Author Topic: MA, err sorry LW1 full again  (Read 4273 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
MA, err sorry LW1 full again
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2006, 01:50:01 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
That's what I've been saying! :aok  Welcome, Slapshot, to the land of boring toolshedding. ;)  
Oops, I said that too loud.

Hopefully, the numbers will improve so that it happens more often!

LOL ... I cut my teeth in one of the finest base-taking squads in the history of Aces High ... the MAW ... and believe it or not (again ... don't tell Lazs) ... I was the CO of the 3rd MAW Blacksheep Squad ... the MAW also had 3 wings of 32 and would be considered a mega-squad.

The difference was that the MAW looked for conflict ... milkrunning was not part of our makeup ... we even announced where we were going next in the hopes that other squads .. especially the AKs would come and try to stop us.

I know all too well how to take a base and most of the base taking attempts that I have participated in the past couple of years ... are laughable at best ... can you say ... Fluster Cuck ?

I can say that I will look for interesting base captures in the MW and partake in them ... if its not too outta hand.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2006, 02:08:28 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
wasn't referring to you personally slap, but those who want to fly in the LW when the cap has been reached are forced  to fly in other arenas, just my take on things.

Hammy ... if you and others would sit back and look at the plane set that is offered in MW ... ya might be surprised.

There is no La-7 ... but the La-5 is there.

There is no P-51-D ... but the P-51-B is there.

There is no P-38-L ... but the P-38-G and J are there.

There is no P-47-N ... but the P-47-D11 is there.

There is no F-4U-C ... but the F-4U-1 is there.

There is no N1K ... but the Ki-67 is there.

There is no Spit XIV ...  but the rest of the Spits are there.

There is no 190-D ... but there are 190s there.

There is no 109 blah ... but there are 109s there.

There is no 262 ... oh well.

There is no 163 ... oh well.

There is a Tiger there.

Think about it ... the difference between MW and LW is that the super-uber drag machines are really all that is missing ... so what is it that LW fans can't enjoy in MW if there is no LW option ?

What is really great about the MW is that there isn't a great difference in speed (except the La-5) between the planes used ... so the "run" option is for all intents and purposes eliminated ... hence, for the most part ... you HAVE to fight ... is that what scares people from coming into the MW ?

In the past two weeks, I have had more fights ... yes drag down drag out fights ... with 190s and 109s than I had in the MA in the past two years. Why is that ? ... one reason is that they couldn't run away and here is the best part ... they actually WANTED to fight ... zOMFGz ... actual aggressive attacks ... last memorable fights in the MW against German Iron was with Gespenst ... he is aggressive and flys very well ... I had a blast and a whole new appreciation for German Iron. Prior experiences always brought the thought of ... run-90 and run-09 to the forefront ... no so true in MW.

What I have seen and experienced in the MW is that the FIGHT is main gig ... everything else is secondary and only adds a cherry to the top of MW fun.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
slap, before i cancelled my subscription i played the EW and MW almost exclusively and i enjoyed it immensely so I'm not knocking them at all. I was miffed because the change was so drastic and without warning.

When i tried to voice my opinion i was constantly slapped down by HTC and majority of my posts were deleted (unfairly IMHO). So thats when i decided that HTC's customer relations wern't to my liking and refused to line their pockets any longer, therefore cancelling my subscription.

The fact that the "majority" of players are flying in LW (old MA style gameplay) proves to me that HTC's decision wasn't quite in touch with the "majority" of his  paying "patronages" idea of change.

I'm all for a freedom of choice and now you have it, but the low cap on LW is still "dictating" matters to his paying "patronage" and this irks me.

Bythe way, "patronage" is HTC's wording not mine, i prefer to read patronise.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
LOL ... I cut my teeth in one of the finest base-taking squads in the history of Aces High ... the MAW ... and believe it or not (again ... don't tell Lazs) ... I was the CO of the 3rd MAW Blacksheep Squad ... the MAW also had 3 wings of 32 and would be considered a mega-squad.

The difference was that the MAW looked for conflict ... milkrunning was not part of our makeup ... we even announced where we were going next in the hopes that other squads .. especially the AKs would come and try to stop us.

I know all too well how to take a base and most of the base taking attempts that I have participated in the past couple of years ... are laughable at best ... can you say ... Fluster Cuck ?

