Author Topic: Guns for killing snakes  (Read 5409 times)

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »
Stop calling "Squeakers" snakes !!! Do you have no respect for those snakes.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »
Texas. Ah now it makes sense.

Why do mexicans all hate snakes? I wonder if it's genetic. Hope he's got medical insurance, although I doubt it. And I certainly hope he's not one of my neighbors, I can really envision one of those handsomehunkes asking for advice on which gun is best for killing snakes.

If I ever shot a snake, my dad would've ran outside to see wtf was going on, then he would've taken the gun away from me and brained me with it.

storch

Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
no need to fear snakes, leave them alone they are providing rodent control.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 05:09:30 PM »
I prefer the shovel.

I have some wildlife rules with my sons.  Here's the one about snakes:

If it's a snake, you can keep it until it comes out of the box for you to play with ~ at that time it gets killed.

They didn't believe it even after I killed their first snake... it took several times.  Shovel worked great each time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:12:03 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Texas. Ah now it makes sense.

Why do mexicans all hate snakes? I wonder if it's genetic. Hope he's got medical insurance, although I doubt it. And I certainly hope he's not one of my neighbors, I can really envision one of those handsomehunkes asking for advice on which gun is best for killing snakes.

If I ever shot a snake, my dad would've ran outside to see wtf was going on, then he would've taken the gun away from me and brained me with it.
What a Maroon.

.22 ratshot can kill a small snake. It will just ****off larger ones (yeah, that's what you want). I suggest a .410 shotgun. You don't have to have perfect aim plus it gets the job done cheap and fun.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
My wife is 4-0 against snakes in the yard with a hoe. We've come across four snakes this year while working in the yard, before I can determine if they are poisonous or not........ THUNK!!!  Judy whacks them in half with the hoe. The last time it happened I said " Hey baby don't do that so quick. Let me determine if it's a good snake".

"It's a good snake now" she said." :lol

Last Saturday I went out to the shed to get birdseed for the feeders. The shed was full of mice who had torn into the bird seed bag. I'm hiding the hoe.:aok

:rofl  Verrrry funny Shifty!
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »
Get a cat. No mice, no snakes, no problem.

Oh, I sort of agree with your wife Shifty. The only good snake is a size 12 1/2D Tony Lama.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »
got rattlesnakes like crazy up here in washington..i have used bird shot 22 rounds..they work great for snakes:) there weak anuff were you dont have to worry about any pellets coming back at you..and plenty strong anuff to kill a snake at 10 foot range ..we have killed them with regular bullets..but i dont like to do that much..shooting point blank at the ground with slugs isnt the brightest idea somtimes..lol..the best snake killer pistol made is proubly magum research 410..shoots 410 shotgun shells...i kinda like rifles my self..think if i had to pick a rilfe for a snake killer and all around gun..i would get a over under config with 44 mag or 357 on top and 20 gage or 410 on the bottom.

i only known one person who got bit by a rattle snake here...one of my cousins..he allmost died and had horse serum injections at the hospital. they told him,,50% chance the snake venom will kill you..50% chance the horse serum will...lol..he took the chance with the horse..lol

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »
We use a .38 Special revolver.  We got a nice rattlesnake that we unfortunately couldn't collect after dispatching.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »
Seriously though, have you ever known an ethnic who didn't have an odd fear of reptiles ?

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Get a cat. No mice, no snakes, no problem.

Get a boa, no cat, no mice, no problem.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Seriously though, have you ever known an ethnic who didn't have an odd fear of reptiles ?
Why don't you just call 'em Darkies or Wetbacks? No point in hiding under that sheet.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 06:03:27 PM »
This is the first time I've ever upset somebody by not saying a racial slur.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »
Oh, but you conveyed the point so well.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »
Which was ?

BTW, do you think wetback is worse than saying illegal alien ?