Author Topic: Check out the debris from this HO shot  (Read 2374 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Check out the debris from this HO shot
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
Balls of steel on that guy. Kills 5, 6th one jumps him and shoots his wristwatch off. He bails and swims to an island where he's traded by natives to a friendly tribe for a sack of rice. Wow.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
I can guarantee that first jap was screaming on 200
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »
Nice video.  Thanks for the link.

He seems like a real good guy who would be fun to know.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »
Uh oh....he ho'd someone.

In real combat.

Prepare for the whiners.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
The HO
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 02:33:40 PM »
Originally posted by halcyon

In real combat.

Prepare for the whiners.

LMAO...  "Japanese Pilot 200:  That SOB HO'd me!  Only a dweeb HO's!  Don't you know how to fly?  No way you'd beat me 1 v 1.  Wanna go DA?"

Who'd a thunk it?  A HO in actual combat?  

:)

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »

In real combat.

Prepare for the whiners.

I don't really think the issue of Ho'ing has anything to do with if it took place in real combat or not. The issue is it's used by dweebs in this game because for the most part they suck and can't do anything else.

It's about mutual respect between two guys fighting, It's considered a skill-less cheap shot in a one on one first pass.

If the fight is in a few turns and you get a shot with a HO by all means take it.. However if all you can do is try for a first pass Ho then extend to make another HO and so on.. Well that's a dweebism at it's finest.
"strafing"

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
HO'ing
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »
I love it.

Put these guys (whiners in here) in real combat and see what happens.  You do what you gotta' do to survive.  You guys are real heroes in cartoon airplanes.  

So, I dumbly play along in here (Arenas) with 12th Century Knight chivalry ethics and I hold off not firing on the HO on the 1st pass.  Sucker bait!  All you guys whine about it, but everytime I withold fire, I'm dead.

Whine all you want, call me names, I'll do what I gotta' do in here.

I love that Wildcat, but not in LW.

I'm not too sure the modeling of some of these cartoon aircraft are accurate to the performance of the real deal.

Fun game.  And points don't matter above a 500 score.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
The issue is it's used by dweebs in this game because for the most part they suck and can't do anything else......It's considered a skill-less cheap shot in a one on one first pass....

So Jefferson DeBlanc must have been a "skill-less dweeb" because he shot at the Oscar on the first head on pass...right?

And the issue is that in the game, if you do it at all you're automatically branded a dweeb, even though, as the video shows up there, it was a widely used combat tactic in the Pacific and Europe Theatres.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »
crockett summed it up well.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Re: HO'ing
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 12:01:23 AM »
Originally posted by Daubie
All you guys whine about it, but everytime I withold fire, I'm dead.
You need to learn how to deny enemies that HO shot on the merge. It's easy. Look me up sometime if you'd like me to show you.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 12:04:11 AM »
So Jefferson DeBlanc must have been a "skill-less dweeb" because he shot at the Oscar on the first head on pass...right?

And the issue is that in the game, if you do it at all you're automatically branded a dweeb, even though, as the video shows up there, it was a widely used combat tactic in the Pacific and Europe Theatres.

Why don't you read the rest of what I posted.

I don't really think the issue of Ho'ing has anything to do with if it took place in real combat or not. The issue is it's used by dweebs in this game because for the most part they suck and can't do anything else.

It's about mutual respect between two guys fighting, It's considered a skill-less cheap shot in a one on one first pass.

If the fight is in a few turns and you get a shot with a HO by all means take it.. However if all you can do is try for a first pass Ho then extend to make another HO and so on.. Well that's a dweebism at it's finest.
"strafing"

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »
If u die in a ho who is really the dweeb??? remember the goal is to control the fight, if u go into the HO then hes controling the fight, and your probly ganna lose right?? so stop whining, simple to avoid a ho, turn out and around

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »
Why don't you read the rest of what I posted.

Okay fine let's dissect what you said.

Okay agreed. If you don't know ACM and only HO then yes.

I stand by what I said in my reply. According to what you said right here, you consider the pilot in the documentary to be skill-less since he shot at the Oscar on the HO.

This is just the same as your first paragraph, which I agree with.
It comes down to ACM+HO = good stick / HO only = dweeb.

I didn't disagree with you in my original reply. All I said was usually any HO'er in any arena is branded a Dweeb, not if you include ACM with it or not...so I don't know why you said read your post again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:25:38 AM by halcyon »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 02:31:08 AM »
Again, for the umpteenth time.  Comparing a HO shot in real combat to a HO shot in AH doesn't work as in real combat the risk was real and in AH the risk is not there.

Your life is on the line and you have no alternative, then HO away, but since no one dies and planes are free in AH, HOing is a cheep way to avoid a fight.

None of us here are trying to survive to get home to our families or are protecting our country from anything.  We're sitting in nice chairs by our computers and pretending.

The second we actually start dying in here, then you can justify a HO.  Until then, it won't work.

That being said, if you want to HO, go ahead.  I'm not going to because I'm not that desperate for a kill.  I'd rather try and shoot em in the back after working at it a bit.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters