Author Topic: Now Ive been here a while but never seen this....  (Read 2315 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Now Ive been here a while but never seen this....
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »
Silat of course the cookies go downhill, it's the law.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2006, 04:47:13 AM »
Originally posted by drkorf
I really don't understand why this is funny. Is it humorous to use girls in a derrogatory way? What next, cripples, old people, blacks, asians, or jews? Sure, it's light-hearted humor. So was making fun of black people at one time. I can remember someone saying "*****z" online and a black person took offense. A quick apology ensued. I'm fairly certain that the few females who play this game probably don't think girl jokes are funny, and an apology would be nice. People who use these kinds of "jokes" aren't necessarily racist or sexist. It's part of a problem in our culture. However, if you were transplanted back into the "separate but equal" era, would you go along with the jokes or find some other way to be funny?

Actually, when its in good humour (like it is most of the time), i can laugh about those jokes. Heck, i myself joke about the "Male Ego" half the time, isnt that derogatory too? No harm in joking about girls - and if someone says: "youre flying like a little girl" I say thanks for that compliment, we all know girls are the better intuitive pilots :p.

Also, im sometimes *very* tempted to tell the mr-toughguy in his P51 that hes currently running scared from a little girl :). Shoot a Lady in the back, will you? Dang those gentlemen arent what they used to be..... :D

I guess what i want to say is: Its all about the attitude behind it. Other than that, you cannot be PC *all* the time.... that just doesnt work. I have never once been really offended as a female in AH. On the contrary, often even the loudmouths go out of their way to "hold the virtual door open".

Happy New Year to everyone, male female or otherwise (Silat ;))! >S<
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:42:40 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2006, 05:19:44 AM »
Hell if ya cant laugh at yourself then you got a serious problem....

All

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2006, 10:40:01 AM »
Originally posted by drkorf
I really don't understand why this is funny. Is it humorous to use girls in a derrogatory way? What next, cripples, old people, blacks, asians, or jews? Sure, it's light-hearted humor. So was making fun of black people at one time. I can remember someone saying "*****z" online and a black person took offense. A quick apology ensued. I'm fairly certain that the few females who play this game probably don't think girl jokes are funny, and an apology would be nice. People who use these kinds of "jokes" aren't necessarily racist or sexist. It's part of a problem in our culture. However, if you were transplanted back into the "separate but equal" era, would you go along with the jokes or find some other way to be funny?

:confused:      :noid

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
i do remember giving Pawz a cheap shot in DA tho..think i apologized for that one.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »
hold on?? wtf? let me get this right....schatzi's a female?

:eek:
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »
Not only that Bat, but she's a GIRL too!;)

RTR
The Damned

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »
SkyRock<----owns Husky01!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"