Author Topic: If I cancel, here's why...  (Read 2837 times)

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
If I cancel, here's why...
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
life's a b*tch huh?

listen, it has been made VERY easy to get together with your squad. if you still can't do it within 5 minutes, then you are bloody lazy or you're in a bad squad. stop whining and make it work. if you don't want to make it work, then try and find a new squad with some nice guys, or leave, it's quite simple. the changes were made for a reason, they won't be changing back.

all these guys like you expect that their whines and threats of leaving will change HTC's policy. sorry dude, you're very wrong.

now quit acting like like a baby and come to an adult decision, are you willing to put a little effort in to find you squad, or are you going to leave. do one or the other without giving us an earache and a follow up lecture, thankyou.

You have served only to reinforce everything I have written.  Unless you are on the payroll of the company that provides this game, I doubt your assertion about changes brought about as the result of customer feedback have any value.

Let me make one thing very clear, I wish to invite ONLY constructive responses.  There have been a few, and I appreciate them.  Anyone else who feels like being rude, or insulting, simply exercise some self control and do not contribute to the already sad state of affairs in this forum.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »
Originally posted by roach
...behaving like unsupervised children in a 3rd grade classroom after eating an excessive amount sugary candy, you all could behave like respectable, mature adults.

why do you gotta call us names huh? :mad:     and WHATS WRONG WITH EATING AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF SUGAR CANDY!!!!!??????  :furious

btw, i ran this by my mother and she recomended that i post this :rolleyes:

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 08:10:27 PM »
You have served only to reinforce everything I have written.  Unless you are on the payroll of the company that provides this game, I doubt your assertion about changes brought about as the result of customer feedback have any value.

Let me make one thing very clear, I wish to invite ONLY constructive responses.  There have been a few, and I appreciate them.  Anyone else who feels like being rude, or insulting, simply exercise some self control and do not contribute to the already sad state of affairs in this forum.

like you said, it's a public forum with lots of opinions.

what do you want me to say?

'oh no roach, please don't go, i hate HT as well, they have fubar'd this game! :furious :furious ' ??? :rofl

listen, i'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful, i'm just telling you to quit telling HT what to do with his game, especially seeing as you are so new, as you don't fully appreciate HT's expertise in this field.

he knows exactly what he's doing, and he isnt going to change it back, let alone comform to your commands.

if you want to leave, then go, but i can assure you HT isdoing what's best. for many of us the game has become more enjoyable. i appreciate it is less easy for the new players to get to grips with, but stick with it if you're willing to stop whining.

the new changes have brought some great fights. i appreciate that newer players dont usually like the 1 on 1 dogfighting style and prefer to ride in groups and smash buildings, because it's far easier to do and doesn't take much time to learn. if you ever need help, i'd be happy to spend some time with you in the TA. once you learn to enjoy the fights, i can promise you that the new arenas are a good change

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »
I guess if I cancel my account on the bulletin boards, it'll be because of the incessant "I'm quitting" threads, along with the rest of the incessant *****ing and whining threads. Enough is enough. A dozen threads of "I'm quitting", followed by a dozen threads of "you don't play my way, you're the suxxor and you're ruining everything".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 08:11:54 PM »
Originally posted by moneyguy
btw, i ran this by my mother and she recomended that i post this :rolleyes:

LOL :aok

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
I guess if I cancel my account on the bulletin boards, it'll be because of the incessant "I'm quitting" threads, along with the rest of the incessant *****ing and whining threads. Enough is enough. A dozen threads of "I'm quitting", followed by a dozen threads of "you don't play my way, you're the suxxor and you're ruining everything".

?

:confused:

does that qualify as an "i'm quitting" statement?

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
I think roach is really skuzzy. Just like he was PETA2 during the peta raid:noid
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »
This has got to be a troll.  If it's not, it should be.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 08:26:25 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
I only saw two rude things.  Storch's first post, and MrNoGame's reply to Max.

Everything else was within bounds I think.

Nothing rude about my reply.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »
I will report everyone who has violated forum policy.  The rules apply equally to all.  Although I have not been an AH2 customer for very long, I am a paying customer and I never suspected that there were so many disrespectful, small minded and poorly behaved individuals on these forums.  One critique about a new game policy and all of the rats come out of the woodwork to flame the poster.  

Wow what a crybaby.  You take things way too seriously. Grow up and come back when you can understand things better
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is Mint!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 08:36:21 PM »
I am not looking for attention.  This is a serious post.  I am a paying customer.  Perhaps you are suggesting this is a dead horse?   Am I not utilizing a public forum?  Why do you belittle my words?

&

Originally posted by Major Biggles
like you said, it's a public forum with lots of opinions.

This is a Private forum, made available to the public via HTC.   There is a difference.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »
The game itself, the flight dynamics, and aircraft, and so forth are very good.  As a student pilot, I find flying in this simulation feels a lot more accurate than Microsoft's Flight Sim.  In this respect I hold the game developers in high regards.  As a flight simulation and combat simulation, I think the game is absolutely top notch.  As for this public forum, my opinion has recently changed.

Where I find fault with what you are saying, Major Biggles, is how you suggest this game is governed by a totalitarian regime.  I do not believe this is the case.  I am optimistic and I believe that the developers do make modifications based on customer suggestions.  The more voices, the more likely the change.  Furthermore, they are in the business of generating revenue.  This is something I understand as a business owner myself.  I listen to my customers and I am very respectful when communicating with them.  Satisfied customers are paying customers.  Finally, I have been advised by many veteran players that the developers are open minded and do consider suggestions. I also find fault with your rudeness.  You could state your opinion with some degree of courtesy, taking into account that your second post was an improvement.

Captain Virgil Hilts, I am a devoted Steve McQueen fan and would hate to be insulted by someone bearing an avatar of his likeness, or that from one of my favorite all time movies, The Great Escape.

Moneyguy, where I attended school, although it has been many years ago, we learned the difference between a simile and metaphor.  My accusation to those of guilt is that they are very rude.  Perhaps you could use an English refresher course.  Being "like" a child is not "being" a child, and many of the responses to my post are indeed very childish, or as though posted by someone immature and of youth.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2006, 08:44:53 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
?

does that qualify as an "i'm quitting" statement?

Careful you don't slip in the sarcasm dripping off of that, you might hurt yourself.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 09:16:37 PM »
you know instead of quitting , try to fly or GV in the arena your in and after awhile try to jump back into the arena with your squaddies .

I logged in last night my squad was in another arena , no biggie.

Did a few runs and every once and awhile I would logg off and try to jump in the arena they were in, and wouldn't you freekin know it , I got in  !  ! ! YAY 4 Me

Patience is all it took , kinda like in a good dog fight , you cant be too quick to kill or you will wind up getting killed.