Author Topic: Scores  (Read 2319 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Scores
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 06:04:23 AM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
Alright, I have read through my rankings this morning from last month, and my bomber rank is APALLING! 1000!!! I do a lot of bombing, I pretty much never miss with my bombs when hitting Strat. Targets (Which is just about all I do nowadays) And, I have quite a few more bails and ditches than I would like to have, but I would think I would be at least under 500. Here are my basic stats:

Damage / Deaths + 1
 16614.67313 (1013)

Damage / Sorties
 8941.48439 (1114)

Hit percentage
 227.651 % (432)

Field Captures
 0 (4374)

Kills:  8
Assists:  9
Sorties:  262
Landed:  99
Bailed:  50
Ditched:  14
Captured:  11
Death:  70
Disco:  18
Time hh:mm:ss  35:37:07
Ranks: 1000

That is my data for the last tour. In tour 80 my overall Bomber rank was 740, and in 79 it was 1212. Other than reducing the number of bails and ditches and making sure to land every one (Which I try any way, I just sometimes need to end a sortie fast for real-life reasons) how can I bring up my bomber rank? I know I sound petty for thinking so much about my rank, but bombing is the one thing in this game I am good at, the one thing I really dedicate myself to, and yet the numbers say I am pathetic. My squad was 50 over all bombing in that tour, and that needs to come up as well, but I assume whatever helps bring up my score can be applied to the others? I am CO of a Bomber squad, that's why I take this all so seriously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A City a day helps you work rest and play. (adapted 70's advert).  Certain strats pay for rank.... Cities and factories etc.  I haven't bothered working the order out.  I know after the "City" the fuel factory pays the best.  I have only ever hit strats to slow the regains down.  Most folk don't hit fuel cells on fields so I feel there is little need to go "twat" the fuel factory.  Knock yourself out trying to work out best strats to score but working to slow regains down is better for the "war effort".  

Certain load outs also pay for rank.  You said B17's or B24's is all your really going to use.  Load out should be 500's or 250's.  I'd plumb for 500's for 2 reason.  1) Damage sortie and 2) Damage sortie if you loose a drone to ack or fighters.  

I know your going to think "well why not take the bigger bombs".  Basically because there is less of them.  I can do more damage to a city in 3 passes with 12 x 500's than in 2 passes with 8 x 1K'ers.  May I recommend you try this out on a fresh city.  1 day use 500's  the next use 1K'ers.  You'll understand from percentage of damage to the City after you RTB MT.

I use 250's also at times but mostly strating in B26's or High Alt Bomber Porking in B17's. Dars ammo's etc.

Only ever 1 type of "salvo" to use and one "delay" and its dot salvo 1 dot delay 0.05.  This is for Cities, factories, towns and smaller strats.  Other targets may need different salvo's to ords  i.e.Cv's using 1K'ers = dot salvo 4.  (Delay is a personal preference.)  Some use default dot delay 0.05 I use dot delay 0.24.  The point two four is the length of the CV :)

CV's pay great for "damage" sortie but crap for hit percentage because about 1/3 of the bombs actually miss. splash splash booom. splash splash boom.  Granted, you are scoring "blast damage" but a hit is after all, a hit.

This brings us to fields finally.  TOWNS! TOWNS! TOWNS!.... nothing pays better on fields for bomber score, than the town.  (Personally I think this is how HTC intended it to be.  I could get into this whole TOWN bombing thing as to hanger banging crap but that's a different thread.)   There are plenty of targets to hit so "hit" percent and "damage" sortie is lots greater than avacadoting 3 or 4 poxy hangers or ammo bunkers or troops etc, etc.

Above is "how or what to do" with bombs but there is 1 other thing you MUST do and that's a C47 field capture.  1 to 3 captures is easy to obtain over the period of TOD.  I'm an Off Peak user and it's easier in some respects to get a capture.  V bases are simple and many.

Gaming the game bomber score...... Nuka Stuka R us.  Take the 1 x 3,200 Lb bomb 1,500Kg.  Bomb the nearest City or factory.  Land re-arm and repeat until the tears of boredom stream of your cheeks.... Now check hit percentage.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 06:07:33 AM by LYNX »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Scores
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »
Originally posted by Ball
i found the pic

I'm with Biggles on this, the picture pwnz!!!!!  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
Scores
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »
Originally posted by Ball

i found the pic

Funniest thing I've seen here in a while!:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Scores
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 01:15:57 PM »
Furbie, why the hell would I challenge you?!? You said to "Prove it" and fight you. And biggles, I didnt 'Give Up' and go to bombers. I always liked bombers! Especially the B-17. Its just, how often do we get in arguments about which bomber is better?

Lynx, thanks. I already use 500lb bombs, when hitting AAA factories I come either east to west or west to east, hitting the southern portion (A straight line of nothing but buildings) with salvo 12 delay .55

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Scores
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2006, 01:41:48 PM »
Here are my basic stats:

Damage / Deaths + 1
 16614.67313 (1013)

Damage / Sorties
 8941.48439 (1114)

Hit percentage
 227.651 % (432)

Field Captures
 0 (4374)

All those numbers in parenthesis are the ones that matter.  Your bomber rank is the average of the red numbers as compaired with everyone else.  Those with a better average are ranked better than you.  Any number over 1000 is really going to kill your average.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2006, 02:36:28 PM »
This is whats wrecking your potential to better bomber rank---->salvo 12 delay .55  2 reasons.  1) some of your bombs are blowing buildings up and the bombs that follow in are scored as misses. No buildings as such to hit.  They are already down.    2) salvos have a habit of hitting empty spaces in between clusters of buildings and again scoring misses.