I can say that I will look for interesting base captures in the MW and partake in them ... if its not too outta hand.
Thanks for the bio – I had no idea your background was so . . . um . . . extensive. :)

I was not so naive as to think you had never done it before.  My post was more a reaction stemming from the unfortunate assertion by some that participating in the base-capture aspect is by definition trying to avoid a fight.  I have always said that was a silly assumption, and that the base gives an object to fight over rather than simply fight.  To me, having something to fight over helps makes it interesting, and introduces little things like "teamwork" that are usually absent in the furball-for-furballs-sake.

To see someone else express a similar view (that base capture can lead to fun fights), especially someone more generally associated with “the other side of the fence", was really refreshing.

Thanks.  We can now return to the regularly-scheduled name-calling.  :lol
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »
Hammy : Your post were never deleted for voiceing your opinion. Your post were deleted for not adhearing to the bbs rules.

HiTech

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »
Gespenst ... he is aggressive and flys very well

I meet this guy at alt , twice in LW :) He kicked my bellybutton both times I privte messaged him after the second time and told HIM

"That he was the best 110 driver I have flown against yet in AH"

Never meant up with him before , gave me another reason to worry when I see a 110 up high .

====

Sorry back to your discussion .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2006, 03:41:22 PM »
To me, having something to fight over helps makes it interesting, and introduces little things like "teamwork" that are usually absent in the furball-for-furballs-sake.

When multiple BKs are in the same furball ... the squad vox is overloaded with "teamwork" trying to work/help each other ... as of late, in the MW, range vox in a furball has been a great help with most participants calling out for help or coming in to help or describing situations.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by airspro
I meet this guy at alt , twice in LW :) He kicked my bellybutton both times I privte messaged him after the second time and told HIM

"That he was the best 110 driver I have flown against yet in AH"

Never meant up with him before , gave me another reason to worry when I see a 110 up high .

====

Sorry back to your discussion .

Well ... I was lucky enough to beat him in the few fights we had ... but not by much ... and when it was all over ... my palms were sweaty and my heart was beating like a train ... thats what its all about for me ... win or lose.

PS ... another 110 pilot to fear is Mn7 ... haven't seen him in awhile but that dude can make a 110 dance.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2006, 03:49:07 PM »

What is really great about the MW is that there isn't a great difference in speed (except the La-5) between the planes used ... so the "run" option is for all intents and purposes eliminated ... hence, for the most part ... you HAVE to fight ... is that what scares people from coming into the MW ?

F4u-1 I believe will catch a la5 in level flight at any alt.  May take awhile but it will catch it.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2006, 03:53:23 PM »

Hehehe...I remember the time when a few  RR Czlanders squads teamed up with the MAWs to take over the FR Pac arena on AW and then later on Big Pac.  That was great fun watching the FR guys whine about a bunch of RR vagabonds ruining their fun.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2006, 03:58:52 PM »
Hammy ... if you and others would sit back and look at the plane set that is offered in MW ... ya might be surprised.

There is no La-7 ... but the La-5 is there.

There is no P-51-D ... but the P-51-B is there.

There is no P-38-L ... but the P-38-G and J are there.

There is no P-47-N ... but the P-47-D11 is there.

There is no F-4U-C ... but the F-4U-1 is there.

There is no N1K ... but the Ki-67 is there.    I think you meant to say KI-61 :) and one of my favorite planes I might add.

There is no Spit XIV ...  but the rest of the Spits are there.

There is no 190-D ... but there are 190s there.

There is no 109 blah ... but there are 109s there.

There is no 262 ... oh well.

There is no 163 ... oh well.

There is a Tiger there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:01:20 PM by Flayed1 »
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »
Hammy : Your post were never deleted for voiceing your opinion. Your post were deleted for not adhearing to the bbs rules.

hmmmm i see many others who post here overstep the mark many times , but don't see their posts deleted unless they are balatant.

What i said in my posts were no different to the way they voice their opinions in a non blatant way.

On this HT, we will just have to agree to disagree

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »
hammy, look at what they done now :eek:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2006, 05:32:10 PM »
Saw it :p

Host change is a positive step in the right direction but still forces paying patrons into arenas they dont want to be in.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:36 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
Saw it :p

Host change is a positive step in the right direction but still forces paying patrons into arenas they dont want to be in.

how so?

splitting MA into 3 arenas was bad, but now we have the posibility of 6, arenas, 4 empty ones, and 2 with 150 during absolute peak of prime.

so we have gone from a 750 player game, to 100.

people didnt want to join EW or MW because its hard to find anyone when there is only 20 per side, and now its getting forced on LW too? hmm :huh
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37