Reynolds where do your bombers fly? :t
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Scores
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2006, 12:50:52 PM »
Wow!  Been flying around Silat a bit too long i see :D

Wrong colors on that 38, but other then that it could be mistaken for a typical 80th Headhunter 38 easily :)

Well done Schatzi.  It takes skill to wreck a 38 that well and still have enough left to park it at the end of your flight :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Scores
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
No, but you can borrow my PJ if you want. Just a little maintenance needed after my last flight, but im sure you can handle it no problem....
QUOTE]

heh schatzi, the aircraft maintenance crew over here at the 80th camp is simply top notch.  everytime we crash one he is able to repair it to mint condition....he is very fast too and since he does so much work he can charge much less for his efforts:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Scores
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2006, 02:03:59 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
wow..........
 Unless this "REYNOLDS" guy has had a change of name

No, do you think?

<----- Serenity

Guess what, you have it backwards. HE pissed ME the hell off.

And Platan0, I can give your our coordinates, but be warned, we fly in numbers ;)

But you have to promise to fly a german plane if you intercept, because I film all of our runs.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2006, 08:33:35 AM »
Originally posted by Ball
he didnt piss me off at all.  i had them still uploaded on onpoi.net from the original thread which was in the aircraft and vehicles forum (it was deleted).

a quick search of his posts would show that he is indeed not me, not stang, or not a BK.

Thank you.  I can see clearly now that all is revealed in that e-mail

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
lol! Me being accused of being furball?!? Thats ***** HILARIOUS!!! Maybe I can go as Furbie next halloween?

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Scores
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »
Reynolds...assuming you keep a steady speed of 150mph indicated, your ground speed increases the higher you go, as well as range, to a point.   Many things happen differently at different altitudes.

Again, if you have a gunner, so what, you can still kill people and get credit for it.

If you see me online, I can teach you all the little things about bombing.
I fly the B17 primarily, but also fly the:
B24
Ki67
Lancaster

I'm only telling you this because you seem to be assuming many things that are wrong and I'm trying to just help you out.  Please trust me on this and see for yourself while flying.  I mainly just want to prevent you from spreading wrong information to your pilots in your squad or even just other players in this game.
Also, max cruise is a fine setting during leveled flight, but normal settings can be better in certain ways.  There are pros and cons when reducing rpms.  The higher your rpms, the faster your speed stablizes.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2006, 02:40:08 AM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Also, max cruise is a fine setting during leveled flight, but normal settings can be better in certain ways.  There are pros and cons when reducing rpms.  The higher your rpms, the faster your speed stablizes.

The sole purpose of Max Cruise (In addition to maximising range while minimizing fuel required) is for realism.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Scores
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:12 AM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
The sole purpose of Max Cruise (In addition to maximising range while minimizing fuel required) is for realism.

That's nice.

Did you understand the rest of the previous replies?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Scores
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2006, 03:18:45 AM »
I disagree that salvos are wrecking things. I understand your point about hitting things you have already just destroyed, but I truely beleive in a target such as this, salvos are just as effective. I WILL try both without salvo and with a revised salvo (Salvo 6 delay .55) and two runs, and see which is more effective. The problem I find with individual bombs on large numbers of buildings, I often either underestimate or overestimate the number of buildings and the proximity to the bomb that will be affected. Monday evening I will try both your way and mine on that particular target, and will re-post here with raw data and screenshots. Thank you for the helpful information, I just refuse to beleive (And this is probably doing me great harm) that salvos are THAT much less effective than individual bombs in this type of situation. I do however, also disagree with the directions you suggest. I think it is better to attack west to east then north to south. Perhaps I may try that out as well. Again thank you for the input!

Reynolds, youll have to make up your mind on what you WANT.

If you want your rank to be lower, *follow* the advice given in this thread. Dropping more then one bomb at a time WILL lower your hit% (ie your rank). Does that mean without salvo your bombing more effectively? Nope. But being effective isnt the objective, your rank is (or so you said).

You get the best hit% when upping a LANC (with 4000lb) or a Stuka with the 1800kg and drop *single* bombs on strat target, where they hit as many small buildings at once as possible.

Then get some field captures in with a C47 (ie going to your bomber score).

Or just forget about the whole rank thing altogether. As this thread shouldve shown you, a good bomber rank has little to do with effective bombing and more with exact planning on which stat to raise how. Do yourself a favor and go back to HAVING FUN in the game.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Scores
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2006, 03:36:41 AM »
let me see if I get this right

Person 1 asks for help in lowering bomber rank

Numerous persons offer help as was requested

person 1 continues to argue point that their way is the proper way

this begs the question why ask for help????

:rolleyes:

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Scores
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2006, 04:02:48 AM »
Originally posted by sgt203

this begs the question why ask for help????

Not neccessarily. Question is: what has been asked?

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
Scores
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2006, 12:45:15 PM »
Reynolds, youll have to make up your mind on what you WANT.

If you want your rank to be lower, *follow* the advice given in this thread. Dropping more then one bomb at a time WILL lower your hit% (ie your rank). Does that mean without salvo your bombing more effectively? Nope. But being effective isnt the objective, your rank is (or so you said).

You get the best hit% when upping a LANC (with 4000lb) or a Stuka with the 1800kg and drop *single* bombs on strat target, where they hit as many small buildings at once as possible.

Then get some field captures in with a C47 (ie going to your bomber score).

Or just forget about the whole rank thing altogether. As this thread shouldve shown you, a good bomber rank has little to do with effective bombing and more with exact planning on which stat to raise how. Do yourself a favor and go back to HAVING FUN in the game.

Yes Schatzi, you make a great point as always. I shall do this (Forget score entirely) and for the record, I tried the modified salvo, dropping six instead of twelve, and it did more damage, so thank you lynx.

Originally posted by sgt203
person 1 continues to argue point that their way is the proper way

Close, but not quite. "Arguing that their way makes more sense as far as effectiveness, and thus SHOULD be the proper way" is closer to the truth.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Scores
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2006, 02:02:36 PM »
Close, but not quite. "Arguing that their way makes more sense as far as effectiveness, and thus SHOULD be the proper way" is closer to the truth.

As i said in another thread... score is mechanically calculated and doesnt neccessarily make sense :).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Scores
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »
As i said in another thread... score is mechanically calculated and doesnt neccessarily make sense :).

Mechanically? You mean score is not calculated with computers but with this kind of machines?:

That would indeed explain much... :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman