Author Topic: more ack  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
more ack
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
Though I don't get why the Puffy was taken out....  Now nothing shoots at my bombers of DOOM!!!!! MWAhahaha.....  

Seriously other than an ocational target with wings I fly the friendly sky.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
more ack
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2006, 03:13:45 PM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
Though I don't get why the Puffy was taken out....  Now nothing shoots at my bombers of DOOM!!!!! MWAhahaha.....  

Puffy did jack-all to buffs anyways. I have never, once ...ever seen puffy ack at an airfield take out a bomber. Fighters, especially perk planes, weaving at 500 mph close to the deck, yes, but never a bomber....

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
more ack
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Puffy did jack-all to buffs anyways. I have never, once ...ever seen puffy ack at an airfield take out a bomber. Fighters, especially perk planes, weaving at 500 mph close to the deck, yes, but never a bomber....

Zazen

puffy used to take out my bomber all the time in AHI with II i think it was reduced so it didnt hit fighters as often, but ended up still hitting fighters, but rarely bombers.

ive been hit 3 times in bombers since coming back 4 months ago.... about 80hours of bomber flights and only 3 hits.

only 1 of them hits did damage as well!!! if it was a fighter it would have blown me outa the sky
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
more ack
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2006, 02:05:40 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
puffy used to take out my bomber all the time in AHI with II i think it was reduced so it didnt hit fighters as often, but ended up still hitting fighters, but rarely bombers.

ive been hit 3 times in bombers since coming back 4 months ago.... about 80hours of bomber flights and only 3 hits.

only 1 of them hits did damage as well!!! if it was a fighter it would have blown me outa the sky

Agreed, I like that the triple A was increased and is deadly, however, without accurate Flack from 88's there is no threat to bombers at altitude.

Flack appeared to be more lethal in AHI then in AHII.  It would be nice to have the puffy ack back.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
more ack
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2006, 02:23:46 AM »
I think the ack is still better now.  At first I thought WTF shooting no more planes in the spawn but it actually makes getting kills easier.  People keep upping its good that people now have the confidence to still up at a capped field.  Rather than the usual everyone jumps in GVS scared.

To de ack the place it will need more teamwork.  Just one plane wont cut it.  2 planes with rockets and cannon should be able to do the work.

If you've ever had to de-ack a whole port on your lonesome you would be used to different ways and angles too not take many hits.

I understand peoples reservations in regards to making it a furball arena.  But surely now that its slightly harder to capture a base when you do manage it, its slightly more satisfying???   no more m3s re-sneaking bases.

With all the small maps getting reset all the time actually seeing the same map the next day is something we've all forgotten.  Remember when the same map would be up all week....... the reset might have been actually worth fighting for just to get a new map.

It has enriched the gameplay both for fighters and toolshedders.

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Panman

• Copper Member
more ack
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2006, 03:09:27 AM »
With christmas coming up HT should change some of the ack color. Make some green & red. That way when someone is over the field it will look like 1 big xmas tree:O

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
more ack
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »
Originally posted by Panman
With christmas coming up HT should change some of the ack color. Make some green & red. That way when someone is over the field it will look like 1 big xmas tree:O

I'm thinking with all the whine ....make the ack rainbow colored.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline mutant

• Zinc Member
more ack
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2006, 01:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by sluggish
I think what we saw today will be the case.  Most have given up on the idea of taking bases and just furball.  There's always a learning curve when new gameplay aspects are introduced.  I hope we find a way around the new hurdles.  Teamwork is more important now than ever.  

Ageed that teamwork is now even more essential, however the new changes actually make it easier for a well organized squad to roll territory.
 With a few changes in tactics the town ack is taken care of while increased # of barracks and field ack make it near impossible for opposition to put a halt to the advance!

LTARcnuk

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
more ack
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2006, 01:36:26 PM »
Ageed that teamwork is now even more essential, however the new changes actually make it easier for a well organized squad to roll territory.

Not if a resistance few decides to intervene ... troops or not ... with the new ack, defensive lifters have a much better chance of repelling an attack.

