Author Topic: Foley-gate congressional perv  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Foley-gate congressional perv
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
...What happened to Frank? The House voted 408-18 to reprimand him -- a slap on the wrist. Today he's an honored Democratic member of Congress, much in demand as a speaker and "conscience of the party."

a limp wrist can absorb a lot more punishment LOL!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Eagler, when you wrote "punishes itself" you forget to add "after evidence is presented along with notice that it's about to or has just become public".  This seems to apply to both parties, but certainly removes any moral credibility you might be trying to imply that the GOP has as a whole.

yes, no one steps forward and states they did it until they can no longer deny it.
but for instance with clinton when the larry flynn dug up dirt on the republicans, what happened there?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2006, 03:30:26 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 03:35:11 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2006, 03:33:53 PM »

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Most everyone knows me on here to be a Republican, and I will make no excuses for Foley...Shame on him for what he did...Even more so, shame on him for this being in his past, and him not stepping down then!....

That said, I think we are seeing a double standard...What about Barney Frank?  Not only did he run a prostitution ring out of his DC apartment, but he wrote off 15 parking tickets clients recieved!  
What about Bill Clinton?  Yes, he did have sex with an "of age" adult, and I could argue the power and manipulation factor but I wont, but he was in the White House!  The leader of the free world, and one of the most iconic role models cheated on his wife while in office, and lied under oath, and democrats still defend him to this day on the issue!  The difference is there is not a single Republican in the house or senate who have given any words of defense to this pedophile...

I dont see it as a double standard at all, BOTH parties bank roll pedophiles, perverts, and liars for political gain... they are in power, and thats that.

The speaker says he cant recall being told dude was a perv, lol... being told a congressmen is a perv must be a daily occurrence then huh?, "How am I expected to remember every time I'm told a congressmen wanks to teens?"

If he cant remember something as potentially damaging and disturbing as that, I wonder who reminds him to change his depends?

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
http://www.sarcasm.com

Sorry dude, sadly, it's getting harder and harder to distinguish.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »
Np, skuzzy knew it lol.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2006, 04:06:30 PM »
If Foley is really an alcoholic, which I doubt, he gives alcoholics a bad name.  What a dispicable excuse for a man.

One minor point though.  Strictly speaking, I'm pretty sure that psycologists consider a pedaphile to be one who has sexual desires for prepubescent children.   I think Foley may be just a morally depraved and hypocritical homosexual who likes them young.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2006, 04:52:36 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
If the people on this board who have been trying to downplay the whole thing  

Who is downplaying it? What I see is folks saying prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

That's how I feel about it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by Rameusb5
I find it highly disturbing that people are defending this guy.  In this forum.

Can you refer me to any of the above posts? I don't see anyone defending Foley.

Thanks!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »
Some republican politicians are indeed the scum of the earth but embracing the democratic  party becasue of this would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. No thanks.

Rant and rave all you want democrats, won't change many votes.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »
Asides this most recent scandal, do tell me, with election season coming, what grand ideas and goals the democrats have?  So far its one smear or leak campaign after another.

Foley's a tard, but labelling the whole party for one person's faults is hardly sensical.

Sounds like another October surprise....its the best the Dems can come up with.  The Feds are investigating and everyone is agreeing the guy is scum.  Yet the dems are hoping this will "stick" so that everyone thinks all Republicans are like this.  

Clearly not the case

But by all means, let the drama continue.  Meanwhile Iran is steadily working on creating a nuclear device, chanting "Death to America" every morning while we go 'round and 'round.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »
Bad Logic.  If the republicans knew about it a year and a half before the elections, why would they wait and risk it coming into the open just before the election?  I would expose it ASAP if I knew.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2006, 06:38:19 PM »
They didnt know

They knew of an email he sent a former page.  The parents complained and brought it to their attention.  They spoke to Foley about it, he apologized and promised to not do so again.  He said there was nothing explicit or improper in his email.

They thought it was settle.

Frist was on Comedy Central last night on the Daily show talking about it

They didnt know about the instant messages until ABC news "magically" had it.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »
Here's a politician using kids to avoid any Foley questions.  Classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o946ObydUO8&eurl=
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis