a legal adult does not put him in the same league as a pedophile. I don't even like Clinton and I feel I have to defend him...

How can ANYONE defend Foley, or compare his behavior to someone else to legitimize Foley's behavior?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 05:03:54 PM »
its all very sad ..
clinton just cheated on his wife and so doing cheated on america as he was her potus. the shame & weakness his selfish actions cast over the country is still felt today..
this weirdo creep. foley, not only needed to resign but needs to have his lights punched out
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 06:14:28 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Comparing Clinton to Foley is like comparing JFK to Michael Jackson.

Who really gives a crap what grown adults do, so long as they aren't making advances or having sexual episodes with underage kids?

The fact that Clinton lied under oath about sex with a legal adult does not put him in the same league as a pedophile. I don't even like Clinton and I feel I have to defend him...

How can ANYONE defend Foley, or compare his behavior to someone else to legitimize Foley's behavior?

More like comparing Teddy Kennedy to Michael Jackson except that both of them got off. Foley won't be getting off. No pun intended.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 08:09:06 PM »
It's been pointed out that having a sexual relationship with an underling in your chain of command is against all the rules in corporate america and in the armed forces.

People lose their jobs over that. CEO's and Generals lose their job, despite the participants being grown adults.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 08:40:19 PM »
So far, from left field... utter silence on Gerry Studds. :rofl

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »
I think his ONLY crime is being a republican!  Right guys?!  If he was a Democrat this wouldn't even be IN the news!  Golly-geen librul biased commie queer biased librul commie news!!!!!  

DOWN WITH THE BIAS!  FREE AMERICA FROM THE COMMIE LIBRUL BLOWJOB PARTY!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »
Funny thing Urch... I don't see ANYONE saying that. No one.

I do see people saying prosecute Foley to the full extent of the law. Even more funny, it's those very same folks that are branded as conservatives here that are saying it loud and clear.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 09:10:17 PM »
Thats just cuz the librul commies on this VERY BOARD have you muzzled!  

Do not be afraid!  If it is ok for KLINTONSKI to get BLOWJOBS from a teenage GIRL in the oval office, it should be OK for Joe A. OK. American to get em from a teenage BOY too!  

STAND UP TO THE LIBRUL COMMIE BLOWJOB PARTYERS!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
So far, from left field... utter silence on Gerry Studds. :rofl

So far from right field.. nothing about Dan Crane!

Holy crap Ripsnort! That was 1982!

Do you really feel it is relevant?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 09:11:06 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Consensus here seems to be that this was nowhere near as bad as Clinton having relations with a legal adult.

The thing is whether Hastert knew about just the emails, or the IM's as well--the  emails were run of the mill:

TThe lede on the Roll Call story doesn't specify exactly what Hastert knew about, and the lede on the AP story says Hastert knew about "inappropriate messages." If you read a little farther in both stories you'll find the details of Reynolds' statement:

"Rodney Alexander brought to my attention the existence of e-mails between Mark Foley and a former page of Mr. [Rodney Alexander's [R-La.]. Despite the fact that I had not seen the e-mails in question, and Mr. Alexander told me that the parents didn't want the matter pursued, I told the Speaker of the conversation Mr. Alexander had with me.

He was informed about the e-mails, not the instant messages. Here's the text of the e-mails:

The e-mails were sent from Foley's personal AOL account, and the exchange began within weeks after the page finished his program on Capitol Hill. In one, Foley writes, "did you have fun at your conference…what do you want for your birthday coming up…what stuff do you like to do."

In another Foley writes, "how are you weathering the hurricane…are you safe…send me an email pic of you as well…"

The young man was bothered by these e-mails, but his parents wanted no action taken beyond having the contact stopped. Rep. Shimkus, a Republican on the page board, confronted Foley at the time:

The House clerk then met with Shimkus, and the two of them later confronted Foley and told him to stop communicating with the young man. All involved didn't discuss the matter further because they were "mindful of the sensitivity to the parent's wishes to protect their child's privacy,'' the statement said.

When I first read the e-mails, I thought, "Hmm, that's a little odd and a tinge creepy, but could have an innocent explanation." I wasn't ready to declare the man a child molester. I imagine Hastert might have felt the same, especially given that it sounds like he and Reynolds only got a description of the e-mails or simple notification that they existed.

Now, if he had known about the IMs, it would have been a different story. Then I'd be in the same boat with Capt. Ed. Here's the text of the IMs:

Maf54: You in your boxers, too?
    Teen: Nope, just got home. I had a college interview that went late.
    Maf54: Well, strip down and get relaxed.

Another message:

Maf54: What ya wearing?
    Teen: tshirt and shorts
    Maf54: Love to slip them off of you.

And this one:

Maf54: Do I make you a little horny?
    Teen: A little.
    Maf54: Cool.

And, they get worse, apparently. Thirty-five pages worth of worse. But can we really blame Hastert for not assuming that would be the case? The IMs reflect an entirely different story than the e-mails did, and it's easy for us to say, with the benefit of hindsight, that Hastert should have known, but I don't think I would have.

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/8c312c8d-8702-4241-8961-af2439b802b1
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 09:11:34 PM »
LIBRUL COMMIE!  DOWN WITH YOU AND YOUR SLANDEROUS BLOWJOB PARTY RHETORIC!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Funny thing Urch... I don't see ANYONE saying that. No one.

I do see people saying prosecute Foley to the full extent of the law. Even more funny, it's those very same folks that are branded as conservatives here that are saying it loud and clear.

Loud and clear BUT.... You all seem to have a big BUT attached to your "loud and clear".

Kinda like in a third grade way.. he's guilty BUT what about the other guy...waaah!
:cry

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 09:18:54 PM »
I would not call the emails "run of the mill." In fact I was confused at the first reports of sexually explicit emails. The emails were creepy ( as the page characterized them), as in they were inappropriately paternalistic. But they weren't sexually explicit. Then I saw the IM's and was completely disgusted after about 6 lines. The first news stories confused the email and the im's. But under no circumstances would I call the emails " run of the mill" given the business relationship.
There is no question the IM's were sexually explicit and points to a disturbed individual.

But even just the emails should have shot up a red flag to any adult.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:26:33 PM by BTW »