Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »
Originally posted by DREDger

Bronk, yep, part of the game.  Nothin I can do about, it's allowed, will happen appearantly, so be it.

I do see a difference in what I'm talking about and what they're talking about, but thats just my opinion.

No difference. You spoiled someones fun in tt now they spoil yours. Whats good for the goose and all.

I say change TT to be uncapturable or live with the fact it is meant to be captured.  Defend against it, or fight for it back.

Thats fine just live with the fact you pissin in another rooks cheerios. Now I think he is going to make it a point to pee in yours. How's that taste? Defending TT from a dedicated attack is all but pointless. The mindless fun seekers go there. So yea real tuff to take that with a dedicated mission.:rolleyes:

The other, well, if guys want to play like that's their perogative (babies get their way).  Anyone in my squad who does that is out.  We all fight on same country, win or loose, no crossovers allowed.  Nor will I participate with fellow rooks doing that even to our advantage.  I want no part of that kind of play.

What we have here folks is LCA part 2. We who have been here a bit have seen it before and we'll see it again. How long before you tell a fellow countryman, you'll pay his account if he goes to the other side so he can't tattle? I'm not kidding.

Frankly Bronk, I can affort 5 puters and 5 accounts if I wanted, but I don't take this game 'that' seriously.

I'm happy that you are that financially secure.
I think you will find once you don't take the game "that seriously" and treat it as a game.  
A. You will find it that much more enjoyable.
B. You will finally see the other side of the coin with a much better clarity.

Bronk
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:33:25 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »
Originally posted by DREDger Here

I didn't know that was against the rules?

I have two accounts, I up uber planes with my second account and shoot them down with my first account, usually flying a stuka or something vs niki or la. Brings me hours of amusement, I rarely have to interact with any other live players.

When I'm bored with that though, I use my second account to, well, you know, locate enemy CV's and go bomb them. I watch out for missions from one base to the other, then up to bust them.

My favorite is to wingman people on one account so I can see where they are on my other, then hunt them down.

Sometimes, like on friday when I'm feeling really crazy, I'll start talking smack on 200 from my second account to my first. I almost reported my second account for abuse last week (was insulting and used foul language) We resolved it though in DA, I tawt his punk prettythang a lesson he'll never forget, ho'n no skill dweeb.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

:noid
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »
What we have here folks is LCA part 2

I don't know what this is Bronk.  I don't play like that though and I won't have anything to do with those who do.  Last night some guy says 'I intercepted a bish radio transmittion and they are counterattacking 22"

Seriously, on open channel.  Me and a couple of other guys are like 'wtf' are you talking about.  Well, I think you and I know what that meant.  It is not neaded, and frankly you could look at the darbar to tell an attack was coming anyway.  (shulda wrote his name down for my own reference)

I organized a mission away from the scene.  It was found out and failed.  big deal.  Cross talk involved?  You know I doubt it, even though it was right after Karaya and Heeler said they would do exactly that.  I didn't see anything on open channel anyway.

Let me ask Bronk, if it is ok to tell 'n stuff, why wouldn't it occur on open channel, why private text an enemy player (or however)

Answer is simple, cause they know it's bs and don't want everyone to know they are doing it...yup

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »
Repoman,

That was a tongue in cheek post and you know it.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »
That fight for 22 last night was the best since i started playing.
I didn't care if we won or lost, i had a blast.
Got to drag an f6f behind the fight and kill him, then headed into the rear of the bish formation. Got a few pings, and a few kills before i was sandwhiched between a spit and another f6f, and blown out of the sky.
Re-upped two more times, and flew the whole time on edge. Was really alot of fun.  
There was probably over 150 pilots in that furball. Keep ticking off the bish dredger!

:aok
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
Originally posted by DREDger

Let me ask Bronk, if it is ok to tell 'n stuff, why wouldn't it occur on open channel, why private text an enemy player (or however)

Why he did it that way was simple. He wanted your mission to up and fail.

If he did it on open you might have canceled/postponed till it was forgotten about.
So he let you up, accomplish nothing and burn up your play time.

You have POed people who don't like griefers.  GL you're going to need it.
They will probably continue till you.
A. Fade away.
B. Stop porking their fun.

Once again GL, Karaya is like pitbull with stuff like this.
Those retakes of FT took real tenacity .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2007, 11:03:21 AM »
Skyrock,

Actually I have never joined a mission to take TT Vbases and am against the notion. However, I have joined many of Dredger's missions to capture other bases with much enjoyment.

My point to you sir is: In a different thread you took the moral high ground and chastised another player for posting a link to a video you found questionable, and were sore at the guy for not warning poeple that the video might be offensive to some. Yet in this thread your wording and tone are anything but inoffensive in the way you present your opinions. You sir are a hypocrite.

You expected him to warn people that the content might offend, I am simply suggesting you do the same and warn your postes might be offensive so we dont have to suffer through reading them to find out.

