Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 37680 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:11 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Name a WWII battle where "an undefended" Island or Area was attacked.   Sorry, there was always "opposition".    Also, La7's if engaged probably had the sack to fight for their national pride in WWII and run like a Greyhound chasing the mechanical rabbit.

allys attacked an almost undefended part of normandy, they tricked the gerry's with some useful radar tricks courtesy of RAF.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »
Originally posted by Oleg
You give too much honour to me, i dont deserve it

Not enough honour Oleg.   We strive for the same thing.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »
Ive only been playing a month or so, so I dont really have a strong opinion, so I am one of those figuring "if it's not broke, dont fix it". I don't see what the problem was before.

also, it just seems like an awful waste of space... why have the huge map with hundreds of bases, when you can only really fight at a few?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:23 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Twitchy, not to de-rail buddy, but did your 5th grade English teacher not explain to you the concept of paragraphs? Jesus, who the hell is going to read that wall of text even if they cared what you are saying?!?

Zazen

Actually, I'm an ex-literature major and a published author. If this were my master's thesis, I might have been more concerned with my grammar. I majored in 19th century British and American Literature, so long paragraphs are ok with me. I wrote it, I'm ok with it. Thanks for your decidedly unrelated take on the situation though.  :rolleyes:
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
Leopards, Cheetahs, Foxes, Polar Bears...I could name more.  They do not hunt in packs.

I can think of another type of pack that more closely resembles the hordes in AH:

what baout whales and dolphins, now realized to be some of the most intelligen creatures in the world.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
Defended, Undefended, it doesn't matter. Base taking precludes all the nuances of fighting or not fighting. If you defend it, fine, I'll fight you, if you don't, then I will take your base. Why in the hell are we going to be forced into fighting at 6 bases on a map of dozens or hundreds? What kind of arcade crap is that? What a giant Furball does to my FPS aside, if you want to furball, hell man furball, find the usual ever-present furball on the map and swarm around all you like, but you sure in the hell don't have any justifications for manipulating, or generalizing my game play to suit YOUR preferences. I don't avoid fights, and I don't just go after undefended bases, but if you're ignorant enough to leave a base flashing for thirty minutes and not up to defend it, then how is that anything even like my bad? Are you so great that your way of playing is the only way? Is furballing each other so wonderful that we should all be FORCED into playing that way? What's the point of having ords, having troops, strats, ground vehicles, limited ammo, field ack, or anything but fighters? Hell let's play it your way and just spawn into mid air and get rid of all the silly bases and the entire concept of war, or even winning, and base taking. Would that please you? Probably. As for the rest of us, we're getting kind of sick of the game being manipulated to suit one style of game play. Screw Furballing, I love a good dog fight as much as the next guy, but furballing exclusively, thats what the friggin DA is there for. Use it for your arcade, leave the MA alone so the rest of us can play the way we like playing. If I want to dogfight, then I will up a fighter and dogfight, if I want to take a base, then I will up something heavy and hit the base, who the hell are you to tell me I have to engage dozens of cons to play the game?

Tell ya what ... go to the page link that Skuzzy posted and look at the screenshot he is talking about ... the come back here are tell us what you think.

There are FAR MORE than 6 fields that can be captured. I didn't see this last night and was new to me until just a couple of minutes ago ... I kept looking at the map and only saw a few captureable bases along the "blue line" but was willing to deal with.

Now that I see the list of available bases that are available for capture ... there is nothing to gripe about anymore as far as I am concerned.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Banzzai

• Copper Member
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
That applies to all the bases chained together. They do not all have to be in the chain.

I took this screenshot yesterday and it shows all the fields a country can capture on that terrain.

The system is pretty flexible.

With the chained fields, you cannot proceed to the next field in the chain without first taking the one currently marked by the large ICON. However, any field not in the chain can be taken at any time.
To expedite finding those fields, the list is provided in the country status.

nice list of fields but
don't you have to capture the ports to take the CV'S?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:45:58 PM by Banzzai »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2006, 03:43:17 PM »
Calling Normandy "almost undefended" is the biggest understatement of the year.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2006, 03:44:34 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Whoa, did anyone else read this?  Skuzz are you saying that any field listed in the "capturable" fields category under the "country status" list are takeable at any time?  If so that would should silence all the crying from the mooks.   Somehow I doubt it will though.
That is correct.  Any field listed in the capture list can be captured at any time.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
allys attacked an almost undefended part of normandy, they tricked the gerry's with some useful radar tricks courtesy of RAF.

Undefended?  Which part of Normandy were you referring to?  Those guys on Omaha Beach would seem to suggest it was defended. along with all those others who lost thier lives that day.

Any idea how many sorties were flown over those beaches?  A rough count shows 102 allied planes down that day.  Undefended?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
what baout whales and dolphins, now realized to be some of the most intelligen creatures in the world.

Whales and dolphins scare me.  Too smart methinks.  I don't trust ANYTHING they do.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2006, 03:47:42 PM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
Whales and dolphins scare me.  Too smart methinks.  I don't trust ANYTHING they do.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!" :).  See if anyone gets it.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
That is correct.  Any field listed in the capture list can be captured at any time.
Haha, this whole whinefest has been about nothing then.  If people could just read, all would be well.   Thanks Skuzzball.

:D

Somehow I think the myths about this new setup will take weeks to get rid of though, as usual. lol.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:09 PM »

You keep digging yourself deeper into the Anthropologic hole ... stop already.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »

I suggest you read more on the subject of D-Day.   Wow!  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC