Author Topic: What's Your Single Issue Voting Flash Point?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
What's Your Single Issue Voting Flash Point?
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »
It is murder....no matter how you defend the "woman's right to choose."

Her right to choose ends when she opts to have unprotected, irresponsible sex.

The fetus she chooses to terminate has dna that is just as unique as any individual on the planet.  They have a RIGHT to live...politically correct platitudes be damned.  Liberal men spout them because they like to keep promiscuous women in circulation....and the women don't want to bear any responsibility for the consequences of their mindless sexual escapades.

Truly, such individuals have no moral compass.  The vast majority of women having abortions do not have them because of threats to their health, but because they can't have something as "inconvenient" as a child cluttering up their free-wheeling lifestyles.

I don't picket abortion clinics or harrass their doctors or confront women going into them but I'm tired of *****-footing around people who wax indignant about my attitudes toward abortion and who use the most vitriolic hyperbole while defending the indefensible.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
I'm really starting to think that males of the species shouldn't even concern them selves with this issue, considering the fact that men can't get pregnant in the first place, and therefore really don't care. If there are any men out there that do really care I'd like to meet them

I am with Sandman; it takes two to make a baby.  If you want it and the man doesn’t he shouldn't have to pay for it.

Since you seem to think it should all be the women’s choice, it ALL should be her responsibility too.

Why should some poor guy get the shaft the rest of his life because some fun date doesn’t know how to use a condom? (or any other form of birth control.)

So yeah I agree with you too. Women’s issue totally or it should be, finances and all.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
If an abortion offends you, don't get one.
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
Something for the pro choice crowd from one of the women who started it all.

Here is a qoute from the creater of planned Parenthood Margaret Sanger.

Sanger's 1938 autobiography notes her 1916 opposition to abortion as the taking of life: "To each group we explained what contraception was; that abortion was the wrong way—no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but was well worth while in the long run, because life had not yet begun."[1

Interesting view.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
I'm really starting to think that males of the species shouldn't even concern them selves with this issue, considering the fact that men can't get pregnant in the first place, and therefore really don't care. If there are any men out there that do really care I'd like to meet them

When a woman decides she wants to have an abortion, the father of the unborn child has NO say in whether the infant is aborted or not. This is wrong. It takes a male AND a female to make a baby and both parents should have a say in whether or not an abortion takes place.

As easy as it is to get/use birth control these days it boggles my mind why folks who don't want babies don't use birth control. Things would be far less complicated if folks just used some form of birth control.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
Murder is a state issue therefor abortion should be as well.  The people of each state should make the decision, not the Big Bad Bully Feds.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
I am with Sandman; it takes two to make a baby.  If you want it and the man doesn’t he shouldn't have to pay for it.

Since you seem to think it should all be the women’s choice, it ALL should be her responsibility too.

Why should some poor guy get the shaft the rest of his life because some fun date doesn’t know how to use a condom? (or any other form of birth control.)

So yeah I agree with you too. Women’s issue totally or it should be, finances and all.

I don't think they should get the shaft, if a woman is stupid enough to get pregnant by some guy she sleeps with just because he's cute and doesn't really want a child, then let him off the hook, don't make him pay. BUT, if U guys don't want a child, then when a woman get an abortion, then sthu.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2007, 10:47:01 AM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
It is murder....no matter how you defend the "woman's right to choose."

Her right to choose ends when she opts to have unprotected, irresponsible sex.

I said I believe its a womans right to choose.
I never said I'd do it.
I never said it wasn't murder.
But I do believe that women who get pregnant and have an abortion just     "because" are total complete morons, with iq's of about 3.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »
I'll vote against anyone who uses hyperbole like "infanticide" or "murder" when discussing a woman's right to choose.
====
you should respect the fact that there are intelligent thoughtful and witty people who would consider your statement here as ignorant.  Which it most assuredly is :D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Padre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2007, 08:28:30 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I'll vote against anyone who uses hyperbole like "infanticide" or "murder" when discussing a woman's right to choose.
====
you should respect the fact that there are intelligent thoughtful and witty people who would consider your statement here as ignorant.  Which it most assuredly is :D

Yeager,

You must not have children, and if you do, then the ignorance is fully yours.
What's worse, is that your ignorance is most assuredly self-imposed, to defend a worthless, even Villianous, postion.

Here I'll restate my position with no Hyperbole:

"the baby has the Right to Live" not because I say so, but because the U.S. Constitution says so.

Furthermore as one that is sworn to defend the Constitiution of the United States against enemies both foriegn and domestic, I remind you:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

Real sorry the '73 Supreme Court was too dim "hold these truths to be self-evident", but we're working steadily to correct it.
and it will be done.

So, get on board for the big win.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:43:48 PM by Padre »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2007, 09:50:27 PM »
LOL...

You missed your target Padre. I think Yeager probably agrees with you, but you're new enough that you haven't figured out how he chooses to quote other posters.

FWIW, I have two children and I support a women's right to choose.

"Get on board for the big win." Too ****ing funny.
sand

Offline Padre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2007, 12:37:20 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
LOL...

You missed your target Padre. I think Yeager probably agrees with you, but you're new enough that you haven't figured out how he chooses to quote other posters.

FWIW, I have two children and I support a women's right to choose.

"Get on board for the big win." Too ****ing funny.

Yeah, sorry Yeager, I did mis-read that one.
as for you, Sandman, & midnight Target...Laugh it up.

"Calamity is imminent."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »
what did I post???

Crap my soft box.  Better go back and read me :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2007, 12:51:24 AM »
Oh yeah... Abortion rights will doom us all.

:noid
sand

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2007, 01:03:09 AM »
Oh....ok.  I see what I was getting at.

My definition of abortion is this:

Abortion is the intentional killing of a human fetus.  A human fetus is a human being in prenatal development."

In my opinion, by killing this human fetus the woman is solely responsible for  denying a human being the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

At this point in time, abortion is legal.  Perhaps at some future point, the law will mature and find that the killing of prenatal  defenseless and innocent fetuses is not only immoral, but illegal.  Lets hope that at some point in time George Bush nominated the right judges.  It might be his singular saving grace.  The bastard.

Other than that, I could not care any less than I already do.