Practice what you preach sir.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Winning TT Map
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
Maybe you're ruining our fun by telling us not to take TT.

Oh, so it's "fun" to take TT.

The truth comes out.:aok

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
A little reading for DREDger.
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=180476&highlight=LCAs

This is what Hoorach and karaya are capable of.

Like I said you are nothing more than LCA part 2.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
IT'S CHANGED TO 40 % NOW
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »
Things are a tad different today.  Capture system has been lowered to 40% which SHOULD make life (win the war) easier.

However, with regard to this thread as WAS I will interject.  This furball Island map has been up close to a month for a couple of reasons.

1) Capture percent set to high from the get go with 4 UNcapturable bases.
2) Server crashes did not rotate the maps.  In-fact it kept resetting the same one.
3) The powers to be  havn't reset the map on a weekly bases.
4) Time zones and players around the planet allow captured fields to be recapture in off peak.  

So with the map being up so long many players are / were getting a tad miffed with it.  Something had to be done.  When the map was first up Bish put up a good show taking fields in the conventional way.  That's to say taking fields on the peripheries...only to lose them again the following day.  This is when I realised (short of an all out surrender/ no show of players) that this 50% system was un-settable.  I posted about it and went furballing on the Island.  Did seem rude to go without bombs for GV's though  :D.

Under the 33% rule TT needn't be touched because resets were obtainable, all be it with some juggling.  I will add that kicking enemy out off TT under the 33% rule would be counter productive to win the war because you face a larger force on the out side.  That said we were facing a 50 50 system and one month of the same map.

So... I would ask those that opposed the taking off TT to Zoom out of the map and take a good look.  Note the uncapturable field on each sides main land / HQ.  They are on the peripheries of this map.  Remember that Bish did in fact put up a good show but couldn't hold 50% of one team while going for the others 50%.  Note that the Bish were saving TT till last.  Their win the war strategy didn't work :eek:

Now with that map zoomed out would it make sense to you to PUSH out from the uncapturables to the centre or would it make sense to PUSH from the CENTRE out ?

To me the major stumbling blocks under the 50 50 are those uncapturable.  If the conventional approach was taken like the Bish did earlier in the TOD you have to get past some uncapturables to take the capturable fields beyond.  Meanwhile Furball Island is in your rear doing you up the rear.....  You may argue the toss over this but that's the crooks of it.

As to Dredger purposfully spoiling your fun I don't think so.  Same terrain up for a month and the number of POSTS about the same terrain...get a grip.

As to even thinking he intentionally shut down TT so he could use your resources to win the war.... you flatter yourselves friends.  Dredger has been here a number of years and knows the score.

I'll concur with Dredger that the uncapurable would be better placed on Furball Island just for the harmony of the player base with a 50 50 system.

This thread is about done because the capture percent is NOW 40 40 90

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
Lets see . . . if it were fightertown, in the old days every Blue Knight and other assorted dedicated furballer would be complaining about the griefing going on.

But it was tanktown, so . . . . . . . . Well, at least Bronk is here.

I've voiced my opinions on the twits who insist on ruining the fun of others, the ridiculous number/ENY situations, and the herds who enjoy both. I've come to realize that there's no point. If HT didn't want things to be the way they are, he would change them.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2007, 11:29:42 AM »
There's a lot of big talk in here about "how I'm the big leader and I single handedly captured a map in a few hours".  Well, that was history boyz.  I don't see any big leadership here or guys taking this map inside a few hours.  Maps changed.  As far as I'm concerned it's just talk, show me some action.  

I do see DREDger mishuns taking bases and creating some great conflict.  It's friken great.  That boyz is action.  

To all you whiners who like to toot your own horn but can't seem to do anything on this map.....  Go hijack another thread cause I really don't want to read about how good you think you are.  Thread's about winning TT map, not whether you like it or not.

Go play in TT, oh wait, we took it!

MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »
Originally posted by MotorOil1
SQUEEEEEAAAAAKKKKK

Says the 6 month vet who's seen it all.

:lol

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Re: IT'S CHANGED TO 40 % NOW
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX

To me the major stumbling blocks under the 50 50 are those uncapturable.  If the conventional approach was taken like the Bish did earlier in the TOD you have to get past some uncapturables to take the capturable fields beyond.  Meanwhile Furball Island is in your rear doing you up the rear.....  You may argue the toss over this but that's the crooks of it.

I agree.  Also there seems to be this insatiable love for the centre island now called TT.  A better strategy might be to take TT last as most people will be tied up there.  Soon as you take it there's this hornet's nest of players coming out to counter creating the "hord" effect (please see the countless other threads on this issue).

At the least take all surrounding, less defended islands and then hit TT.  Would make recapture a little more difficult.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Says the 6 month vet who's seen it all.

Bronk

That'd be 3 year vet thanks since we're counting.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-