Author Topic: If I cancel, here's why...  (Read 2601 times)

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
If I cancel, here's why...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 05:55:48 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Roach ... your post on this subject would be at least the 100th post of the same subject. Many people from many squads have already voiced the same thing as you ... and from what I can see ... HT ain't gonna change it back to "the way it was".

If ya really have a hair across your arse about this and are serious .. then send HT an email or give him a ring on the phone and talk to him ... he will talk to you.

Posting on this BBS just leaves you open for anything ... especially on this subject.

Posting on the BBS granted me your wise suggestions.

The other responses by other posters are simply childish, small minded, and perhaps in violation of forum policy.

Thank you.

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »
Storch is rude, but he has the coldest beer in town.  Point is, take the bad with the good.  This is still the best entertainment value around.  $15 a month with all the bonus comedy the BBS has to offer, it's a STEAL I tell you!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 06:02:36 PM »
Originally posted by roach
I am not looking for attention.  This is a serious post.  I am a paying customer.  Perhaps you are suggesting this is a dead horse?   Am I not utilizing a public forum?  Why do you belittle my words?

Yes, this is a dead horse. There is a vocal minority who don't like the arena change and despite HTC's numerous explantions as to why they're in place, continue to beat the drum hoping it will change back. Beat the drum all you want here in the public forum. It's unlikely to bring about a return to the "good old days."

If you're not seeking attention, why post? Call HTC and express your views.
Neither the subscribers or lurkers who frequent these boards can do anything to redeem your argument and affect your desired rollback.

Offline bgviper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
I just got discoed....it happens, buy when I tried to logg into the orange arena with my squad mates the arena was full...now this is NOT what I subscribed to .... now this may be fun for some but not for me..I feel too that my time is growing short for this game...you may think that I am whinning but remember how many played before the arena change, well add them up now.....

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »
"I see my fellow squaddies are in Late War Orange, and I attempt to join Late War Orange, just to find myself in Late War Blue"

Off topic (maybe) - Makes me wonder how many squads do that to avoid members they don't like!?

Seems if the squad is truly that "close" that they'd all move to an arena that would accomodate them all!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 06:17:02 PM »
Not to be rude but here's the deal....

1. HTC has the best WW2 combat air sim available for online subscribers.

2. Hitech & Pyro have 15+ years of player/producer experience.

3. Like it or not, life requires change and the ability to adopt.

4. HTC decided that 700 packed into a single arena doesn't produce the desired "community interaction" they're seeking to achieve.

5. Changes have been made. HTC has added modifications suggested by the player base.

6. I doubt very seriously HTC will cave on their' decision to split the arenas.

7. If you dislike the way things stand now, call or e-mail HTC. If you don't concur with the outcome, find another way to spend your hard earned $$.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:29:39 PM by Max »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
Originally posted by storch
roach if this were the bar round the corner from my shop and you came in, made comments about the general condition of the establishment and how messed up the pool tables are, you would get your bellybutton kicked by the waitresses and we would be laughing.

Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!

culero (is he actually old enough to go to a bar? :))
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
 I thought AH2 people were mature.
Everyone has been pretty helpful until now.  I am shocked.

roach i am not trying to belittle your concerns or argue your points in your post. its just that these 2 statments are just that funny!

[SIZE=10]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

ok now my brain hurts and my boss is writing me up for screwing around on the intardnet. THANKS THANKS A LOT!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »
Uber looks around:noid . See's same wine (bad vintage):cry Leaves!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 06:44:52 PM »
Dude, the game changed and you need to adapt to the changes, or not.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

storch

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!

culero (is he actually old enough to go to a bar? :))
it wouldn't matter at that bar ;)

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »
short storch,

you really are a tanker

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 07:23:20 PM »
I will report everyone who has violated forum policy.  The rules apply equally to all.  Although I have not been an AH2 customer for very long, I am a paying customer and I never suspected that there were so many disrespectful, small minded and poorly behaved individuals on these forums.  One critique about a new game policy and all of the rats come out of the woodwork to flame the poster.  

Forum visitors and posters are entitled to respect.  I and others like me that come here to seek advice and voice our concerns are entitled to respect.   If you feel as though you must post a rude response, then simply have some self control and post nothing.  The forum clearly invites questions and comments.  I have posted a comment on something that concerns me about the game.  My post is legitimate by the very nature of the content and the forum purpose.

Rather than behaving like unsupervised children in a 3rd grade classroom after eating an excessive amount sugary candy, you all could behave like respectable, mature adults.  

There can be a discussion.  I could understand had I posted my complaint multiple times, spamming the forum.  I made my one post here, under this topic, with this thread.  I would never have posted had I known so many disturbed individuals would come out of the woodwork to insult me and my opinion.  I did not anticipate such aggressive and immature behavior.

I hope that those of you that are guilty of obvious infringement of the forum policy do not represent the Aces High users as a body.  Because, that would be a much stronger reason for canceling than any alterations in the game dynamics.

I mean really, go back and read again what you have written and how you have behaved.  Think about it, and if you are still confused, call your mother and run it by her.  I am sure you will come to the same conclusion that other mature adults, that you were very rude and insulting without provocation.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
I only saw two rude things.  Storch's first post, and MrNoGame's reply to Max.

Everything else was within bounds I think.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »
I will report everyone who has violated forum policy.  The rules apply equally to all.  Although I have not been an AH2 customer for very long, I am a paying customer and I never suspected that there were so many disrespectful, small minded and poorly behaved individuals on these forums.  One critique about a new game policy and all of the rats come out of the woodwork to flame the poster.  

Forum visitors and posters are entitled to respect.  I and others like me that come here to seek advice and voice our concerns are entitled to respect.   If you feel as though you must post a rude response, then simply have some self control and post nothing.  The forum clearly invites questions and comments.  I have posted a comment on something that concerns me about the game.  My post is legitimate by the very nature of the content and the forum purpose.

Rather than behaving like unsupervised children in a 3rd grade classroom after eating an excessive amount sugary candy, you all could behave like respectable, mature adults.  

There can be a discussion.  I could understand had I posted my complaint multiple times, spamming the forum.  I made my one post here, under this topic, with this thread.  I would never have posted had I known so many disturbed individuals would come out of the woodwork to insult me and my opinion.  I did not anticipate such aggressive and immature behavior.

I hope that those of you that are guilty of obvious infringement of the forum policy do not represent the Aces High users as a body.  Because, that would be a much stronger reason for canceling than any alterations in the game dynamics.

I mean really, go back and read again what you have written and how you have behaved.  Think about it, and if you are still confused, call your mother and run it by her.  I am sure you will come to the same conclusion that other mature adults, that you were very rude and insulting without provocation.

life's a b*tch huh?

listen, it has been made VERY easy to get together with your squad. if you still can't do it within 5 minutes, then you are bloody lazy or you're in a bad squad. stop whining and make it work. if you don't want to make it work, then try and find a new squad with some nice guys, or leave, it's quite simple. the changes were made for a reason, they won't be changing back.

all these guys like you expect that their whines and threats of leaving will change HTC's policy. sorry dude, you're very wrong.

now quit acting like like a baby and come to an adult decision, are you willing to put a little effort in to find you squad, or are you going to leave. do one or the other without giving us an earache and a follow up lecture, thankyou.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC