Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 36457 times)

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #285 on: November 30, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad? If all you want to do is dogfight, then hell, whats wrong with filling up the DA with your arcade or why not have two arenas, one where we can have our game back, the other where these arcade furballers can have their perpetual dogfight? The rest of us are trying to win a war here. Winning a war means taking bases, taking bases is often the path of least resistance. How realistic is it to have all your players crammed into six airfields on a map? Just because you want to dogfight, we are going to eliminate a basic strategy here? Get over yourself, some of us don't like mindless arcade furballing.

OK so how many times do I have to tell you I like to fight for a base.  That is not furballing is it?

You said above
Nobody is avoiding anything,
but when we boil it down you want the path of least resistance, i.e. taking undefended bases.

So your right for you and your squad this change affects you most.  Now you have to fight.  That is a shame.  :rolleyes:   Carry on.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
And if your sole purpose in an online combat flight game is not to engage in Air to Air Warfare then why or what is the point of even getting online?  Chat room?

Besides Air to Air combat I also like to fly bombing missions, do vehicle missions both offensive and defensive, gun a ship either in defense or attacking a base, try a field capture by either air or ground plus whatever other options are available to me.  I think they built all of these into the game so that ther would be more to do than just air to air combat and I, for one, like it.

This isn't meant to critisize your comment but I think it was a little short-sighted.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad?

I think that is the bottom line folks.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
How about having an arena for those guys who enjoy working as a team and taking a base together.  It could be called the TW Arena (Team Work Arena) and have only one playable country, the rest would just be bases defended by AI ack?

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2006, 02:37:40 PM »
I DON'T like the idea.

We can't capture the base of our choosing - say a port, or a field inside the enemy country. Taking a zone base by leap-frogging the front bases now seems to be impossible.

We've lost the ability to be a little more 'creative' with what we can target.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad? If all you want to do is dogfight, then hell, whats wrong with filling up the DA with your arcade or why not have two arenas, one where we can have our game back, the other where these arcade furballers can have their perpetual dogfight? The rest of us are trying to win a war here. Winning a war means taking bases, taking bases is often the path of least resistance. How realistic is it to have all your players crammed into six airfields on a map? Just because you want to dogfight, we are going to eliminate a basic strategy here? Get over yourself, some of us don't like mindless arcade furballing.

And you continue to try and mask your desire not to fight under any circumstances by labeling the folks who want to fight as mindless furballers worried about their score.

I don't look at my score and could care less.  As I posted previously, I was very involved in the base capture part of things last night in the new set up.  It gave me a reason to be, as there was a fight to be had.

It was not a desire for a perpetual furball.  It was the desire to be a part of the fight, in whatever form as I knew the bad guys would be there too.

You continue to try and deflect away from your desire to avoid the fight by trying to typecast those of us who want the game to involve all aspects with a fight as something we're not.

My desire in the game is to see all types of gameplay integrated.  Yours is clearly to get the 'furballers' as you call them, to go to the DA and leave you alone.

You want a split in the community.  I want it to operate together.

It isn't working Twitchy.  Try another tactic.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
First of all I never was never "thumping my chest" over anything.

All of things you piss and moan about are things that ALL of us have had to deal with.  The undefended base sneaks, imbalanced numbers, etc.  But the difference between you and I is that I just took them for what they were.  Did having one of my rear bases stolen in a sneak piss me off?  Yes it did because I knew that it threw my country off and we would now have to deal with getting that base back.  Did being out numbered piss me off?  Yep.  And this is something people like you do not understand.  You seem to think that there is one country and only one country that is always out numbered.  Well, all of the countries suffer that fate from time to time.  And guess what, the fact that I choose not to switch countries means that I get hit with overwhelming numbers from time to time.  So what?  I live with it.  Just as I live with all of the other things that don't sit right with me sometimes.  If it's too much to handle I don't play.  Otherwise I find ways of making the best of it.  People attacking and trying to sneak one of my rear bases?  I watch the map and look for that and try and prevent it if it happens.  Being outnumbered?  So what?  It makes for some good fights as well as prompting me to look for something to throw the country with numbers off.

You have no idea what I do or have done in this game when I play.  So why is it that you find the need to assume you know exactly what I am all about?

You were good at dodgeball, I can tell.   Ok, since you delibertly dodging the obvious.  

I DO know the majority of folks play.   I'm sorry God gave me a photographic memory which allows to pretty much "know who I'm fighting" as soon as I encounter them.    

The "lone base" 5 sectors away is the least of my issues.   What has ended is 50-60 cons attacking an undefended base (regardless of how far away).  

Find me a thread on this BBS where I have EVER WHINED about being on the "short stack" more often as a Rook than any other country.   I'll answer it for you. I HAVEN'T.  

Now, again my first post explains what is happening right now.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »
Besides Air to Air combat I also like to fly bombing missions, do vehicle missions both offensive and defensive, gun a ship either in defense or attacking a base, try a field capture by either air or ground plus whatever other options are available to me. I think they built all of these into the game so that ther would be more to do than just air to air combat and I, for one, like it.

I though Air to Air Warfare included all of that stuff.  If I only meant Air to Air Combat then that is what I would have typed.  Your the one saying only Air to Air combat.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
OK so how many times do I have to tell you I like to fight for a base.  That is not furballing is it?

You said above  but when we boil it down you want the path of least resistance, i.e. taking undefended bases.

So your right for you and your squad this change affects you most.  Now you have to fight.  That is a shame.  :rolleyes:   Carry on.

Do you take transport to work, or do you walk.

if youre so for paths of restiance walk to work, but i bet you drive to work.

Its human logic to take least path of resistance, human nature doesnt change when you switch on a pc,

some ppl mock the horde mentality, that also is human instinct and nature

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2006, 02:43:26 PM »
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad?

I think it's more along the lines of ...

You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to capture a defended base.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I'm sorry God gave me a photographic memory which allows to pretty much "know who I'm fighting" as soon as I encounter them.  

So you know me?

hmmmm...what was that dot command again for knowing who you are up against again?  I myself have to wait until after I shoot the other guys down before I know who he is?  Do your icons show enemy names or something?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »

Anytime you want to go to the DA and "prove your point".   Let me know.   I can careless about my Score.   But the fact remains, your "argument" was deep 6'd and you are resorting to "feints" like your gameplay.    THAT is the bottom line of the BOTTOM LINE.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2006, 02:48:13 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie

Its human logic to take least path of resistance, human nature doesnt change when you switch on a pc,

In a game where no one really dies?

Why play against other people if you don't want to deal with them?

No one has anything to lose by fighting in this game.  NOTHING, NO ONE DIES.  Why play if you don't want to compete against the other folks out there?

All those years as a kid when I'd look at the models of 17s, Spits, 109s hanging from my ceiling.  I'd imagine myself inside one, wishing there was a way I could 'fly' them.  I never once thought about that and imagined myself flying them around a fight to avoid it.  I imagined myself in flak filled skies with bad guys all around me.

Flight sims on the computer show up and I get the chance.  Why would I change my thinking to how can I avoid flak filled skies, full of bad guys for the thrill of avoiding them?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »

Are you serious??  Do you really think this logic suffices?  This is game where hopefully people log in to fight each other.  If you don't want to fight other people then you are right, this change is not for you and I can see why you are upset.  Now you have to fight and you don't like it.  I am sorry for you.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
So you know me?

hmmmm...what was that dot command again for knowing who you are up against again?  I myself have to wait until after I shoot the other guys down before I know who he is?  Do your icons show enemy names or something?

Donzo, I can pretty tell anyone on range who I am fighting, by "their style".   It is because I FIGHT.  

Anyone that plays this game will tell you "they know is in that other plane" as they have their own style.   I'm sorry that I know when Shane, CptDeath, AKDogg, Pistol, Falcnwng, VegasX, MacMAW, BGBMAW, IceMAW, KillnU, and MANY others are in that plane behind me, or in front of me.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC