Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4624 times)

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk

Says the 6 month vet who's seen it all.

Bronk

Originally posted by MotorOil1
That'd be 3 year vet thanks since we're counting.

MotorOil1

Bronk calls em as he sees em

WTG! :aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
Repoman,

That was a tongue in cheek post and you know it.

Yeah, I know.

My Irony detector was off the charts when I read this in the other thread. My attempt at humor often falls on deaf ears. Im really only here to amuse myself anyway.

:rolleyes: :D
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN

Mentality at it's best!  Don't worry, I won't explain it to you, I can see it'd be way too much for you to handle.

:rolleyes:
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Winning TT Map
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN
MotorOil1

WTG! :aok

I didn't realize that your time on the AH BBS directly reflected your time playing the game.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2007, 12:31:44 PM »
Has all this gotten personal yet?

hap

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: IT'S CHANGED TO 40 % NOW
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX

To me the major stumbling blocks under the 50 50 are those uncapturable.  If the conventional approach was taken like the Bish did earlier in the TOD you have to get past some uncapturables to take the capturable fields beyond.  Meanwhile Furball Island is in your rear doing you up the rear.....  You may argue the toss over this but that's the crooks of it.

[/B] [/B]

Exactly that's what I was trying to point out with the picture I posted. ( link ).  Was the fact that under the new system there is no way to get passed the un-capable bases, so it forces you to take the center of the map to win in the current set up.

Finally someone else speaks the truth instead of not being about to see the forest for the trees. These guys are pissed off because we took away their TT, but are so mad at that, they can't see that it had to be done to win the map.

They can say it worked this way or that way in the "past" , untill they are blue in the face. The fact is, that way doesn't work "now", now you must take the center to win the map. (or atleast under the 90,50,50 will have to see how the 40,40 works.)

I agree with everything you posted there, I just didn't want to quote it all. As for moving the uncapturable bases, to the center I think that would make the most sense and make everyone happy.
"strafing"

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »
Thank you Crocket and Lynx for your latests posts.

You pretty much summed up where this post should have headed.  Under the 50/50 capture system, if you left TT alone, you would have to JUMP OVER uncapturable bases on the periphery to win the war.  Virtually, if not entirely, an impossible feat.

An easy solution would be to make TT bases uncapturable and make two periphery (curently uncapturable) bases capturable..problem solved.  (or change 50/50 rule, even easier)

I have no idea why this garnered so much anymosity.  Skyrock, Karaya(masherburn??), Bronk(maybe not Bronk), bj229 and a few choice others had absolute conniption fits over this.  They were distracted from the main point that this map is flawed under the 50/50 capture rule.  

They've accussed me of being a griefer, maliciously ruining fun, trying to force support of capture system and needing to have it 'my way'.   (and they called me names too, which weally weally hurt my feewins!!!)

This was followed by threats of reporting my missions to enemy and setting a vendetta that me and my squad would be singled out for retribution.

Then lastly seemed to take solice in their past exploits of mission running and unquestionable YEARS of experience;  As if to reinforce their superior reasoning, moral unassailability and absolutism.

SHAME ON THEM.

I don't give a rats prettythang about TT.  If the map can be won without it that is fine by me...even better.  Taking TT ruins the fun for many and that is not what I am about.  It does NOT work to take TT to force others to join missions or fight your way, they will simply leave to another arena or do their own thing.  Or, if they do stay, they'll move to the periphery to fight the takes we are trying to accomplish there.  (both results are counterproductive)

So HiTech has changed the system to 40/40/90 eh?  Well that seems to reinforce my arguement doesn't it.  Kudos for the change.  Now I can get back to what I like doing, the TT crowd can go back to what they like doing.

I think this horse has been whipped enuf, don't you?  Thanks everyone for posting except for guys mentioned above.  Above all to any of you participating my missions:

"THANK YOU FOR JOINING MY MISSION
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:09:48 PM by DREDger »

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2007, 01:56:35 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
Has all this gotten personal yet?

hap

Mentality at it's best! Don't worry, I won't explain it to you, I can see it'd be way too much for you to handle.

I guess so, Hap.

Motor...whatever your name is.....I will explain it to you in hopes you come away from your attempt to burn me with a lesson learned. My response was pointing out where Bronk, a fine bbs citizen IMO, was attaining his information. I mearly was trying to amuse myself and maybe the few that understand the style of satire that flourishes here on the bbs. My post quoting DREDger's mulitple accounts was written in the same style. I am truly sorry that I don't live up to your level of understanding and intellect. I only aim to stir the pot and hope that someone will laugh at the end product.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »
lol, this thread is sweet.

at this juncture, i would like to say

1. I support GVers who want to frolic in TT.  as little as i use tanks, i can appreciate their desire for TT, as i was very fond of (at times) FT.

2. You guys who want to use what posters have written in other threads, to make a point against the person and not the issue are funny

3. if it seems like you are getting no where on the BB you probably are.  if you feel like no one is really listening to you consider this.  a)your point makes no sense, b) you are not listening either, and c) it's the BB.  of forgot d) if you are listening it's not working very well, should read instead.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »

-Snip-

An easy solution would be to make TT bases uncapturable and make two periphery (curently uncapturable) bases capturable..problem solved.  (or change 50/50 rule, even easier)

-Snip-

As much as I disagree with your motives and such, I do agree with you here. I think the TT/FT bases should be UNcapturable or at least play no role in the 'race to reset'. I am not much of a TT junkie as my current AH PC hates it there, it's like a slideshow for me. But I like it there cause I can go find alot of good 1v1 or 2v1 fights elsewhere. I do enjoy a good mishun with my squad. Can't harldy stand an 'all bish' style mishun because it's like herding cats and there is never anything left when the base is finally taken, if that even happens.

So, I repectfully say, sir, fine debate.

[/beat-horse]

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »

I don't give a rats prettythang about TT.  If tB]

see when you say this, you are not only talking about a location, but the players who love that area.  please continue making friends for you missions though.....may not want to call on any of the people who like that area though, and don't get mad when they don't do what you tell them to.

through the years the only tactical thing you usually ever see is one country have big number advantage for longer period of time. sadly, that's about all there is to it.  guess we can pretend that we are all really great generals  though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:11:52 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
Originally posted by MotorOil1
That'd be 3 year vet thanks since we're counting.

Ohhh look another shade how original.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »
Original Post by Pluck:

see when you say this, you are not only talking about a location, but the players who love that area.

My response...:rolleyes:

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
IMHO....i personally agree with makin TT bases uncapturable. i for one am a furballer...i luv the furball in the middle of TT, we dont have a donut map no more with FT and that was my fav map. when the donut map was up, u could always find me in the air at FT. i think it was a dweebish move for other sides to capture the TT bases. i had caught a few fellow ppl on the same side as me tryin to capture the other sides bases in TT and i told them not to, that it was a pretty dweebish thing to do. it ruins the fun for the gv'rs and the furballers. just my 2 cents
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2007, 03:16:52 PM »
I have no idea why this garnered so much anymosity.  Skyrock, Karaya(masherburn??), Bronk(maybe not Bronk), bj229 and a few choice others had absolute conniption fits over this.  They were distracted from the main point that this map is flawed under the 50/50 capture rule.  

They've accussed me of being a griefer, maliciously ruining fun, trying to force support of capture system and needing to have it 'my way'.   (and they called me names too, which weally weally hurt my feewins!!!)  

I've NEVER called you names.   On the other hand, I have some film of you and your fanboi's doing what you state.   I like it when folks like you get to backpedaling and you lie to TRY and make yourself look better.  

I deal with FACTS, not opinion or conjecture.   I've stated this to you and your fanboi's on many occasions.   I've come to the conclusion since you aren't listening to that, you must be the kid from "Life Goes On".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC