Author Topic: Possible tt fix.  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
^^

Can certainly see that happening, especially as you say, when the numbers are low.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »
Like I said Bronks idea is not a bad and worth considering.

I do however, prefer an  (edited from 'his')  earlier suggestions of:

1.  Make GV bases on TT uncapturable, and change one of the periphery base to 'capturable' (thereby keeping same number of capturable vs uncapturable)

2.  Remove spawns from GV bases to Airfields
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:11:58 PM by DREDger »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf
^^

Can certainly see that happening, especially as you say, when the numbers are low.

Yea it's bad enough trying to take bases now during off peak times.
"strafing"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 12:07:01 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
Like I said Bronks idea is not a bad and worth considering.

I do however, prefer the (his) earlier suggestions of:

1.  Make GV bases on TT uncapturable, and change one of the periphery base to 'capturable' (thereby keeping same number of capturable vs uncapturable)

2.  Remove spawns from GV bases to Airfields.

I have never brought up the above as a fix.

I have said i could live with the 1st part of 1, and i could live with 2.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 12:08:40 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

:huh

Bronk

Edited for civility's sake.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:42:38 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

:huh
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 12:20:53 PM »

World peace
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:19:19 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf
^^

Crockett was commenting on what you said here, It appears Bronk was just pointing that out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:28:59 PM by 68Ripper »
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
As we teeter on the precipice of civility...guns are cocked, breath is held, everyone watching for the first shot across the bow.......

"Something should be done about the map, because the win the war vs TT gv styles are incompatible on this map.  Most KNOW that the center island is INTRAGAL to winning the map, and that is why center island captures will CONTINUE to occur"

(as I dive for cover, throw the covers over my head and stick my fingers in my ears going LALALALALALA CANT HEAR U CANT HEAR U)

:noid

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
Ah!

:rofl       :huh
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:50:34 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
Stampf a quick edit if you please. Just to keep the peace.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 01:11:28 PM »
I like LYNX's idea of just swaping the existing uncapturable bases with the bases in TT.  Leave 2 next to HQ uncapturable, make the other two capturable, and make the airfield and v-base for each country on TT isle uncapturable.

Problem solved.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
Actually, I was thinking - it might be better if there weren't any airfields at all on the center island.  

That way, if a few players from a country did sign in and find all 3 bases belonging to another country, they could up a strike mission, take a vehicle base, and have more than the usual minute or two before being subjected to the first airstrike. It would promote defenders jumping into GV's to defend instead of relying on air strike capabilities from the airfield 60 seconds away to recapture the base.  (Which makes the ground players happier because there's more incentive for a ground war.)

And because there'd be no close air support to either defend (or take) GV bases, doing either one with aircraft would require a little more planning, be a little harder and a little easier to stop - and once again promote the use of ground vehicles because they are closer and easier to re-up if you die (which would again make the ground players happy.)  And without some ground support, keeping the field if you took it solely with air would be highly problematic - unless you up GV's to defend it once you take it, the guys you took it from would simply up a tank and the required number of M5's when they see the writing on the wall, run off the field a bit, and once it's taken- retake it  - probably before the C47 could land.

Also, without airfields, there would be much less strategic importance to taking the island from the point of view of those who play field capture in the first place. It would no longer give them strategic airfields from which to strike across out the rest of the map.  This means the ground players would be a lot more likely to be left alone until the end game because the vehicle bases are easier to take and retake - without airfields on the island, I *think* they'd be more inclined to be ignored until the final hours of the map, since if you try to take them before you are "nearly at reset" you're going to be spinning your wheels trying to re-take them every 1/2 hour.  

Without airfields, I think that you'd see that final, bitter battle often being fought over the island, as the "almost losers" take and try to hold the GV fields on the island to prevent the reset and the "almost winners" trying to take the that last field there because it's harder to take an airfield, which means that the GV players would have a siginifant strategic role in the end game.

All in my own very humble opinion of course.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
Originally posted by Ghastly

Without airfields, I think that you'd see that final, bitter battle often being fought over the island

The flaw in your scenerio is that GV fields are easy to take and that is why they are usually taken early.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Possible tt fix.
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
The flaw in your scenerio is that GV fields are easy to take and that is why they are usually taken early.

So by making fields even harder to capture to make it more fun for the GV'ers, you then kill the fun for the win the war players. As it is now, if a V base is fairly well defended then they are still pretty hard to capture.

I have a idea, if HT isn't going to make them no-caps, then the GV'ers that like TT so much should learn how to defend their V bases. I've been playing GV's from time to time but I fail to see why the GV'er should not have to worry about the same things the guys in the planes do.

I like to play just about all styles of game play. I like joining missions, playing win the war, furballing and even GV sometimes. Just like it might tick off some of the GV'ers if their TT gets taken, well it ticks me off sometimes when it's almost a senseless battle trying to capture a fields because of a bottle neck in a map. Or better yet, what's better than having a CV close to a enemy base and a great furball is going on, and no one is trying to cap the base, but then someone sinks the CV and kills the fun.

I'm not saying it's not ok to sink a CV, but sometimes there is a good fight and everyone is doing just that fighting not trying to take each others bases.. Just a nice big furball and someone comes along a ruins it. I mean it's one thing if they are killing the town and trying to cap the base, by all means kill the CV but if it's a a nice furball leave it alone.

So there are lots of times in this game when things happen that you don't like. It's not just exclusive to TT campers who get pissy if someone ruins their 26 spawn kills sortie. Hell I get pissy when the VH comes back up and no one has ords and it ruins the vouch fest fun. Yet no one complains about that on 200 or runs to the forums calling people griefers or party poopers. I mean heck at least  to get a base to the point you can voulch it, yea gotta do some work getting it there. TT all you have to do is spawn and turn your turret. So I say if you don't defend your bases, then don't complain about it.
"strafing"