Use .salvo 1 .delay 0.05 and hit individual targets.   Salvoing as it really should be, isn't good.  We have lazer sites now and you should drop 1 cluster of buildings with just 1 press of release.  

City with an approach from south for an example... Line west side.  Targets are 2 diamonds 1 back slash shape and 1 cluster blob.  Thats 4 bombs out  2 on the diamonds (1 per portion) then 1 and 1 .   Extend north west and turn back in and line for ther LONG MIDDLE back slash shape.  You want 3 or 4 out on that.  Extend South East and turn back in lining from the south south east.  East side of city is not south to north it's more east south east to north north west.  Put 2 bombs out in the 2 east side sections.  

That's all sections of the city hit with all 12 bombs.  You could salvo 12 across the middle of the city but there sure is alot of empty space to score lots of "misses".

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Scores
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 02:52:01 PM »
And biggles, I didnt 'Give Up' and go to bombers. I always liked bombers! Especially the B-17. Its just, how often do we get in arguments about which bomber is better?

gotcha ;)

well if you need help just holler ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »
Thanks. I think I may take you up on that.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 04:20:40 PM »
Lynx, I salvo .55 because it is the perfect delay.

The vertical red lines (2x) are the beggingin and end of the bomb drop. The red horizontal line is the path I follow. Notice the damage done and the location of the buildings. If I am hitting a city, its a different delay and different path, but my primary target is the AAA factory.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Scores
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
on that run you could take out all those buildings with 5-6 500lbs bombs dropped, whats that in a 17, half the load?

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »
Lynx, I salvo .55 because it is the perfect delay.

The vertical red lines (2x) are the beggingin and end of the bomb drop. The red horizontal line is the path I follow. Notice the damage done and the location of the buildings. If I am hitting a city, its a different delay and different path, but my primary target is the AAA factory.

In the opening post you asked....

how can I bring up my bomber rank?

I told you how in my first reply then you said

Lynx, thanks. I already use 500lb bombs, when hitting AAA factories I come either east to west or west to east, hitting the southern portion (A straight line of nothing but buildings) with salvo 12 delay .55  

To which i replied "This is whats wrecking your potential to better bomber rank---->salvo 12 delay .55 "

OK ... groovy, get ya, you are doing it all WRONG.  That factory should be hit with single salvo's.  4 to 6 bombs out each run.  1 drop 1 bomb salvo 1.  I would hit it top to bottom east side then middle and lastly west.

This is the third and last bit of advice.  If you ask or debate beyond the following then your just taking the Piss.

1) The targets are Cities / factories
2) Use 500's in B17's / B24's
3) The salvo is 1
4) The delay is 0.05
5) Drop 1 bomb at a time on a cluster of buildings.
6) Revise your line ups to maximize targets available.

Hate to burst ya bubble or piss on ya chips so's to speak but I've been number 1 bomber and in the top 10 often.  "Salvo's" don't do crap.  They are a waste of bombs.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 06:00:59 PM »
I disagree that salvos are wrecking things. I understand your point about hitting things you have already just destroyed, but I truely beleive in a target such as this, salvos are just as effective. I WILL try both without salvo and with a revised salvo (Salvo 6 delay .55) and two runs, and see which is more effective. The problem I find with individual bombs on large numbers of buildings, I often either underestimate or overestimate the number of buildings and the proximity to the bomb that will be affected. Monday evening I will try both your way and mine on that particular target, and will re-post here with raw data and screenshots. Thank you for the helpful information, I just refuse to beleive (And this is probably doing me great harm) that salvos are THAT much less effective than individual bombs in this type of situation. I do however, also disagree with the directions you suggest. I think it is better to attack west to east then north to south. Perhaps I may try that out as well. Again thank you for the input!

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Scores
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2006, 06:30:28 PM »
Also learn to gun the crates, this is a must,  8 kills and 70 deaths is horrendous. Dont take newbie gunners on board, learn to do it yourself. Those numbers are garaunteed to keep you well behind the top 1000 players in damage/death and maybe also damage/sortie as I'm pretty sure more points are given for landing.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Scores
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
Wow who cares about rank shows what little life you have but if you want a low bomber rank capture alot of fields and kill alot of cvs with out missing or loseing a buff I had a hit% of 9.something doing this rank 5 a few tours back when I could use my arm.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Scores
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »
Reynolds, I use salvos when bombing.

I'll change the salvo from 1 to whatever I need it to be.  My delay is usually around 0.4 but that's because of the speed at which I fly.  Delay is always different, depending on your ground speed, and size of bombs.  I usually take lancasters to 25k and bring down a City Factory from 100 to 30% in 1 sortie and about 3 to 4 passes.

Using salvo's is fun.  I usually set my salvo seconds before dropping.  I'll change my salvo many times in a single bombing sortie.

Bomb to have fun and not to be #1 in Bomber Ranks.

Edit:
BTW, don't waste your time on certain people.
Time's fun when you're having flies.