Author Topic: How can we keep the small arenas fun?  (Read 4761 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
How can we keep the small arenas fun?
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2006, 02:42:08 PM »
doc... your hero was on the deck and zooming up in one of the fastest, best planes in the EW.. the spit 5...  I seen him and busted him and killed him with no trouble...  I also got a few assists on him during the evening as he was "extending".  If he was paying attention there is no way an f4f could even get within 1000 yards of the much faster spit 5.

Now you tell me that I don't fight.. but.... somehow, you got shots on my low slow f4f... the slowest plane in the game but..... you couldn't stay on me to finish me off?   Why is that?   Why not just follow me and keep shooting or... "extend" and come back?   How did you get shots on me?   HO?  snapshot while you were being killed?  what?

could it be that the reason was that...  even tho you guys started with alt and slight numbers advantage that before long you lost the numbers and the alt and the fight?   We had a good time... apparently you didn't.. why be in the EW at all then?  

look... I never said I was anything but mediocre but your hero is even worse.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2006, 04:40:15 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
doc... your hero was on the deck and zooming up in one of the fastest, best planes in the EW.. the spit 5...  I seen him and busted him and killed him with no trouble...  I also got a few assists on him during the evening as he was "extending".  If he was paying attention there is no way an f4f could even get within 1000 yards of the much faster spit 5.

Now you tell me that I don't fight.. but.... somehow, you got shots on my low slow f4f... the slowest plane in the game but..... you couldn't stay on me to finish me off?   Why is that?   Why not just follow me and keep shooting or... "extend" and come back?   How did you get shots on me?   HO?  snapshot while you were being killed?  what?

could it be that the reason was that...  even tho you guys started with alt and slight numbers advantage that before long you lost the numbers and the alt and the fight?   We had a good time... apparently you didn't.. why be in the EW at all then?  

look... I never said I was anything but mediocre but your hero is even worse.

lazs

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :rolleyes:

you gotta write a book on this game.  oh wait you already are!!!!  goin on 19,000 pages!!!!  WOW. what insight on every asspect of this game!!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2006, 08:39:23 AM »
boner..  I believe that you were about three laughing icons away from making a really incietfull post...  maybe four...

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »
truth is..  when the old MA was up.. the toolshedders and whordes and win the war guys were happy and playing boo coup hours.. and, the furballers were not happy and playing less or leaving.

When the arena change came... the furballers are happy and enjoying the fights and playing more hours and the whorde toolshed battlers are unhappy and playing less and quitting or... more accurately... threatening too.

so nooo...it does not appear that we can all get along... the small arenas are fun for some.. they will never be for others.

certain gameplay aspects assure that...  the fighter fields (and cv's) being the focus of the game and the ability of one person with little or no talent to suicide in and ruin the immidiate fun of 20 players assures that we can't ever get along.   The only way to get along is to seperate the gameplay... have huge towns the target that is "strat".   anything besides the airfields...  the furballers don't really care who wins the war.  never will.

lazs

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »
truth is..  when the old MA was up.. the toolshedders and whordes and win the war guys were happy and playing boo coup hours.. and, the furballers were not happy and playing less or leaving.

When the arena change came... the furballers are happy and enjoying the fights and playing more hours and the whorde toolshed battlers are unhappy and playing less and quitting or... more accurately... threatening too.

lazs

Ummmm well this here toolsheder aint a quiter. :p
 Time last tour----> 97:09:41     Sad aint it :D

And I know many others that are not quiting or even threatening to, soo you should really stop basing your facts on those few that post on this forum saying I'm gonna quit or I have quit.....    We toolsheders will be around for ever to make you cry. :)    

PS  we still love you Lazs your funny. ;)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
soo you should really stop basing your facts on those few that post on this forum

There is a lot of this going on ... on both sides of the fence.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Dosn't need adjusting at 10am est the limits are at 200 and the population max in a lw is aroud 130 - 140.

so what doc1kelley is realy saying is please HT force all these other people to fly with me.

HiTech

Not in your wildest dreams HT.  I'm saying that the changes as they are now have deminished the population of those on in the mornings.  I have to admit that I have seen some better fights but mostly I've only been able to engage milkrunning buffs.  I'm not addressing the LW arena but just the EW and MW arenas.  I have publicly stated many times that I like the different arenas.  It's a blacklash effect from those who have been "miffed off" by the cap limits and apparently a great many are showing their anger in not logging on and playing.    I personally hate the LW arena but it's great for the one night two hours of squad night that we could all fly together when it had a greater capacity.  All other times I would be in the MW.  I've not been a "griefer" about the changes but just the capacity of the arenas.  Increase the capity of all arenas and let the chips fall where they will and maybe we will see folks re-engage the game and then make your determination of the optimal capacity for an arena.

I do NOT want anyone forced to play my way, I just want an even playing field for folks to all play "THEIR" way.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2006, 10:30:35 AM »
I'm saying that the changes as they are now have deminished the population of those on in the mornings

Quick scan of the usage shows that not to be the case, what time in morning are you refering to.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 02:55:35 PM by hitech »

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2006, 06:01:08 PM »

i played for like 92hours this month... hardly a down full from 20-/+ hours last month and 0 from the last 9 months? (infact thats my peak useage EVER)

im a "war person".

HTC saw the issues (caps, offpeak issues etc) i personally had with the new system, and delt with them... hitech

however new ones are starting to show up... like balancing.

If you are loosing in one LW, you go to the other LW..... and thats where issues start. Last night, as a knit, i had one arena with 0.3-0.4 perk modifer. and another with 3.7 perk modifer.... it was quality flying 262s for 70 perks... and kinda didnt mater when i disco'ed in one lol

I did pm some guys in the other arena to pull them over to the low sided arena, and a few did come.... whels.... We ended up taking bases from rooks who was double our numbers.... but then they couldnt fly anything but EW-MW planes, and we had AR234s and 262s everywhere
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:06:53 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Quick scan of the usage shows that not to be the case, what time in morning are you refering to.

In the morning from around 0930est to noon est.  Again, I was only speaking of the EW and MW arenas.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!