It is much more fun fighting and beating the attackers back than going NOE and shooting little tents.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
more ack
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »
Not if a resistance few decides to intervene ... troops or not ... with the new ack, defensive lifters have a much better chance of repelling an attack.     It is much more fun fighting and beating the attackers back than going NOE and shooting little tents.

The thing is....

I have noted that the #1 tactic for taking bases is fast becoming, high alt. buff's targetting the FH's 1st, not the acks. After the they remove the "defensive lifters", then they work the acks.

The more organized hordes are coming up with tactics to work around the new ack bases/towns.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline mutant

• Zinc Member
more ack
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2006, 02:14:47 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Not if a resistance few decides to intervene ... troops or not ... with the new ack, defensive lifters have a much better chance of repelling an attack.

It is much more fun fighting and beating the attackers back than going NOE and shooting little tents.

:lol  Touche!  Time will tell which of these shows true (perhaps neither and the changes are actually balanced).

See you on the battlefeld!

LTARcnuk

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
more ack
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »
Originally posted by CAV
The thing is....

I have noted that the #1 tactic for taking bases is fast becoming, high alt. buff's targetting the FH's 1st, not the acks. After the they remove the "defensive lifters", then they work the acks.

The more organized hordes are coming up with tactics to work around the new ack bases/towns.

CAVALRY

Yes, but this takes quite a bit of time, alot more time than before when a couple 110's and a goon could take a field in a few minutes. The time it takes is enough for a serious defense to up from an adjacent field and re-buff the attackers. This creates a fight.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
more ack
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Yes, but this takes quite a bit of time, alot more time than before when a couple 110's and a goon could take a field in a few minutes. The time it takes is enough for a serious defense to up from an adjacent field and re-buff the attackers. This creates a fight.

Zazen

Time is critical ... typical horde monkeys don't have the attention span long enough to pull it off.

Once they are repelled/biatch slapped a couple of times ... they simple disappear.

Prime example last night in MW. Rooks brought it to the Bish and captured a base near HQ ... while some Rooks took down HQ and took out our radar, other Rooks ganged the next base next to HQ (high alt base) and other tried to take a GV base.

Well, all it took was a couple of stubborn Bish uppers and the new ack umbrella and lo and behold ... after 20 minutes or so of being stymied ... they gave up. Meanwhile Karaya single handedly, in an Osti, repelled all attacks at the GV base ... and guess what ? ... yup ... they gave up.

Those of us that defended the air base (<> AKs), then took the fight to the Rooks, and after an hour or so of persistent and timely attacks from the air and ground ... we re-captured the base and HQ was safe.

It took an hour, an eternity for some I am sure, but I only hope that, for the majority of base captures, that is how long it will take to capture a base.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
more ack
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »
SO FAR...... LOVE IT!

The new ack seems more realistic, I used to hate when 1 dweeb porker in an la7 could de-ack whole field, then strat the tower & ammo, & still have enuff ammo for a couple vulches before engaging the warp drive for the ride home.

I think it should only take 4-5 guys that KNOW HOW to de-ack a field, be able to clear current ack. I can get 2-3 per pass & thats in a yak.

I still see plenty of base captures, & hordes, but the ack gives the skilled sticks a bit more time to smack down the (usually unskilled) hored, which deters them quicker.

Now when you get jumped by 3-4 guys & you have the chance to run to base, you might live when U get there. (IMO- as it should be)

As for the Hi Alt Buffs, there might now be a use for the high alt fighters....... what a concept!

In closing, Id like to see Buff fuel burn become a lil more realistic, that will help with the 20K buff factor as well..... I know all my buffs are loaded at just 25%
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
more ack
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2006, 01:13:56 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon

In closing, Id like to see Buff fuel burn become a lil more realistic, that will help with the 20K buff factor as well..... I know all my buffs are loaded at just 25%

Are you saying buffs are getting to high, low or what??  20K buff factor?  If I'm not mistaken 20K and above is where the big boys should be.

Are you saying that you want bombers to have to load a ton of fuel and slow the already ponderous climb of the bombers to 20K even more than now?:confused:
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!